TransWhatevers of AVEN

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Yes, I am a bit of a country bumpkin.

No, I am. My father plays the banjo.

See, Joseph, I said I'm a bit of a bumpkin. I think that fact alone qualifies you as more than 'a bit'.

He used to go busking in a pair of dungarees, wearing a straw hat and with a tooth blacked out with a piece of black paper. Oh, and a piece of grass in his mouth.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY. I WANT A BANJO. My step-aunt might have hers packed away somewhere and if they ever find it, I have dibs. I was going to buy one for my birthday but I need to learn how to play my guitar and my bass. (Then a banjo, then a mandolin!)

Banjos are awesome. We have a mandolin in the attic somewhere, too.

Learn guitar first, then bass will be easy.

I have no musical talent, whatsoever. I played clarinet for all of two (painful) weeks, sometime in elementary school.

Never again.

I'm an electronic musician. Give me a PC (Not a mac, ew), a USB keyboard and a few hours and you got yourself a song. It's cool, because if you get a note wrong you just drag it and change it :P

Percy McKean

I wanna be a hobbit adventurer :3

Okay! The more the hobbit-ier! Do you have good taste in dress jackets and suits?

I have no musical talent, whatsoever. I played clarinet for all of two (painful) weeks, sometime in elementary school.

Never again.

There's nothing wrong with clarinet . . . Well, actually, the welts I get on the underside of my lip would like to say otherwise. But other than that, really, it's not so bad.

KieranTheWerewolf42

That reminds me of a bumber sticker I saw that said,"Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!"

I want to be a airship pirate! XD

Yes! Sky Pirates rule!

Now onto a more serious topic...

I've been trying to find a style that's more "me" and I think I have found it. I was watching "White Collar" yesterday and became obsessed with Neal's modern take on 1940s men's fashion.

You know something like this...

neal-caffrey-picture.jpg

Lord Dandylion

Okay! The more the hobbit-ier! Do you have good taste in dress jackets and suits?

My taste in any type of fashion tends to be a little on the strange side. It's for you to decide whether or not it's good.

Being barefoot beats being shod any time.

mmm... depends on the shoes, Bad Patient. depends entirely on the shoes.

I must disagree. It depends entirely on the conditions of the ground you're walking on. Shoes are icky (maybe my feet make me biased)

My taste in any type of fashion tends to be a little on the strange side. It's for you to decide whether or not it's good.

Being barefoot beats being shod any time.

mmm... depends on the shoes, Bad Patient. depends entirely on the shoes.

I must disagree. It depends entirely on the conditions of the ground you're walking on. Shoes are icky (maybe my feet make me biased)

good lord, you people. this Hobbit thing must end. now.

i'm sorry, but i'll take a pair of these over bare feet any day.

aaac2.jpg

Herr Joseph von Löthing

P, you won't like what I bought the other day...

Ex-German army combat boots. Size 13 UK (Size 14 US I believe), black leather. Very uncouth. But oh so comfortable.

Themz me stompin' boots.

What was that tiny race in that one setting that were kleptomaniacs, had lots of mouth-wrinkles, and talked way too damn fast?

*googles*

KENDER.

Can I be a Kender adventurer?

Kender description:

"..wizened 14-year-olds and, unlike halflings, they wear shoes."

(or I could be the token human female knight)

Lord Dandylion

aaac2.jpg

While those shoes are quite nice, my feet are adamantly opposed to wearing shoes. It had nothing to do with whether or not I want to wear them :P

aaac2.jpg

Oh my... I've never wanted a pair of shoes more :o

asexual cake

What larks you all get into while I'm away. I come home to see an entire page has been written in my absence.

Damn school.

And what's wrong with hobbits(es)? That is discriminatory. Against short people.

More relevant, perhaps:

I did not confuse any people out of the bathroom today, though I did get several odd looks while entering.

Furthermore, it's beginning to feel a bit odd to use the women's restroom, as if I don't belong there, which I suppose I don't, but I've never had even remote trouble thinking that I do before. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

aaac2.jpg

*Gently pushes aside P's choice of shoes*

*Puts Dinkles marching shoes in place*

glide.jpg

I'm sorry, is my unhealthy adoration for marching band showing?

More relevant, perhaps:

I did not confuse any people out of the bathroom today, though I did get several odd looks while entering.

Furthermore, it's beginning to feel a bit odd to use the women's restroom, as if I don't belong there, which I suppose I don't, but I've never had even remote trouble thinking that I do before. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

I've never felt that using one bathroom was more correct than the other; I would be just as comfortable (or should I say uncomfortable?) using a men's restroom as a women's restroom. I have experienced becoming more uncomfortable in the women's restrooms, however, as I've started to look less and less like a female. Knowing that it looks like I shouldn't be in there is what causes my heightening consternation while using it.

Lord Dandylion

What larks you all get into while I'm away. I come home to see an entire page has been written in my absence.

Damn school.

And what's wrong with hobbits(es)? That is discriminatory. Against short people.

More relevant, perhaps:

Not that, exactly, but I have often had to remind myself that I have to use the women's restroom without exception.

It just seems so foolish that if I had to pee, and it was going to take about 30 seconds, that I would need to wait in the 15 minute line for the girls' room when I could so easily just pop in the men's room instead.

Like, it gets to the point that several times I've said that if I didn't have boobs, I'd do it. I didn't even care.

If it's one of those with the locking door, just one person, and there's no men waiting, I'll do it.

It just... I don't feel like I should be required to use the women's restroom. I don't know why, it's just always been that way.

aaac2.jpg

Oh.

Oh.

P! I haven't got any more room for shoes in my flat!

OK. let me clarify.

i happen to have superior taste in men's footwear. this in no way implies that i think everyone ought to share it. if you want to go barefoot, go barefoot, by all means. just don't expect me to share your quirky little peccadillo, and please let me wear my choice of footwear whenever necessary.

and the Hobbit business? it's only to do with the shoe thing. if Hobbitts wore superior footwear, you'd never hear me speak a word against them. as it stands, though? bare, hairy feet and P are not friends.

(who was talking about tattoos, though? was that here or elsewhere? because i'll weigh in on that conversation happily. i've some interesting thoughts on the matter, to be honest...)

I think you have my glasses, Vincent. Well. Assuming the person in your avatar is you.

Yup, it's me. :)

Wow, I am majorly confused. Someone just asked me if I date as a man or a woman. I have no idea what that even means. If someone dates me, they are dating me. Not a gender role, me.

asexual cake

and the Hobbit business? it's only to do with the shoe thing. if Hobbitts wore superior footwear, you'd never hear me speak a word against them. as it stands, though? bare, hairy feet and P are not friends.

Ah, well, that makes more sense, then. I'm not myself particularly fond of going bare-foot (I can gain at least an inch with most footwear), but the pull of hobbit-y adventuring is too great to resist.

Wow, I am majorly confused. Someone just asked me if I date as a man or a woman. I have no idea what that even means. If someone dates me, they are dating me. Not a gender role, me.

People are ridiculous.

Also, I hate German.

Lord Dandylion

Well people want to know if they're acting gay or not by dating you, I assume. Silly, really, but so many people can't wrap their heads around people without knowing their gender and using that as some sort of foundation.

That reminds me of a bumber sticker I saw that said,"Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!"
I want to be a airship pirate! XD
Yes! Sky Pirates rule!Now onto a more serious topic...I've been trying to find a style that's more "me" and I think I have found it. I was watching "White Collar" yesterday and became obsessed with Neal's modern take on 1940s men's fashion.You know something like this...neal-caffrey-picture.jpg

Oh my. This is gorgeous. We must bring back this kind of styles. I think I might actually look un-terrible in a getup like this.

Tha—

Mayb—

Wha—

I don't even.

Well people want to know if they're acting gay or not by dating you, I assume. Silly, really, but so many people can't wrap their heads around people without knowing their gender and using that as some sort of foundation.

Lol, I'm the Gay-O-Matic 2000!

I date as a Fancy.

So, take me to the theatre.

(the Shakespeare kind)

or a snazzy resturaunt..

or a scenic picnic..

you get the picture.

I've been thinking. (It's a thing I do. Pretty much all I do, really.) Last night I was lying in bed and thinking about the kind of stuff everyone else thinks about before they fall asleep: my weird sexual and gender identity. At one point I remembered my fondness of the term "demiromantic" and, chuckling, I said to myself that I can any word relate to me if I just stick a "demi-" in front of it. And then I realised that it might actually help me find a word for my gender identity. I've felt for some time that I may have too much of the masculine element in me to call myself agender and feel good about it — so maybe it would be a nice idea to call myself a demiguy. Demidude. Demibloke. Just not demiman, tyvm, because I only accept being called a man when you're talking about my body and not mind, and even then I prefer adjectives like "masculine" or "male" to that dreaded noun. Now, I'm not being entirely serious here, as I'm not going to go around calling myself a demibloke and I don't think I'll ever find a term that fully describes me anyway — and if I do, my identity will probably change just to spite me — but I kind of like those words and feel that they may actually describe me quite well. I'm not sure. But then again, I'm never sure of anything related to myself.

Signed,

Bad Patient the Demiyada

PS The elitist douche in me likes describing himself with terms that are likely used by no-one else.

• Like 1

I've been thinking. (It's a thing I do. Pretty much all I do, really.) Last night I was lying in bed and thinking about the kind of stuff everyone else thinks about before they fall asleep: my weird sexual and gender identity. At one point I remembered my fondness of the term "demiromantic" and, chuckling, I said to myself that I can any word relate to me if I just stick a "demi-" in front of it. And then I realised that it might actually help me find a word for my gender identity. I've felt for some time that I may have too much of the masculine element in me to call myself agender and feel good about it — so maybe it would be a nice idea to call myself a demiguy. Demidude. Demibloke. Just not demiman, tyvm, because I only accept being called a man when you're talking about my body and not mind, and even then I prefer adjectives like "masculine" or "male" to that dreaded noun. Now, I'm not being entirely serious here, as I'm not going to go around calling myself a demibloke and I don't think I'll ever find a term that fully describes me anyway — and if I do, my identity will probably change just to spite me — but I kind of like those words and feel that they may actually describe me quite well. I'm not sure. But then again, I'm never sure of anything related to myself.

Signed,

Bad Patient the Demiyada

PS The elitist douche in me likes describing himself with terms that are likely used by no-one else.

and yet... and yet... that makes perfect sense to me.

i could quite easily describe myself as a demiguy. just from the opposite perspective. while i'm biologically female, i would get all twitchy if i were to refer to myself as a demigirl. it doesn't fit, at all. but demiguy--yeah. pretty much. in the sense that i am masculine enough by nature to fit pretty much anyone's arbitrary definition, while not ever being so wholly masculine as to be unmistakably, incontrovertibly male. because, let's face it, i wouldn't have been one whole hell of a lot different had i been born biologically male; i just would have been perceived as queer and effeminate. so why shouldn't i deal with that label now, as things stand? i can think of a lot worse things to be called--a "pretty girl" amongst them.

so, yeah, for today? demiguy will do. thanks, Bad Patient. it's a comfort to know that somehow, i'm just as much a guy as you are being biologically male, and you're just as much a girl as i am being biologically female. how cosy. have some cake, won't you? i can't stand to be a poor host.

asexual cake

i could quite easily describe myself as a demiguy. just from the opposite perspective. while i'm biologically female, i would get all twitchy if i were to refer to myself as a demigirl. it doesn't fit, at all. but demiguy--yeah. pretty much. in the sense that i am masculine enough by nature to fit pretty much anyone's arbitrary definition, while not ever being so wholly masculine as to be unmistakably, incontrovertibly male. because, let's face it, i wouldn't have been one whole hell of a lot different had i been born biologically male; i just would have been perceived as queer and effeminate. so why shouldn't i deal with that label now, as things stand? i can think of a lot worse things to be called--a "pretty girl" amongst them.

Um. Yes.

I was going to bold parts for emphasis, but then I realized that I would have to bold all of this, thus making it fairly pointless.

Lord Dandylion

Bad Patient, that is fantastic. I actually find 'demigirl' to fit me quite well, but it still feels a little weird. I might say guy because I use it fairly neutrally anyway, but masculine is not how people would describe me. I know I'm a lot more feminine than I'd like to think, but demigirl sounds weird (like I run around in skimpy 'demi' bras or something.)