Asexual Flag Thread

standup

Yeah, sorry haha. There are a lot. I have them all saved and categorized on my computer though, don't worry. :)

Yeah, sorry haha. There are a lot. I have them all saved and categorized on my computer though, don't worry. :)

Ok good. :) And don't apologize, it's awesome that you started this thread, and I really hope this ends in a flag we will actually use.

The more people that vote and decide it, the more validity it'll have. So... the vote should easy to find, easy to pot and so on or.... something. I've never been good at that sort for thing.

aflag22.png

I think the stripes are really great. I'm so inspired by this thread that I want to knit a sweater or scarf with these colors composing it.

The more people that vote and decide it, the more validity it'll have. So... the vote should easy to find, easy to pot and so on or.... something. I've never been good at that sort for thing.

Yeah, the idea behind this is that you can make a poll in one thread with a bunch of different sub-categories and stuff. I'll try my best to make it simple and easy. :) And once the poll is started I'll let it sit for a while, just to make sure there's enough votes and everyone gets a chance, etc etc.

To the person who asked earlier if the admin and "important people" have been notified - I have no idea how but it might be a good idea if someone does! Especially once a flag is picked out, so it can be put into the store and stuff.

I'm glad this is inspiring to people. :D

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Might I inquire as to how one posts an image? I made a couple of flag designs...

To post an image, have the URL handy (upload to Photobucket or TinyPic or something) and use the tags.

[img=http://www.example.com/genericpic.jpg]

If we're still allowed to submit ideas, I was thinking something like this, but cleaned up properly, considering I made it on MS Paint. And since I know some people were averse to large amounts of purple, the colours could be moved around, etc. Anyway.

And yes, I know it's kind of similar to the flag of Trinidad and Tobago, but it faces the other direction, and the colours are different, so maybe no one would really notice. I just liked the idea of diagonals.

flagn.jpg

I like using ImageShack to upload files but that's me. :P And yup, you guys can submit as many you want until about noon tomorrow!

I think you probably just find one (aren't there lists of who the mods in certain parts of the forum are?) and send them a PM or something. And I know you can have multiple questions in a poll I was thinking more along the lines of making sure plenty of people are aware of it and thus answer it in some time span less than five months lol. The mods may be able to help with that, actually.

And I wish I could be more constructive but my eyes are forcing me to bed, probably cause it's 4am.

I think we should wait before going to poll because designs are still coming in. People are still trying to be creative. It reminds me of my old drama teacher who told us, when we were trying to write plays, to take our first few ideas and throw them out of the window. Basically, it might be a case of us sifting through a lot of coal to find a golden nugget. While the ones so far are all very well, if we went to poll too early, we might miss a right corker that everyone might have otherwise agreed on.

Typical Power

If we're still allowed to submit ideas, I was thinking something like this, but cleaned up properly, considering I made it on MS Paint. And since I know some people were averse to large amounts of purple, the colours could be moved around, etc. Anyway.

And yes, I know it's kind of similar to the flag of Trinidad and Tobago, but it faces the other direction, and the colours are different, so maybe no one would really notice. I just liked the idea of diagonals.

flagn.jpg

I LIKE IT. :cake:

We should have a "multiple choice" voting session, and then drain it down from there, as opposed to a "Only one vote" deal.

Multiple choice sounds like a good idea. I'll try to work with that.

And yeah, Acer, you do have a point. Should I wait until tomorrow? Saturday? Sunday? I don't want to wait too long or the interest may begin to fade.

Multiple choice sounds like a good idea. I'll try to work with that.

And yeah, Acer, you do have a point. Should I wait until tomorrow? Saturday? Sunday? I don't want to wait too long or the interest may begin to fade.

Yeah, we don't want interest to fade.

I'd say Saturday is good, maybe Sunday at the latest?

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Awww, AVEN isn't letting me upload gifs, pngs or jpgs from PhotoBucket. What the hell??

...help?

flagn.jpg

me too!

Some more ideas:

avenflag2.jpg

avenflag1.jpg

asexual cake

flagn.jpg

me too!

Thirded.

flagn.jpg

Could we switch the white and grey? I think it looks better. If we're going for black, white and grey to represent the spectrum of sexuality, then it's white-grey-black and not grey-white-black. Yes, I'm being picky.

flagstripe.jpg

Nalle Neversure

I have posted on the admods' side of AVEN to inform the important poeple (;)) on this. I'd recommend not making the poll just yet (at least not before Sunday). Also, moved the thread to Visibility and Education Prejects forum.

Keep designing (and discussing), everyone. :D :cake: :D

-Nalle, Q&A Mod

So on the black-grey-white spectrum which is supposed to represent asexuality, the black or white (or either?)?

The black, although I don't think it's that important for the flag.

So on the black-grey-white spectrum which is supposed to represent asexuality, the black or white (or either?)?

Black - Asexuality, going with the light rather than pigment model here black is the absence of all light and in us the absence of sexuality (well, sexual attraction) and thus asexuality.

Grey - The demisexuals and grey-aces.

White - In this context it's the sexuals, our allies, friends and so on I suppose. Though in light it's also all colours coming together so it's a neat lil way of us all coming together but that's mostly it's the sexuals.

Purple - The asexual community, all of us. Not just AVEN though that's where the purple originated but it's spread out outside of AVEN.

This was basically hashed out on the thread that lead to this here but I've seen them used like that well before that thread. I mean, there's a reason the ace ring is black.

Guest fridayoak

Ah thanks RaZ and Brisket87 (I should have worked it out with regards the black ring).

Luckily I own a lot of black t-shirts whilst only one white (my beloved Spurs shirt).

Black - Asexuality, going with the light rather than pigment model here black is the absence of all light and in us the absence of sexuality (well, sexual attraction) and thus asexuality.

Grey - The demisexuals and grey-aces.

White - In this context it's the sexuals, our allies, friends and so on I suppose. Though in light it's also all colours coming together so it's a neat lil way of us all coming together but that's mostly it's the sexuals.

Purple - The asexual community, all of us. Not just AVEN though that's where the purple originated but it's spread out outside of AVEN.

The white part of the triangle is the sexual part, with heterosexual on one end and homosexual on the other and the whole spectrum of highly sexual things somewhere on that line.

Yup, I know about the triangle and the Kinsey scale on the top edge. I've explained it to people a few times. And that's one of the reasons it's white for sexuality black for asexuality but... I won't babble on, the talk about the colours have been all through this topic and the topic I linked to.

Archived