TransWhatevers of AVEN

I have a cape( it's reversible black and red velvet, and heavy). I'd also like to get in on the world-conquering, however I'd prefer Southern Russia and my fiance is sexual so I won't be joining your group in Finland.

P is for...

I have a cape( it's reversible black and red velvet, and heavy). I'd also like to get in on the world-conquering, however I'd prefer Southern Russia and my fiance is sexual so I won't be joining your group in Finland.

then i hope you realize you're on your own, a_bi_sexual. as far as the rest of us go, it's

all the way.

solidarity, my friends. that's what it's all about.

hiekkahentunen, anyone?...

you are all crazy and I love you but I haven't got the patient to read all the loooong posts of yours :lol:

I'm not so much into capes either even though I have one with a dragon on it. It's in the wardrobe for anyone to see :lol:

masseprofjuksjon014.jpg

don mind the messs, I'm a messy person :P

Bad Patient

and-- who doesn't love the 80s? people who lived through them.

I'm glad I was born in 1989 — because I can love the eighties with what little love there is in my tiny black heart. Rock me, Grace Jones.

As I said on Twitter the other day, I wish I could look like an 80s alt-rocker.

KieranTheWerewolf42

then i hope you realize you're on your own, a_bi_sexual. as far as the rest of us go, it's

all the way.

P, I have no idea what a hiekkahentunen is, let alone how to pronounce it. I can only speak English and Italian. Perhaps we could take over a part of Italy and create our own city-state? I don't think I could ever grasp Finnish, despite my love for cold weather and the overall awesomeness of Finland. Or perhaps instead of seizing some land in the middle of nowhere. We could seize Prague and the Czech Republic will be ours! :ph34r: :twisted:

P is for...

all the way.

P, I have no idea what a hiekkahentunen is, let alone how to pronounce it. I can only speak English and Italian. Perhaps we could take over a part of Italy and create our own city-state? I don't think I could ever grasp Finnish, despite my love for cold weather and the overall awesomeness of Finland. Or perhaps instead of seizing some land in the middle of nowhere. We could seize Prague and the Czech Republic will be ours! :ph34r: :twisted:

good morning, Transyadas! goodness, is the quest for world domination still marching ever onwards? you people are insatiable...

fist off, Kieran, hiekkahentunen is "a small pastry case of shortcrust dough, topped and decorated with sweet filling, like whipped cream, custard, lemon curd, jam, fresh berries, fruit, chocolate, etc. Besides wheat flour, the dough is usually made partly with finely ground almonds or potato flour, making the texture of the tartlet very light, fine and crumbly, resembling fine sand (= hiekka)". i think it sounds, to quote Pugnacioun, obscenely delicious. you may want to reconsider Finland on that count alone.

i can't really disagree with you about the desirability of making a grab for part of Italy (a good portion of my medieval training revolved around the city-states so i am sooooo with you there; particularly if it were fortified) or for Prague. but the whole point of stealing an acre or a thousand from Finland is that they would be unlikely to raise much of a fuss. somehow i doubt that would be the case with either of your suggestions, and really, i'm quite lazy so i'd prefer not to have anymore bloodshed than is absolutely essential. if you have a plan, however, i'm certainly open to hearing it. (i'd say let's concentrate on Italy, though, both for reasons of personal preference, and out of compassion for poor Basil, who seems to get lost in Prague quite easily.)

oh, and incidentally--all the hoohah on the board yesterday made me miss my plane to Helsinki last night. two words for you, my friends: nonrefundable ticket. thanks a heap.

asexual cake

all the way.

No! Finland or bust! /whips up signs, marches around, chants

The internet tells me that hiekkahentunen is one of many obscenely delicious Finnish baked goods, and besides - if my extensive obsessing over Finland via internet resources is to be accepted as valid knowledge gathering, you can get by in larger cities with only English, but even if you must learn Finnish, what better language is there? No language, my friends. Finnish it the best of all.

And, and, Finnish has gender neutrality! We are transyadas! It is a perfect match!

P is for...

No! Finland or bust! /whips up signs, marches around, chants

The internet tells me that hiekkahentunen is one of many obscenely delicious Finnish baked goods, and besides - if my extensive obsessing over Finland via internet resources is to be accepted as valid knowledge gathering, you can get by in larger cities with only English, but even if you must learn Finnish, what better language is there? No language, my friends. Finnish it the best of all.

And, and, Finnish has gender neutrality! We are transyadas! It is a perfect match!

we crossed posts, Pugnacioun; see above for my elucidation on the subject of hiekkahentunen and my shout out to you.

i was roused into a bit of a fervour by your opening line there, i have to say--until upon closer reading i realized you were using "whips" as a verb, not a noun. you can imagine my disappointment. don't get my hopes up like that again, Pugnacioun. especially not before i've had my breakfast.

KieranTheWerewolf42

P, and Pugnacioun, I have come up with a reasonable solution to our issues. Sardinia the island that is formally a part of Italy, but completely autonomous. To my knowledge, Sardinia is fairly low-tech, and would be fairly easy to conquer. Now, before I hear any of this Finland business, I have an idea. Split it in half. Some cities have a section dedicated to a particular nationality except we'll take it a bit further and have half of the island as the Finnish portion and do whatever the heck we want with the rest! We could have the best of both worlds. (Except for that cheese the Sardinians make with the maggots in it. I understand it's a delicacy, but ewww...I'd rather eat haggis.)

P.S. If we do end up taking over Finland anyway, could there be some kind of school set up that teaches Finnish?

P is for...

P, and Pugnacioun, I have come up with a reasonable solution to our issues. Sardinia the island that is formally a part of Italy, but completely autonomous. To my knowledge, Sardinia is fairly low-tech, and would be fairly easy to conquer. Now, before I hear any of this Finland business, I have an idea. Split it in half. Some cities have a section dedicated to a particular nationality except we'll take it a bit further and have half of the island as the Finnish portion and do whatever the heck we want with the rest! We could have the best of both worlds. (Except for that cheese the Sardinians make with the maggots in it. I understand it's a delicacy, but ewww...I'd rather eat haggis.)

P.S. If we do end up taking over Finland anyway, could there be some kind of school set up that teaches Finnish?

actually...

Sardinia is a rather brilliant suggestion, Kieran.

i do know a bit about it--though i'm by no means an expert--and yes, you're right, it's relatively low-tech. it's pretty much centered around sheep-herding (or shepherding, as the case may be), and it has the plus of being a Blue Zone so we could all live to ripe old ages. i like this idea. i like it very much.

i'm dubious about the prospect of setting up a Finnish settlement on Sardinia, though. to me it's an either/or proposition; i'm cultivating a "what happens in Finland, stays in Finland" mentality. but i'm nothing if not democratic and open-minded and will now leave the matter open to the other Transyadas for discussion.

Lord Dandylion

Everything you have just said makes this plan sound better and better, but since I can't be arsed to take over the world (I was just contemplating going to the tea shop and browsing a bit. It is very serious business, after all), might I join you once you have all taken over the world Finland?

Perhaps we're all turning into a hive mind?

I don't know how I'd feel about that.

You'd feel like everyone else.

As for Finland vs other places, I had a thought: we're taking over THE WORLD, right? Why don't we do that, and then those of us who wish to live in Finland can, and those who want to live with me in Russia can, and those who wish to live in Sardinia can, etc. And Aces and people they bring with them get to travel for lower rates, so we can all visit each other if we want changes of scenery.

Percy McKean

*jogs in wheezing* Thirteen hour workdays interfere with plotting...Sorry! *faints*

asexual cake

Percy, you have cramming to do. head down, eyes on your own paper, and summarize. then we'll talk.

If you do especially well you get a sticker.

Lord Dandylion

Percy, you have cramming to do. head down, eyes on your own paper, and summarize. then we'll talk.

A shiny gold star sticker? =o If so, it might just get lost on its way to Percy. Just a heads up. Of course, I have no idea how this will happen, but I thought you ought to know just in case.

P is for...

A shiny gold star sticker? =o If so, it might just get lost on its way to Percy. Just a heads up. Of course, I have no idea how this will happen, but I thought you ought to know just in case.

i've already got my sticker. it is of a man flying off a motorcycle. and it is fantastic.

Lord Dandylion

i've already got my sticker. it is of a man flying off a motorcycle. and it is fantastic.

*gasp* I was unaware that we were giving away so many stickers! How might I acquire one? (Besides the method stated above)

Percy McKean

Okay, if I'm reading this correctly, we are now a hive mind taking over Finland on nationalist sardines, by using stickers emblazoned with hakunamatata, in order to catch the haggis and send it down upon those that would defy us.

Yes?

P is for...

Okay, if I'm reading this correctly, we are now a hive mind taking over Finland on nationalist sardines, by using stickers emblazoned with hakunamatata, in order to catch the haggis and send it down upon those that would defy us.

Yes?

close enough for government work, Percy. thank you for providing us with the Cliff Notes version. which of course is not a substitute for reading the original material, but only intended for use as a study guide.

Percy McKean

close enough for government work, Percy. thank you for providing us with the Cliff Notes version. which of course is not a substitute for reading the original material, but only intended for use as a study guide.

Aw P, it's my summer break! I can't be having with actual knowledge. Psh, what kind of a colleger do you think I am?

Finland? Are you crazy folks? Aren't you aware Finland is the country where people drink themselves crazy and have saunas while they're flog themself with shrubs and are able to both swim and drive a car afterwords?? I don't think you have seen the finish people, it you had you wouldn't dare attack them. They have been fighting russia for a massive lots of years and they are a small country! You are hoppng crazy and I must say I am NOT with you.

I'd rather take hold on a small coutry closer to the meditteranian. People in warmer countries aren't that *scary*

(finsih mens on a regular summer afternoon.)

sauna_mange_menn_239700a.jpg

all right, all you damned Transyadas-- we were there; where were you?...

Snapshotofme79.jpg

prettyeyes, P, and Professor T. Pollution put you all to shame. be there next time or accept the consequences. we are prepared to take Finland without you.

Oh my... My guyliner makes it look like I'm possessed by demons. :lol: