TransWhatevers of AVEN

Amputation Defenestration

It was my suggestion, over on the Yadagroup, that the Yadapuppy be named Sir Clarabelle Poffington.

I'd like us to take a vote. What do you think, Yadas?

I vote YES. ALL THE TIME.

asexual cake

It was my suggestion, over on the Yadagroup, that the Yadapuppy be named Sir Clarabelle Poffington.

I vote aye.

Aye.

I am definitely open to this.

OKAY YADAS.

My friend Arron has to make an advert for a pair of shoes for AP English, and he needs non-perverted Star Trek related puns. Since we're all nerds, and we all seem to like language, I though you could help, since I'm drawing a blank.

If they're allowed to be terrible, allow me to submit the following:

"They're so [adjective], you'll want to Klingon to [name of shoes] forever!"

His reaction: "OMG. THAT'S FANTASTIC."

OKAY YADAS.

My friend Arron has to make an advert for a pair of shoes for AP English, and he needs non-perverted Star Trek related puns. Since we're all nerds, and we all seem to like language, I though you could help, since I'm drawing a blank.

If they're allowed to be terrible, allow me to submit the following:

"They're so [adjective], you'll want to Klingon to [name of shoes] forever!"

His reaction: "OMG. THAT'S FANTASTIC."

MY TERRIBLE PUNS AND I ARE VALIDATED.

Tell Arron I said thank you for the compliment.

MY TERRIBLE PUNS AND I ARE VALIDATED.

Tell Arron I said thank you for the compliment.

I think I shall have to yield my chair in Bad Puns to you! :lol:

Are the shoes size 6 of 9?

What did Picard say when he saw the Singer? Make it sew!

Actually, I don't know a whole lot about the series after the original Star Trek.

Professor T. Pollution

Is everything "of doom" here?

Yes.

Yadas? can i ask you a favour?

i hate to be a bother (oh, well, who am i kidding--no i don't; this is me we're talking about), but i have to ask those of you who are on Facebook not to ambush me there with chat until i'm well again. for anybody thinking, "oh no--i chatted with P--is he angry at me?" the answer is no. i'm truly not. but as i said a few days ago, i'm still recuperating, and while i'm OK to post both here and on Facebook, i need to do it in my own time and at my own pace, and right now chat is just too much for me. i've tried to set my status to Invisible there, but i can't get it to take. so if you see me, feel free to leave me a message to say hello, or deface my wall however you like, i don't care; but as of now, i'm putting you on notice that until i'm genuinely much better, if you try to chat with me, i'm going to ignore you. please don't take it personally. i don't always answer my phone when it rings either. what i lack in character i try to make up for in consistency.

thanks all. hope to be back in full form in a week or so. but until then, respectfully, i need you to back off. i'll see you here. you'll just have to make do.

Heh. Don't talk to me on facebook either. I won't respond, and if I do, it'll only be begrudgingly and with a degree of resignation. I don't do facebook chat.

I would chase that dragon all the time.

*cough*

Curses, you beat me to it. (not that I actually would/do — I'm far too paranoid about anything that might lower my self-control to use any mind-altering substances (with good reason in my case, I might add))

*hides secretly from working on her paper about asexuality* I don't wanna parenthetically document things I already knew! Dang you college-level classes where it's all like "Write a research paper, minimum of 5 pages, about something you think is important, and you like, and parenthetically document it." v-v *sighs* Does anyone want to be quoted? It'd be fuuuuu~n... *pleading look* Pleeeeeease! I can't quote myself; it would be like cheating.

are you looking for permission to use existing quotes, Puiseag, or are you looking for new material?

Either/or. My research paper is supposed to prove the validate of asexuality as a sexual orientation, but I also need to have an antithesis, so I need both sides in it... So, your view points, good reactions, bad reactions, whatever you feel like saying at the moment, an odd anecdote about tiny dragons, whatever.

So, um, no one wants to help me out? v-v Okay.

I'd love to be quoted in a paper. It appeals to my vanity. But it would help if you posted a couple questions or prompts to give us a more specific idea of what you're looking for.

Aye!

/back to stat hw

Ja

So, it seems that the names I've suggested for the Yadapets have gone over well, which is cool.

Now, it's your turn. I sort of accidentally got a new pet today, and I want you to rename it for me! For reference, it is this adorable creature:

SaltPepper.jpg

Now I fully expect this name to be as gender-frakking and stuffed-full-of-fabulousness as the lot of you, and I know you won't disappoint me.

Go!

Ja

Just because the Latvian word simply cannot be without its Russian equivalent.

Da.

So, it seems that the names I've suggested for the Yadapets have gone over well, which is cool.

Now, it's your turn. I sort of accidentally got a new pet today, and I want you to rename it for me! For reference, it is this adorable creature:

SaltPepper.jpg

Now I fully expect this name to be as gender-frakking and stuffed-full-of-fabulousness as the lot of you, and I know you won't disappoint me.

Go!

For some reason the name Petronella Peters, Prince of Persia comes to mind, but, as I've said far too many times today, I've the mental capacity of a dimwitted zombie at the moment, so feel free to ignore me.

And I'm off to bed. Night all!

SaltPepper.jpg

Go!

Madam Willoughby Hedgington-upon-Hogsworth.

SaltPepper.jpg

Go!

Madam Willoughby Hedgington-upon-Hogsworth.

Ooh, I like that one!

And now I really am going to bed.

SaltPepper.jpg

Vyvyan Kimberley Cholmondeley III

"Cholmondeley" is traditionally pronounced "Chumley". and the given names can be considered either male or female, or one of each, or sufficiently ambiguous as to be neither. and i refuse to speculate on what might have befallen numbers I and II.

SaltPepper.jpg

"Cholmondeley" is traditionally pronounced "Chumley". and the given names can be considered either male or female, or one of each, or sufficiently ambiguous as to be neither. and i refuse to speculate on what might have befallen numbers I and II.

As much as I love the others, I doubt anyone will object to me adopting this name, for it is utterly magnificent.

And clearly what befell them was that they turned into an adorable pug puppy and a teensy little drognlet.

And now I really am going to bed.

Good morning everybody!

*sips coffee and prepares for work*

Here comes the sun!

And I say, "It's all right, little darlin'"

SaltPepper.jpg

As much as I love the others, I doubt anyone will object to me adopting this name, for it is utterly magnificent.

And clearly what befell them was that they turned into an adorable pug puppy and a teensy little drognlet.

huzzah! and you can just call hir your little Chum.

So, I was just searching through Syracuse University's catalog a little bit, and I searched 'gender' even though it has nothing at all to do with anything I'm studying and therefore found stumbled across this:

ANT 478 Language & Gender

Crosslisted with: WGS 478

Double Numbered with: ANT 678

3 Credits - Offered irregularly

The role of language in the construction of gender/sex, using works of linguistic anthropologists, sociolinguists, and feminists. Children's learning of gendered language; the intersection of gender, class, and language; gender and political economy.

And, well, for some reason I thought you Yadas might be interested in it, just a little bit. Dunno why that thought crossed my mind.

SaltPepper.jpg

Is that a hedgehog? It is absolutely adorable. How did you "accidentally" end up with a pet hedgehog?

Here, since I'm lazy, I'll just copy and paste what I said on Facebook re: the hedgehog.

Well, crap. Facebook won't let me do that, so I'll just say that I sort of just, well, it needed a home. What was I supposed to do? Not take it in and Yadaify it?

I want this one:

tumblr_l9uf7zGkPP1qdy1z6o1_400.jpg

Well, now it makes sense why pictures of this puppy and the very cool dragon were added to the Yadagroup album. Also, I vote Kyllä to Sir Clarabelle Poffington.

"Let's suppose someone sat you down and said, very frankly, 'I know it may not make sense now, but someday, very soon, you will have a very strong desire to cut off your foot. no, don't give me that look like you won't, everyone does. It's normal. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone my age who hasn't. Anyway, since it's going to be so important to you, and I know I can't stop you, I want to tell you how to do it safely. Let me give you some little plastic covers so that the stump where your foot was doesn't get infected, since that can happen sometimes. Also, if you wait until you're married, then you can both cut off your feet together, and it'll make you feel closer as a couple. Just remember, it's always best to wait until then, since this is a big deal. Now, when you're cutting off feet, you can get a lot of fluids everywhere, so be sure to clean it up. You can catch diseases from that stuff too, you know. I'm telling you this because cutting off feet is probably the most beautiful and enjoyable thing you'll ever do, but I want you to do it safely. I mean, you don't want to get hurt, do you? Oh, and by the way, this is where babies come from too' And the whole time he's saying this, everyone around you is completely enthralled - they're nodding, they're writing down notes, they're asking whether a saw or hatchet works best, etc."

Where is this quote from? I think I've read it but can't remember when or where.

Re: books, thank you, Defenestration, for the list. I've read some and just added the rest on my to-read list for when I can pull myself off this damned time-consuming thread. I'm especially fond of "A Journey to the Center of the Earth", I was maybe ten when I read it for the first time.

Oh, that. I thought I put the author's name in there, but I totally DID NOT. http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/user/30818-shinaeroth/'>Shinaeroth is the one who said it in http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/36406-incredibly-ace-moments/page__st__1680__p__1477392__hl__%2Bhatchet+%2Bworks+%2Bbest__fromsearch__1#entry1477392'>Incredibly Ace Moments. Credit where credit is due. I LOVE this analogy, haha.

Also, YEAH ME TOO. *high five* I believe it was the Wishbone episode that completely fascinated me first, thus prompting me to read the book. It's still a favorite. smile.gif

No wonder I had read it, then.

Are you talking about a series based on the "Journey"? I have a vague memory of watching something like it. But then, when I'm reading a book I have a habit to mentally construct a very detailed image of the scenery and the characters, so I'm not sure. Sometimes I even find myself thinking which actor would be perfect to play a certain character.

So, I was just searching through Syracuse University's catalog a little bit, and I searched 'gender' even though it has nothing at all to do with anything I'm studying and therefore found stumbled across this:

ANT 478 Language & Gender
Crosslisted with: WGS 478
Double Numbered with: ANT 678
3 Credits - Offered irregularly
The role of language in the construction of gender/sex, using works of linguistic anthropologists, sociolinguists, and feminists. Children's learning of gendered language; the intersection of gender, class, and language; gender and political economy.

And, well, for some reason I thought you Yadas might be interested in it, just a little bit. Dunno why that thought crossed my mind.

Ooooh, I want to take that class.
Miselle Serafine

Awww, man, did I miss the Pratchett squee? This is what I get for being in bed dying of teh sickness for the last few days. I didn't even get P dressed up as a minstrel warbling under my window. Although I get the weird feeling he just named that prickler after my granddad...

Professor Godric

It's my birthday!

So far, I have got a t-shirt, a supply of dark chocolate, and an umbrella for loot. I cannot wait to open them. Today's also the one day of the week where I don't have a single class.

Miselle Serafine

Happy birthday Professor! Have a zombie cake on me.

283513422_ebc5ae5570.jpg

(today is my only class-free day too, by the way ;) Hope it's a good one for ya!)

Demacrux (emi star...)

It's my birthday!

So far, I have got a t-shirt, a supply of dark chocolate, and an umbrella for loot. I cannot wait to open them. Today's also the one day of the week where I don't have a single class.

Happy birthday..enjoy your day without a class.

Professor Godric

Happy birthday Professor! Have a zombie cake on me.

283513422_ebc5ae5570.jpg

(today is my only class-free day too, by the way ;) Hope it's a good one for ya!)

That is a magnificent cake.