Symbols of Asexuality

The A Life Team

43 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite Asexual symbols?

• Ace
    • Shaded triangle
    • Black ring
    • They all suck!
    • Other (zombies optional)

I like the black ring, because it is easy to see, and the ace. I don't wear the ring or have any ace-stuff, but if I were to pick out a person, that would help. I don't like the shaded in triangle, because, well, it's boring... Zombies are pretty epic, though.

I like the idea of the Ace of spades/hearts being the overall symbol for asexuality. But I like the idea of the shaded triangle being that also. Then again the idea of the shaded triangle being AVEN's symbol specifically is pretty cool too...I like the black ring as merely being a physical symbol on a person like a marriage ring to show that they are asexual.

earlymorningechoes

The ace is definitely my favourite symbol - I have it on my necklace, and people notice it even if they don't know what it means.

• 2 weeks later...

The shaded triangle (I usually draw it as hard black-white instead of a gradient, though) is a very easy-to-replicate and very distinct. It's my preferred 'official' signal. To me, the ace (of spades!) is more of a 'fun' reference to asexuality instead of a distinct symbol. Though I do use the phrase "Aces" to refer to asexuals.

• 2 weeks later...
I do like the :cake: symbol I must admit.I have a :cake: tattoo on my ribs.Maybe I should add a Zombie.He could be dressed in AVEN's colours,a ripped,frayed T-shirt and he could be munching on the :cake:

*ADOPTS CREEPY,CROAKY,STRAINED ZOMBIE VOICE*

"CAAAAKKEEE ARRRRRRRRHHHH"

Yes, the cake! I love the cake!

My favourite is the ace. I've kept an ace of hearts in my wallet for months now to communicate with any fellow asexuals I met, which was zero.

The black ring is nice too though. I've never really liked the shaded triangle, it's insipid and depressing.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally love the flag. ;) I even ordered one (http://www.flagsoftheworldshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36&products_id=8371&zenid=43600b8274debb3a56706878b495567b)! I think having a pride flag is important to a sexual minority group, if you'd like to refer to asexuality as such. Think about it: the rainbow gay pride flag is such a well-known symbol! We ought to have one too. Anyway, I just love it. <3

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived