Discussion 2.0: Asexual Flag

standup

Can't wait! Had a dream that I was pinning up a huge A1 asexuality flag on my wall!

Hhahaha, I'm not the only one! (Though more a I want to instead of a dream... I want to get a union Jack for my room, why not a cool asexuality one as well? Though I might have to take it down when I have people over who don't know.... but It will come in handy)

With respect to the voting process--I had assumed we would use SurveyMonkey or some other hosted survey site. I wouldn't mind it being on AVEN, but there are alternatives which do not require people who have left the site to find or make accounts.

corduroyjackalope

Not to sound too harsh, but if someone left AVEN maybe they shouldn't be voting on a flag anyway. And it's not that hard to make an account. If they really want to vote they can make an account for the time being and then leave again when it's over. I just think the voting for an asexual flag should be kept on the community website. :aven:

Not to sound too harsh, but if someone left AVEN maybe they shouldn't be voting on a flag anyway. And it's not that hard to make an account. If they really want to vote they can make an account for the time being and then leave again when it's over. I just think the voting for an asexual flag should be kept on the community website. :aven:

There are a lot of people who left AVEN not because they wanted to leave the asexuality community but because AVEN in the past has not always been welcoming to everyone. There are people who remain active in the asexuality community who don't feel comfortable on AVEN due to previous bad experiences. I am not one of them, but neither do I think excluding them is a good idea.

AVEN is also not the entire asexuality community. That's kind of the point of getting our discussion of the flag thing out into the blogosphere and into other asexuality discussion communities such as Apositive and the livejournal community.

corduroyjackalope

I'm not saying they have to stay on AVEN. But I think the majority of asexuals are here, we already started voting on here, and if we try to redirect everyone somewhere else I think it will cause mass confusion. I'm not trying to slight anyone, but I think it's best overall if we kept the voting here.

Guest member31022

I'm not saying they have to stay on AVEN. But I think the majority of asexuals are here, we already started voting on here, and if we try to redirect everyone somewhere else I think it will cause mass confusion. I'm not trying to slight anyone, but I think it's best overall if we kept the voting here.

I'd agree with Sciatrix here, I think having it off site is easier - since we've been advertising this on the LJ, The Asylum and other places, it would be really unfair to make the voting an AVEN thing.

Well since I have no idea how to make a poll on a website that's not AVEN, I'll make it here for now, and if someone else wants to make some non-aven-affiliated poll we can add the results together later. I don't necessarily think it's all that important though, because most people who have been "advertised" to on LJ, the Asylum, etc, have dusted off their AVEN accounts to post here.

Sorry for the delay, I'm getting ready to post the next poll within 30 minutes. It's taking a while to get the sheet formatted and legible.

Guest member31022

Well since I have no idea how to make a poll on a website that's not AVEN, I'll make it here for now, and if someone else wants to make some non-aven-affiliated poll we can add the results together later. I don't necessarily think it's all that important though, because most people who have been "advertised" to on LJ, the Asylum, etc, have dusted off their AVEN accounts to post here.

Sorry for the delay, I'm getting ready to post the next poll within 30 minutes. It's taking a while to get the sheet formatted and legible.

Um, wouldn't that allow people to vote twice and thus bias it?

This is a website a lot of people use, and it's free: http://www.surveymonkey.com/

Archived