Asexual Flag Thread

standup

What about something like this:

aflag.png

It keeps the same sort of dynamic as the cross flag, without the confederate connotations, and it has the stripes too. (I don't think my rendition of it is that great, though.)

I like this one a lot.

Y'know, I'm really not a fan of of the diagonal lines thing. Well, outside of the British flag and one or two others. A singular diagonal (or one imbedded in another going in the exact same place that act more as a boarder to the original) always looks.... out of place. Like there's something missing.

I'm not really one for the diagonals either--my preference is for plain bars in purple, black, white, and grey, with the purple adjacent to white--but I do like that flag Larceny put up.

• 9 months later...
Angry_Spade

I feel like we should avoid horizontal bars.

It's very LGBT... and many asexuals do not want Asexuals to be part of the LGBT.

I like the bars, and precisely for this reason. Regardless of prevailing opinion regarding whether asexuality should be included in LGBTQetc., it does make some modicum of sense to link some of our symbols since we are an "alternative" sexual identity. Like, that wikimedia page has the flags for polyamory and BDSM, neither of which are "officially" a part of LGBT, but both of which are deviations from the "default" sexual identity being a monogamous hetero one.

...I'm not sure I'm making sense.

I have to agree with Chararity on the flag with four horizontal stripes. We want to be included as part of the alternative sexual orientation community right? Also, it would be best to keep it simple, not to overcomplicate things. We don't want to be wrapped up in too many symbols. Let's leave further symbolism that to the variants in our own community, such as romantic asexuals being Aces of Hearts and aromantic asexuals being Aces of Spades. Hopefully we won't start fighting amongst ourselves, romantics vs. aromantics.

Angry_spade, this is an old thread. The flag was chosen ages ago. It has the four horizontal stripes with black at the top, grey, white then purple at the bottom.

Angry_Spade

Hehe, sorry. n_n;;; I really need to pay better attention to the dates on these things.

• 8 months later...

Archived