Hot Pieces of Ace - Topics and Questions

Guest member31022

sure! you can post here if you like GardenMeLost, what topic did you have in mind?

Right then, it's Thursday! Time to start figuring out what the next topic is so the people who start at the beginning of the week can get themselves mentally prepared!

So here are some topics posted on Facebook for those of you that don't regularly check Facebook (mostly paraphrased):

"Asexual lifestyle=?"

"What do we do besides the not-having-sex thing?"

"Understanding the various types of asexual identities (demi, gray-a, etc.)"

"Asexual annoyances (so things that piss us off)"

"Asexuality in the media"

"Asexual puns"

"What we like about being Ace"

"What Asexuals have to think about that Sexuals don't" (our perceptions on this topic, I guess)

"Prevalence of sexuality in advertising"

"Mental and Emotional illness issues with in the community and how we and others must learn to understand and expect that there are those with in our community that have them."

Since a lot of these ARE paraphrased, you might want to check at the facebook link just for a bit to see where the original questions are coming from here->http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=116031568420155&topic=46

I kind of want to talk about sexuality in advertising since that whole Rush Limbaugh Comparing Homosexuality to Al Quaida thing blew up last week (woohoo staying current!).

Suggestion/Request:

+ A topic on meet-ups. If you've been to any, enjoyed?, any favourite type?, big or small?, if you haven't been to any: do you want to? Why? Do you feel as though they're a good thing?, etc.

I'm game for Sexuality in Advertising too, now if you'll excuse me I need to google what Rush Limbaugh said :wacko:

Bad Patient
I kind of want to talk about sexuality in advertising since that whole Rush Limbaugh Comparing Homosexuality to Al Quaida thing blew up last week (woohoo staying current!).

That would be a great topic... Although I probably ought to avoid talking about what Rush Limbaugh Bill O'Reilly said in my video, as it would definitely make me break out in rant ;)

Sorry, I meant Bill O'Reiley. I always manage to get those two guys confused. Gah.

ThePieMaker

So sexuality in advertising is next weeks topic? I think I'll actually have to do some research for this one.

Also, is EGD going to be able to switch places with anyone? If Tuesdays work for hir, I could switch.

GardenMeLost

After Jenni's latest video, I think it would be really interesting to have a couple (one to three?) of allies (sexuals) comment on each week's topic from their perspective. I don't know if we have any active members who would be willing to do this though (or if anyone else would be interested in this).

Guest member31022

After Jenni's latest video, I think it would be really interesting to have a couple (one to three?) of allies (sexuals) comment on each week's topic from their perspective. I don't know if we have any active members who would be willing to do this though (or if anyone else would be interested in this).

If people like this, I have a decent amount of friends who would be up for it (as you may have noticed, my lovely guest Jonny does so like attention).

After watching Vlad's video I have a topic suggestion!

It was kind of touched upon in Vlad's vid (well as in the phrase was mentioned): the difference between romance and friendship.

Provided this isn't too close to the Relationships topic I would be really interested in vlogs on this subject. It seems Sexuals (well, even some Asexuals) have trouble understanding the fact Asexuals can feel love without feeling sexual attraction. I'm in a relationship myself with another Avenite and my mother asked me "doesn't that just make you friends" when I explained to her that we were both Ase.

So, yeah, that's my topic suggestion: The difference between romantic love and friendship.

Gotta say, i'm loving the videos you guys put out, you're doing the Ase community so much good by doing this, thank you so much :)

Kinda wish I had put myself forward, maybe if there's another opportunity

:cake:

After this week's topic of "relationships"... I was thinking of one focused specifically on Friendships. (I think some of us put friendships in this last category, but I think they deserve their own focus admittedly with how more importance/value a good portion of us (aces) give to them). :redface:

Also, is EGD going to be able to switch places with anyone? If Tuesdays work for hir, I could switch.

Ally and I spoke and discussed some of my scheduling conflicts... this might help... because it could give me Monday to work on it between shifts and post it on Tuesday... Tho... admittedly, it's still a bit tight for me. :redface:

I was wondering tho... if we currently have people Monday thru Saturday... could we switch it to maybe Tuesday thru Sunday?

There is a cool restaurant in my area that is closed on MOndays... just because they know Mondays are laaame. *laughs*

However, crap, I know some peopel really look forward to watching these after a work day...

Um... is htere anyway I could switch to Sunday? *just throws this out if no one in the latter part of the week is available to switch* :cake:

Guest ABANDONED ACCOUNT

You'll have to find a new person for Tuesday.

I just can't submit videos, and yes, It's directly related to the previous drama that I went through.

My previous two videos will most likely be deleted.

ThePieMaker

Haha... um... we appear to be down a vlogger/creator of this whole thing. Okay. Cool. Now what do we do?

Well...shuffle Cat over to tuesdays to start I guess...if that works for her?

Did we have spares?

ThePieMaker

We don't actually have any spares as far as I know. But this means I can stay Tuesday and EGD can move in with me ( ;) ). I don't think it's a huge deal if we don't fill the spot right away but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks we should do.

GardenMeLost

I think you guys can handle a week or two without someone until something is figured out.

Suggestions:

1) I don't know if a consensus was ever made about adding a sexual/ally to the vloggers (that I had suggested recently), but he/she could fill the spot.

2) Also, swankivy had pointed out that she would make a better substitute, so you could always tap into her resources for the next week or two.

So as I understand the current situation, we're down one vlogger on Tuesday, but EGD was having trouble with Mondays so might take that spot, leaving one person on Mondays--is that right?

for the time being I think that's how we're going to handle it

:D You get mondays all to yourself!

You'll have to find a new person for Tuesday.

I just can't submit videos, and yes, It's directly related to the previous drama that I went through.

My previous two videos will most likely be deleted.

This is Rawr isn't it?

I hope things turn out okay for you. :cake:

Has it yet been determined what this week's topic is?

Hey Cale,

I think it is sexuality in advertising...

okay... I am open to Swank Ivy coming in... but then also thsi was sort of what I meant by this post from earlier...

I don't mean to be unpopular, but while I was on the PT... we had a lot of this/commitment type issues going on... and I was just thinking maybe we ought to be prepared... and somewhat flexible to seeing how things panned out with this being so new.

Um... so are our choices maybe to bring on the next person who had the most votes? Or should we advertise the vacancy and let newcomers as well audition for the spot? I see Ninny further up wishing she had auditioned for this. And other people who arrived later mentioning this as well.

What do other people think?

auditions would be cool, I know a few people who wanted to audition first round but didn't find out until voting was over :/

ThePieMaker

I don't think we need anyone to fill it yet. Maybe wait and see who this works out for and who it doesn't work out for. I don't want to see anyone else drop because I love the team of vloggers, but it could happen. So wait awhile, see how all of this works for everyone and then if we're pretty stable, hold auditions for a new member.

Possible topic: a) Are you out to family and friends? b) What're the easiest ways to come out? c) Is it necessary to come out? d) etc

This is the topic I would suggest for next week, as it's been on my mind lately. More specifically : Who should you and who shouldn't you come out to? and Is coming out and telling people an important part of being comfortable about being asexual.

auditions would be cool, I know a few people who wanted to audition first round but didn't find out until voting was over :/

I discovered HPoA a few days ago, would love to be a part of it.

PS : I love the vids, they're awesome!

With 12 different vloggers, I think it's no surprise if it turns out at least one of them can't keep the commitment for whatever reason. I think it would be okay to cut down the number of vloggers (since 10 was the original plan anyway) but I don't think you will ever have to, because there are an abundance of other great people to take over. Who was next on the list? Swankivy and sciatrix, right?

Actually, I really like the idea of a slowly rotating list of vloggers. Maybe every few months we could designate a special date when vloggers can gracefully step down if they so choose, and then hold elections for the new spots. Or, if we want some real meritocracy going, we could require that all vloggers be reelected or replaced every few months. On the other hand, elections in themselves require some effort (watching all those auditions, planning way ahead, much hand-wringing over whether a democracy will really choose a representative list of vloggers), so maybe you don't want to do it too often.

Actually, I really like the idea of a slowly rotating list of vloggers. Maybe every few months we could designate a special date when vloggers can gracefully step down if they so choose, and then hold elections for the new spots. Or, if we want some real meritocracy going, we could require that all vloggers be reelected or replaced every few months. On the other hand, elections in themselves require some effort (watching all those auditions, planning way ahead, much hand-wringing over whether a democracy will really choose a representative list of vloggers), so maybe you don't want to do it too often.

Perhaps you could have extra special 'vloggers' for extra-special topics. Just as a one off or a couple or something. Perhaps they have more knowledge in one area compared to the general community or something along that idea. So it could give somebody a break if they can't do that week and we might not even have to vote for them. If they did a research topic (merely an example) it would be them. If there was more than one choice then the next person to apply could do it next time.

P is for...

Perhaps you could have extra special 'vloggers' for extra-special topics. Just as a one off or a couple or something. Perhaps they have more knowledge in one area compared to the general community or something along that idea. So it could give somebody a break if they can't do that week and we might not even have to vote for them. If they did a research topic (merely an example) it would be them. If there was more than one choice then the next person to apply could do it next time.

i absolutely support either one or both of these ideas. i know there are plenty of people--myself included--who would have liked to audition but were unable to for any number of reasons. it's still something i'd very much like to be involved with at some point, perhaps in the fall, and whether there's a consensus to have a rotating list or to have Special Guest Vloggers, i think it would be a great idea to have a couple of spots open up a few times a year, maybe on a quarterly basis. people's schedules change for all sorts of reasons, and just as there will surely be people who have to drop out for one reason or another, there will surely be others whose calendars open up. i give the suggestion/s my very enthusiastic endorsement.

ThePieMaker

I don't have a problem with a rotating cast so long as it comes naturally. I really don't think it would be fair for anyone to be forced/encouraged to step down from their spot because we're all there for a reason. We were chosen in part by the community and the whole idea of a collab channel is usually a group of people who are around for awhile and you get to know. Obviously if someone can't do it anymore, then it'd be cool to have a spot open up for someone who has time/enthusiasm for it, but like... encouraging people to step down doesn't bode well with me. I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone in the cast people sort of asked to step down because someone wants their spot.

However, I am in absolute full support of the idea of guest vloggers. I think maybe we should get together a list of people interested in guest vlogging and when one of us knows we can't make a video in a given week or we'd like to see someone else make a video for it, then we can go to the list and ask in advance if someone who showed interest would like to vlog in that spot.

I don't think anyone would be forcing the vloggers to step down, it seems that there's more of an interest now than when it started and more people want to get involved. It just seems a bit unfair that some people are "too late" and that there's now a set group of vloggers in place. I like the ideas of guest vloggers a lot rather than a slow rotation of vloggers.

There are 12 people on it right now running at 2 videos a day Monday to Saturday, right? Maybe we could have others doing their own videos during that time and the best guest ones would be put up on the Sunday. That would give some people a chance to get their shot at a video without disrupting the "schedule" that's in place, no?

Archived