ENDLESS SEARCH...HELP!!!!

PearBeBeautiful

PearBeBeautiful

...I'm looking for some great advice, a miracle, or some encouragement at best. I recently discoved this site and I'm finally able to have some sort of a name for how I feel. Not only that, but I find that I'm not the only one.

Unfortunately though, other than when I'm here perusing the endless posts of other A's, I feel alienated from the rest of the world. I've told two people how I feel, one offered that I might change my mind if I was ever given the opportunity to have sex. The other was more willing to listen and even went so far as to say he understood...other than that, my sexuality (or lack of) is still pretty much in the dark.

I guess what I'm in search of is other people whom I can build relationships with that feel the same way I do. I'm not a very social person (I don't like to hang out at clubs, bars, etc.) but I long for some remnant of companionship. I've tried looking for other means-partiicularly at personals, but they're all sexually related. I don't want a "lover" just a friend....too many sites I've found all suggest sexual relationships. I'd be apt to befriend either genders. However, I find it especially frusterating because no matter where I look, whether it be at heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual boards/posts, I can't find what I'm looking for...I'm not any of these things because I have no sexual interest at all!!!(Sorry, had to get that out...)

Do you know of other places to meet new people (particularly other Asexuals)? Any suggestions/advice would be helpful. Feel free to share your own experiences.

If you run a thorough websearch there are a number of asexual "meetup groups", and some of the less antisocial board members may be willing to meet with you :)

I think you may be going about it the wrong way. Other than asexual personals (which are worth a try), any kind of meet-up agency will involve sex. Instead, a social group where the main focus is a shared interest may be best. This can be anything from a club of sorts, an activism group(if you have a cause) or even something bizzarre like a cuddle party. Even if you don't find any long-lasting friendships in these avenues, you'll at least find a hobby or something of interest.

Archived