45 years old and older HELLO is there anyone here?

Animal_Headbuts

I'm a little *unlike* Shelea though, in that I've always looked forward to my 'matron' status. Perhaps this is because, having observed my Grandparents, it seems like the society of their times allowed them to 'relax' after a certain age.

Oh, I agree about the 'relax' part -- I was refering to the self-generating, stereotypical 'blue-hair' matron. I do a few 'senior' things, and find that it's easy to spot the 50's generation women from the 'hippie' '60's... blue hair and jersey dresses vs. a more casual 'anything goes' (or 'whatever fits today') look. Frankly, the 'blue-hair' look has always been somewhat intimidating to me, and it's even scarier when it's on someone younger than I!

Shelea

lol! I *do* kmow what you mean Shelea. Lately, I've been wanting to find some warm clothing (it's really cold in my house) that isn't too sloppy looking, but soft on my skin and easy to get into. But I just *cannot* force myself to get one of those running suits, or those dressed up sweats! They just scream 'blue hair'. It's ridiculous, I know, I really shouldn't care, but I just can't make myself do it!

It's great knowing I can grow older disgracefully :wink: ! As for 'acting my age'...I never have and certainly don't intend changing the habits of a lifetime! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BiAsexualVegan

Hi Animal Headbuts. Pardon my ignorance. What does that mean? I'm a young fiftyish woman in Helena, Montana. Used to live in Redwood City & have been to Sacramento many times. Grew up in Reno. Nice to meet you.

Hi Animal Headbuts! Welcome - or maybe welcome back. Either way, it's all good.

I'm 48 and like you, astounded by all the young people here at Aven and how bright they are. I was nowhere near as self-aware when I was that young . . . .at least I don't think so - who can remember?? :wink:

Anyway, I thought I would share a little cute story - I have a friend at work who plays Bunko with her friends and she said, "Our husbands call it 'drunk-o'!" Evidently there is some alchohol consumption. Sounds perfect to me!

Enjoy Aven!

Mb Loves Batman

Hooray for old avenites!!! Hooray hooray. I see this as a true breakthru cause we are the oldies that lived forever feeling different until we found AVEN. That's a long time search and we never gave up and we are here. I am a romantic A so what of the thought of setting up meeting A's 35 and up --- In the meetup I find that most people are very young. I have been married 3 times and have children (most all grown up) so I had been living a sexual lifestyle for a whopping most of my life. Never understanding why I was different and I NEVER LIKED KISSING, NEVER LIKED SEX EVER EVER EVER but felt it was just normal and I had to do the dirty deed because its what people do. I am sooo happy I didn't find this out at 90 because I have faith that I can be comfortable in my own skin and find someone that I can connect with on a romantic level someday. Or at least understand myself moving forward in my life.

Hooray for AVEN.

:cake::cake: Mb Love Batman!

Welcome to this web home!

I arrived in 2004 and felt - yeessss! And, bloody hell, some of these friends think *very* strangely! And, ok, cool, let's settle down and -talk...after all, I'm now nearly 59, and that is centuries when you're trying to find people like yourself-cheers Islander9

Archived