45 years old and older HELLO is there anyone here?

Animal_Headbuts

Animal_Headbuts

[/b]Hello Everyone,

of course this is not my first post but I would love to meet and chat with some people my own age since I'm not in high school any more and I'm not in my 20's anymore.

Yes, I still enjoy the chatter of young people cuz the people here seem to be pretty darn smart and enlightened which is a great pleasure to me.

With all this said are their any folks out there at least 40 and up who are Asexual?

The younger folks that I do enjoy too, do not get to dog me for asking to chat with folks my own age either. LOL

Okay, kitty headbuts to all.

Animal_Headbuts
Welcome back Headbuts! :D Good to see you about here again. How's life?

Hello, hello Karl,

life is good but I would love to STOP being so darn single in this world. IN fact why did you have to born in the UK? Don't you know you were supposed to be born in the US not the UK? Your last letter to the acronym of your country is just all wrong. LMAO

I've been working part time so to speak. I stay at work for 3 days and then I'm home for 4 days. I go to the gym for an hour walk on the treadmill on most days recently. I go to the gym even on my work days. I help my folks when they need it. My Pa is bedridden but my mother is in perfect mental and physical health and does all of my father's care. So I am a good OLDER kid who helps Ma. I help her with the yard and house work since she must do most everything for Pa. He is basically a quad due to a particular form of Parkinson's disease.

My mother and I joke a lot cuz she is a positive and playful woman in her 70's.

Oh I just turned my very OLD car in for junk and bought a sorta new van. It's a 2000 but it looks totally new and only 47 thousand miles on it. I really like this new van.

Last night I went out and played bunko and had a blast. I was so silly the other women accused me of drinking several times but I think they were just joking. I gather with the once each month for a game of bunko, dinner and some laughs.

How is life going for you?

Animal_Headbuts
I recently found out that I am 42 (in base 13).

boa

Boa,

so how does it feel to be recently diagnosed as 42 years old? Now you said in base 13? what exactly does this mean? Could it mean you are really 13 and never plan to grow up?

I often think I am 12.

We are all planning to arrive in our PJ's at the host of December's Bunko gathering. So this should be interesting. It's an all women's team that I helped create.

So how is it being 42/13?

Talk about yerself. LOL

[/b]

Animal_Headbuts
Welcome back Headbuts! :D Good to see you about here again. How's life?

Mr. Boa/Karl,

I noticed you have a very interesting profile. You have some very neato interests. I don't know much about photography but I do enjoy it when it is well done.

42 base 13 is 54 base 10 (decimal). Math stuff...

I'm 10010 base 2 (binary), so I'm one of the "young ones" around here.

[edit]

D'oh! I forgot!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Animal_Headbuts
42 base 13 is 54 base 10 (decimal). Math stuff...

I'm 10010 base 2 (binary), so I'm one of the "young ones" around here.

[edit]

D'oh! I forgot!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Hello young one,

thank you for the data too. Thanks for the welcome too.

I am especially thankful for the data cuz I'm a data junky.

Have a great day and nice to meet you.

Live R Perfect

Pretty good thanks! :D I'm working on the next issue of the local paper at the moment and doing some interviews about asexuality for magazines. Keeping busy, you know... :wink:

Animal_Headbuts

Pretty good thanks! :D I'm working on the next issue of the local paper at the moment and doing some interviews about asexuality for magazines. Keeping busy, you know... :wink:

Yes, yes. I know about keeping busy. I do a lot of keeping busy in my life. I think I would make myself less busy if I had someone to pal around with. Well actually, I think I would just be busy in a different way. I think I would simply have more fun than I already do.

So, are very many people letting you interview them?[/b]

Greetings Animal Headbutts - I enjoy the age range here too - but also would enjoy chatting with older people (I'm 57, and have known I am asexual for nearly 40 years.)

Um, what is Bunko???

Cheers, kia ora - Islander9, writing from the far south of the world where it is an overcast morning threatening rain-

Well, I'm 43 according to the calendar, but I sure don't feel like it (nor do I look like it or act like it). I generally hang out with people much younger than myself.

And what, exactly, is Bunko?

Animal_Headbuts
Greetings Animal Headbutts - I enjoy the age range here too - but also would enjoy chatting with older people (I'm 57, and have known I am asexual for nearly 40 years.)

Um, what is Bunko???

Cheers, kia ora - Islander9, writing from the far south of the world where it is an overcast morning threatening rain-

Hello Islander9,

It's good to hear from people. I'm so glad people my own age are begining to responde. Gee, I thought I was the only one 40 and up on this board. I do enjoy the brilliant young minds on this board too. The young people here are surprisingly intelligent so they are a pleasure.

So what have you been doing with your 57 year old self? LOL Did you remain single or find a compatible partner?

Bunko is also spelled Bunco. It is a mindless game that reminds me of Yatzee. It is a combination of the game Yatzee and Cootie. I don't really know how to explain it really well but you can do a web search on it and there is real clear data on it. It's played a few different ways or with different rules. In short, there are 3 or more tables of 4 people. The person across from you is your partner until you switch tables or positions. So everyone roles until the head table arrives at 21 points. The losing team moves to the next table. The winning team stays but the people switch positions so they are no longer a team but become a team player of the person who is now sitting across from him/her.

The women's team I created was established for 18 to 100 years old. The requirements beyond age was the ability to smile, laugh, role dice and show up on time. This simple type of requirements made it not so scary to meet new people and try something new but fun.

The team of 12 created in the summer was set up so that each memeber hosts 1 month per year at their home. She is expected to have dinner, snacks and the tables set up for the game.

Some of the women don't have a large enough place so the women who do allow those members to host in their homes.

We opened the doors again because there were some women who wanted to play so much that we agreed to allow one more table. So now we have 16 players and it is a great cheerful group with a lot of silliness.

I hope I answered your questions.

Animal_Headbuts
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm the one being interviewed! :wink:

Hmm Karl,

this sounds very interesting. So it appears you are going public with your Asexuality. Did you enjoy the interview or was it stressful? What type of magazine is interviewing you?

Animal_Headbuts
Well, I'm 43 according to the calendar, but I sure don't feel like it (nor do I look like it or act like it). I generally hang out with people much younger than myself.

And what, exactly, is Bunko?

Hello El,

what age group do you tend to hang out with? Strangely, I tend to have quite a bit of the mischevious thinking of about a 10 year old boy. LOL I don't know the reason but it sure is there. Often, when people ask my age, I tell them 12. They laugh but later with astonishment tend to say, WOW you are such a kid. It's true I am in many ways but at the same time I am ULTRA responsible too. I'm never in debt, never blow my money, not a gambler or any of that kind of stuff. I just like to have fun. I'm not into loud music, dancing, bars and stuff like that. I enjoyed this wen I was in my 20's and then seemed regress to childhood with much joy. LOL

I described Bunko aka Bunco to Islanger9 so I don't think I should give that long repeat. Scroll up or down and you'll see it.

So I'll ask you as I do many of the people in their 40's. Did you end up remaining single or did you find a match as a partner?

I am single because I didn't know for most of my life that there were others like myself. Now, I would love to find a good match.

Hi Animal Headbutts,

I'm another one of the older Avenites ...

For the first and last time in my life, my age and my year of birth (last 2 digits only) are the same, at least for a little longer.

Is that enough of a clue to guess it?

*thinks*

*my one mathematically-inclined brain cell shorts out*

*ouch*

Well, if it isn't, here's the answer: ->52<-

BTW, I'm a married asexual .. one of several on this site ... but I was 45 when I finally found a mate. It's never too late. :D

-Greybird

hint: hit the "quote" button

AnimalHeadbuts (sorry for mis-spelling in earlier post - it was made pre-2nd cup of coffee) - many thanks for the explanation re Bunko. Sounds a lot of fun in good company...

Self: always been single, but am part of a large family(4-generational), and have a wide range of friends. Stuff I do: make a living by writing; fish; read heaps; paint & draw a bit, and dream a lot. Eat and drink a lot too. Am going to be building myself a new house in the new year, so will probably get reasonably fit again (I've been fairly sedentary for the past few years, and while I'm fond of being a blob, it does tend to limit the capacity to heave round 4x2s and handle a hammer for any length of time...)

Good to make your e-acquaintance :) - cheers/kia ora Islander9

Live R Perfect

Hmm Karl,

this sounds very interesting. So it appears you are going public with your Asexuality. Did you enjoy the interview or was it stressful? What type of magazine is interviewing you?

There had been a lot of media interest in asexuality recently - many of us have done interviews! Check out the World Watch and Visibility forums ;)

I've only done phone interviews and e-mails myself though.

Animal_Headbuts
Hi Animal Headbutts,

I'm another one of the older Avenites ...

For the first and last time in my life, my age and my year of birth (last 2 digits only) are the same, at least for a little longer.

Is that enough of a clue to guess it?

*thinks*

*my one mathematically-inclined brain cell shorts out*

*ouch*

Well, if it isn't, here's the answer: ->52<-

BTW, I'm a married asexual .. one of several on this site ... but I was 45 when I finally found a mate. It's never too late. :D

-Greybird

hint: hit the "quote" button

Hmm GreyBird,

does this mean you are 50 years old? If you were born in 1950 you would be 50 years old. Those two match. This would also mean you have had a mate for the past 5 years.

Well, you finding a mate to marry is an absolute blessing. I would like this so very much. I know and I do have a lot of fun. I do socialize and laugh alone and with others. I still would just love to be with a life partner to love and be loved. I think there is a special connection with this and a different kind of belonging that feels good even with the ups and downs of a relationship.

Thanks so much for responding too. :D

[/b]

Animal_Headbuts

Hmm Karl,

There had been a lot of media interest in asexuality recently - many of us have done interviews! Check out the World Watch and Visibility forums ;)

I've only done phone interviews and e-mails myself though.

Okie, dokie Karl,

I'll check out World Watch but you didn't tell me if you enjoyed the interview or not. I'm just curious. I'm not so sure I am that gutsy. I am glad you and others are doing these interviews.

Last night I sent out an advertisement online for Asexuals in town explaining where they can sign up to meet others. They can also contact me anonymously. I hope I get some responses.

[Hmm GreyBird,

does this mean you are 50 years old? If you were born in 1950 you would be 50 years old. Those two match. This would also mean you have had a mate for the past 5 years.

[/b]

I was born in 1952 and I also AM 52. (PDQ)

I should leave the math questions to those who enjoy such things. I'm pretty hopeless at it. :wink: I think I worded the original question wrong anyway ... argh.

-Greybird

Animal_Headbuts
[Hmm GreyBird,

[/b]

I was born in 1952 and I also AM 52. (PDQ)

I should leave the math questions to those who enjoy such things. I'm pretty hopeless at it. :wink: I think I worded the original question wrong anyway ... argh.

-Greybird

Oh well, I was close with little data. I'm not a math expert anyway. LOL

Anyway, glad to meet you and I'm even more glad to know you found someone to marry as an Asexual person.

Animal_Headbuts
Hi Animal_Headbuts,

Oz here :D 46 year old Aussie asexual!

:) Hello Oz,

I'm glad you spoke up. I'm so glad that each day someone speaks up and says they are somewhere in their 40's or beyond their 40's. I had been wondering if I was the only one here that is near my 50's.

Has your Asexuality caused you to remain single or have you been blessed to find a good match for a mate?

Thanks for responding. :D

:) Hello Oz,

Has your Asexuality caused you to remain single or have you been blessed to find a good match for a mate?

Thanks for responding. :D

Still single and resigned to staying that way :(

Hi Animal_Headbuts,

I'm 55, single and fairly happy to remain so (unless Miss Right comes along).

I won't bore you with my life history (at least not yet, and not in this thread <grin>), but even as a teenager I was never that interested in girls, and although I did date one or two, there never was any thought or connection to them being potential life-partners.

Brian

Archived