Oh yeah, I've had them. When my ex owned the candy store for several years, he mostly sold things that you can't get at any old convenience store or grocery store here in Canada, which largely meant UK and US products. He carried Necco Wafers and besides the original mixed flavour rolls, there were rolls of just chocolate flavoured ones as well.

I mean, I've had worse when it comes to candy. They're nothing special but they're... fine.

13 minutes ago, Sally said:

candy corn

🤮

I've tried to like it so many times, but...

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Wonder if you could use those in a pinch if you were out of real communion wafers for Mass...

Chocolate Jeebus.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Chocolate Jeebus.

Lol I call Jesus 'Jeebus' all the time.

From a few days ago...

32-F1-D7-DD-4574-487-D-AADB-93-B8-FF2-F8

• Like 2

Candy corn is one of those things I remember having and liking well enough as a kid.  I haven't had it in ages, though.

I could easily see my stance on it having changed in the time since.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, HiddenKS said:

No idea what y’all are talking about.

Candy Corn is awesome. 

I've had worse candy corn and better candy corn, but never really any gastronomically mind-blowing candy corn. (I was going to say maybe that should be stomach-blowing, since you eat it, but that just sounds incredibly weird and like a very very bad explosive diarrhoea incident, or possibly something involving ruptured intestines. God I really do have no filter whatsoever...) ANYWAY. I'd never tried candy corn until I knew my ex... if it's any consolation lol, he loves it as well. Tbh I'd never even heard of it when I was growing up, although I guess it is a thing here in Canada too.

Off topic, but since this seems to the be the SPFA chatter thread of the moment, god I just remembered how much of a turn-on watching people play music can be. 😂 This is not new information, but the drummer from one of my favourite bands has been posting videos on his Instagram for a few weeks now of him drumming along live to the the audio from the studio versions of some of their songs, and just... 🥵😅 Music is the only other thing I can think of that comes close to the same type of intense emotional energy and fulfilment that I get from (good) sex. So grateful Tele plays guitar lol. And that we bonded over music nerdery.

(It's highly amusing to me that after discovering my bisexuality, I genuinely thought there was a period I might just be a lesbian. I mean, women are wonderful too of course, but... yeah no, def not just gay. 😂 I guess I was just very busy immersing myself in the world of queerness and the relationship with my ex-girlfriend following an unfulfilling straight marriage and kinda forgot that men are great as well lol.)

1 hour ago, HiddenKS said:

No idea what y’all are talking about.

Candy Corn is awesome. 

I hope you soon recover from your delusion about that useless, tasteless, garish-looking and stomach-turning little nugget of dangerous chemicals.  Your health will only improve.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sally said:

hope you soon recover from your delusion about that useless, tasteless, garish-looking and stomach-turning little nugget of dangerous chemicals.  Your health will only improve.  

OMG you’re making me want to go buy a bag right now! 

mmmm… maybe a bag of the little pumpkins as well.

6 hours ago, Ceebs said:

BCFFF569-002-A-45-B3-B6-EA-C7573-D19-A85

mmmmmmmm…. Cry little candy corn, cry. I love the taste of your sugary tears. 

mmmm, when I bite into you, I can see the full imprint of my teeth on your waxy flesh…

Not all candy corn is created equal, but 99%? 🤮.

The other 1% that’s marginally edible also goes hand-in-hand with with “there’s nothing else in the house to eat, I’m totally desperate for anything sweet, I could never have more than a couple of these and they’ll have to do!”

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Ceebs said:

I just remembered how much of a turn-on watching people play music can be.

Or dancing! Watching Flamenco in Spain does it for me every time! The ballet affects me deeply as well.

Hmm, the accompaniment of music may be the “ Je ne sais quoi“? Yes.  Music plays on my emotions like nothing else, and I agree with you on the effects @Ceebs

We will attend a festival soon called Ohana - It’ll be our first time seeing Stevie Nicks live! 🙌🏼 Eddie Veder is also playing and on Sunday we again see PINK!  We chase that weekend with the musical Hamilton then fly east where we will attend a symphony   Music is wonderful. ♥️

One of the best parts of having kids is exposing their minds and hearts to all things amazing!  

….which doesn’t include candy corn for those of you wondering.🤣

• Like 1

I guess I’m that unusual person who is neutral towards candy corn.  XD  I prefer some of the larger iterations (e.g., pumpkins) that have a higher insides-to-wax-shell ratio, but both are more of an “I’ll eat and enjoy it if it’s there, but I don’t crave it or seek it out or miss it” thing.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

We will attend a festival soon called Ohana - It’ll be our first time seeing Stevie Nicks live! 🙌🏼 Eddie Veder is also playing and on Sunday we again see PINK!

Envious of all of those. I saw Pink in Toronto in 2018. I love her so so so much. She's just badass as a person as well as being an incredible singer. I have a Stevie Nicks poster on the wall in my bedroom and some Fleetwood Mac on vinyl (as well as loads on my phone lol, because you know... it's 2022 😂). I always crack up when I remember that my mum's cousin referred to them as her 'favourite secular band' in a post on Facebook (she's a religious nut, baptised Catholic like the rest of the family but got lured into a fairly conservative fundamentalist church of some sort). And Eddie Vedder... god I'd absolutely love to see him live. I adore his voice and way with words. 

We chase that weekend with the musical Hamilton

I've never seen a musical in my life lol, at least not live. Film adaptations, yes. I like to tease Tele cos he really really likes musicals. I'm not sure how many heterosexual men are willing to admit that. 😂

then fly east where we will attend a symphony

Ah, I do miss the symphony though. My gran and I used to go together, just the two of us. We had tickets for the local symphony orchestra for pretty much every performance each season when I was between the ages of about 11 and 19. As you can see, I was an incredibly cool teenager and not at all a weird nerd. I came very close to trying out for the city's youth orchestra because I played French horn back then... I was a school band geek and then did private lessons and all that. Still have a French horn stuffed in my closet here. But depression and anxiety and related mental shit ruined the youth orchestra plan and playing music in general, so. 🥲

2 hours ago, HiddenKS said:

mmmmmmmm…. Cry little candy corn, cry. I love the taste of your sugary tears. 

mmmm, when I bite into you, I can see the full imprint of my teeth on your waxy flesh…

Congratulations on making eating candy corn sound erotic. 😂

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

I've never seen a musical in my life

Tele will have to change that! We saw Wicked for the fifth time last March and the kids are still all in. 🤣. I’ve welcomed the shift to Hamilton. Both of my men unashamedly love musicals, both are heterosexual. We are a family of letting it breathe - whatever that means. Hahaha

Your gran sounds truly special! 🥰

9 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Still have a French horn stuffed in my closet

if you only knew - in fact I’ll share offline one day. We are all guitar players here. Well kids and Mom anyway. I find it funny when they have friends over that claim to play, they pick one up and I’m forced to smile as I think, “what the hell is that?” 🤣

• Like 1
Mountain House
13 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

And Eddie Vedder... god I'd absolutely love to see him live.

Uh, yeah. So, looking at the festival page...

14 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

willing to admit that

7 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

We are a family of letting it breathe

"Just Breathe"

You guys talk about candy corn like it's peeps or something...

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

Your gran sounds truly special! 🥰

Oh she was. She's the first person who made me realise I was certain I knew what love felt like, the only other person I've loved as strongly as Tele. I was her youngest grandchild and we were always kind of a pair. I've called her my first 'other half' (yes yes I know, we're all whole people as we are, no one completes us... but you know what I mean lol). Feisty and opinionated lady, a lot of character in a very tiny body haha. She was quite proper in some ways at the same time though. Sass with class lol. And a single mum after my granddad died in a mysterious drowning (?) accident in 1950. Never remarried. She was a few weeks away from turning 106 when she died in 2017.

Some local documentarians near where I grew up made a short video of an interview with her in 2013, since she was one of the oldest people in the area at the time. They talked to her about local history and whatnot.

(Removing soonish for privacy reasons and I don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing lol, but anyway...)

17 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

We are all guitar players here. Well kids and Mom anyway. I find it funny when they have friends over that claim to play, they pick one up and I’m forced to smile as I think, “what the hell is that?” 🤣

Actual lol.

I tried to learn on an acoustic sometime in my 20s but the damn thing seemed too big and awkward and (like my gran) I'm a very small person, and also ADHD and depression mean I never achieve any goals lol. I bought a secondhand Stratocaster in early 2020 and the size is much easier to work with and I practised diligently every day for quite a while until I, uh, didn't anymore. 😅 I'm bad at learning from books and videos anyway... I need Tele to teach me properly in person, I think.

13 minutes ago, Mountain House said:

"Just Breathe"

Easily one of my favourite PJ songs. I have cried to it and no I am not ashamed to admit that. 

14 minutes ago, Mountain House said:

You guys talk about candy corn like it's peeps or something...

Hey now, I love Peeps! 😂😂😂

God dammit I have to fix that spoiler shit.

18 hours ago, Sally said:

I hope you soon recover from your delusion about that useless, tasteless, garish-looking and stomach-turning little nugget of dangerous chemicals.  Your health will only improve.  

His love of candy corn is probably his second-worst trait, surpassed only by his love of pineapple on pizza 🤮

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

how many

Lots!  At least where I live.  I was a theatre kid and have been to so many, and it’s not something the straight guys stereotypically complain about like going clothes shopping.  XD  My retired former boss has seen Wicked 17 times.

• Like 1

Shit on it, I can't fix it. Definitely not on mobile and I'm never really on my computer so. Ah whatever.

(Not actually shitting on anything here, that's an expression from the sitcom Friday Night Dinner...) 

Peeps I’m not a fan of, but I do like Hawaiian pizza.  I’ve never had pineapple on a different sort of pizza.

• Like 1
Mountain House
3 minutes ago, TheWife11 said:

pineapple on pizza

AHH! I though mentioning peeps was a low...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TheWife11 said:

pineapple on pizza 🤮

Oh I looooove pineapple on pizza...

Mountain House
1 minute ago, Ceebs said:

Oh I looooove pineapple on pizza...

Me too, if you take away the cheese and sauce and meat and crust and stick the pineapple in a cakepan and put a cake on top of it.

If you really need a topping then a little vanilla ice cream.

Mountain House

LOL, I was going to suggest that I could make a fondant out of candy corn for my pineapple upside down cake so I went out to find out what is in candy corn.

It's made of fondant.

I always wonder if people who hate it (and otherwise like pineapple, I mean) do not like mixing sweet and savory in general.

Mountain House
2 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

I always wonder if people who hate it (and otherwise like pineapple, I mean) do not like mixing sweet and savory in general.

It's imbalanced. I love Thai food in part because the salty - sweet - sour - umami is very balanced.

You can make pineapple on pizza edible by putting spicey on it so best go with pineapple and pepperoni NOT pineapple and honey ham - er - Canadian bacon.