a visibility day?

faeires2me

At my high school today there are having a day of silence, which is a day to support Gay/ Lesbian right and the fact the sometimes they are forced to stay silent. It is a volenter (spelling?) based thing where people take a vow of silence for a day. I was thinking that maybe we could do something like that. Not silence, because we don't have to be silent, and the silence is hard because you can't educate the misinformed people while you are silent, but soemthing like that. You might be able to get GLESN or another group like that to support it. This might not work because we are so far apart. I don't know, I was just thinking because of all the sient people (myself included) there are at school today. What do you guys think?

I know that there have been alot of critiques about the "day of silence" (as opposed to, say, a day of shouting your head off.) I've been debating trying to get in touch with queer/gay rights groups, and GLSEN's one of them, but right now I don't know if we really have anything for them to do. I don't think we're quite to the level of requesting a "day," maybe if someone could get ahold of some GLSEN publications (I know that they do alot of work with highschool GSAs) we could find a place where they could include some blurb about asexuality...

We could play computer games all day on asexuality day!

But then I suppose I'd be celebrating it all year long o_O

(cheers madly and jumps up and down) WOULD PLAYSTATION COUNT FOR THIS?!!! :D lol

my earlier offer concerning warcraft III still stands if anyone has a copy....

Archived