Hot Pieces of Ace - Topics and Questions

Guest member31022

Guest member31022

So the channel is finally on it's way to being set up. For those of you who haven't been looking at the proposal thread, we have:

Monday: Category and kazukorin49 (egd and kakkobean)

Tuesday: GoAllyGoGo and BlueCerinthe (GoAllyGoGo and Vlad Draculea)

Wednesday: Otherness and AimsaysHmm (badpatient and Fix)

Thursday: CaleCaesar and Irinakettles (CaleCaesar and ? I'm not sure of her AVEN name)

Friday: AereAce and Beyondweird13 (Aere and beyondweird (me!))

Saturday: Merrymer and itsrawrdom (Southpaw and rumbleRAWR)

The channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/hotpiecesoface

The twitter is here: http://www.twitter.com/hotpiecesoface

The facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hot-Pieces-of-Ace/116031568420155?ref=ts

And on the facebook we have a discussion board for topics. I think week one will be introductions mainly, but after that...

Suggested ideas so far are (spoilered for long!)

Discussing awkward asexual moments? That is, not just saying "this happened and it was awkward", but kind of explain why it was awkward and what it could mean...kind of thing?

To what degree are we bothered by sex in the media? In what context do we find discussing sexual themes/ideas/images palatable?

Where asexuality fits in the LGBTQ spectrum. Does it fit?

Intersectionality - how asexuality affects/is affects by other factors.

Asexuality in media.

Asexual reactions - how people act and respond to the idea.

Things asexuals have to think about that sexuals don't.

The prevalence of sexuality in advertising.

Good parts about being ace!

How they got to understand they were asexual?

Do you believe in a Ace (asexual) lifestyle? Do you find that like other sexuality group (Gay lifestyle being on example) that there are certain things that make up an asexual lifestyle or is it that we live separate life styles and just happen to have certain things incommon with one another.

Asexual Health. How does one go about having a balance life as an asexual when the world around it in one form or another might raise issue.

Asexual Health part 2 - Mental and Emotional illness issues with in the community and how we and others must learn to understand and expect that there are those with in our community that have them.

Asexual Identity - Understanding the different types of Asexuality (Demi, Gray and so on)

Ace and Labels - you could have a series of these, ace perspectives on different labels.

Ace-specific words.

Asexual annoyances.

Asexual extras (what do we do rather than sex?)

-- Asexual puns. (because with a name like "Hot Pieces of Ace," it's hard not to pun. :D )

Maybe also, misconceptions people have about asexuality?

So do please add to this list, or ask us any interesting questions you have!

Guest fridayoak

I don't want to appear rude, but can you add a relationships topic to the list (primarily asexual/sexual and all that entails but I guess ace-to-ace as well). I did ask awhile back but I haven't put it on facebook. I think it's quite a big issue from looking around aven. Cheers.

ThePieMaker

I propose that for the first round of videos, we do like an intro sort of thing. Introduce ourselves to the viewers and talk about our individual definitions and brands of asexuality (basically what our asexuality is to us).

I propose that for the first round of videos, we do like an intro sort of thing. Introduce ourselves to the viewers and talk about our individual definitions and brands of asexuality (basically what our asexuality is to us).

That's what I was thinking the first topic was going to be? Unless I've missed something.

ThePieMaker

Okay, so we should shoot for the first round starting a week from today. Also, has anyone been able to get ahold of Irinakettles yet?

Well, Cale sent her a msg...

I'm still looking for a decent pic of me... xD

Okay, so we should shoot for the first round starting a week from today. Also, has anyone been able to get ahold of Irinakettles yet?

A week from today? Oh, thank goodness--I thought today was when we were starting, so I have several clips I'm syncing together. I suppose this means I will be ready!

Guest member31022

She's messaged me on youtube, so I've asked if she's got an AVEN name and given her my email, so I'm just waiting on a reply :)

GardenMeLost

Possible topic: a) Are you out to family and friends? b) What're the easiest ways to come out? c) Is it necessary to come out? d) etc

we should get an emailing list going for the vloggers, its getting hard to follow all of these different threads :)

Vlad Drăculea

Okay. :) Actually, I'm a bit relieved because this gives me time to ask: is there someone whose vlog is on any other day than Tuesday or Wednesday, who would switch with me? It turns out that I'm busy all day Monday with day-time commitments that I can't move, and I'm busy on Tuesday's till at least 1:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (which is 4:00pm EDT and 8:00 p.m. GMT/9:00pm in the UK and 10:00 p.m. on the Continent, not to mention Wednesday morning in Asia and Australia!). The reason I can't just record it on Monday evenings and upload it then is that, because of health problems, I just wouldn't have the energy to do it after a full day of activity. Also, since my face is so pale (from Albinism), it ends up being very overexposed when I try to film myself at night (my Mac's webcam sux, and so does its software: I can't adjust it's settings like on a regular camera :(), so I look, at best, like Ed Wood's idea of a ghost.

Also, I've PM-ed and posted two comments on Irinakettles's (one in English, and the second a Romanian translation of the first), but she didn't respond, other than to subscribe to HotPiecesofAce. In my comments, I told her to contact either Beyondweird13 or GoAllyGoGo, so both of you might want to look at your YouTube PM inbox to see if she has sent you a message with her e-mail address. If any of you want to try and communicate with her by making comments on her video, I'd be happy to translate them into Romanian for you, in case there is a language barrier issue. I think this is more of a case of her not knowing how to use YouTube's PM system, and not having checked it to see that she has messages.

Lastly, the only e-mail addresses besides Irina's that I don't yet have are RumbleRAWR's and egd's. I send RumbleRAWR a PM with mine, but I don't think she has logged on since Wednesday. But I couldn't write to egd, since her AVEN PM folder is full. Aurgh! So I sent her a YouTube PM, to which she still hasn't responded. So egd, if you read this, please check your YouTube inbox and PM me your e-mail address. Thanks! :)

we should get an emailing list going for the vloggers, its getting hard to follow all of these different threads :)

Some of us have exchanged email/contact information already, but I feel that's not exactly what you were looking for. *doesn't know how to get email updates on thread updates, either*

Are you by any chance following the facebook page? If not, I think there's a twitter account set up, but I'd have to double check

Guest member31022

Oooh, sorry to appear confusing and maybe rude, but if we're going to be discussing email/contact/just the vlog people things, could we shift into the "Proposal..." Thread or something for now? I was hoping this one would be more for people who aren't the vloggers to ask questions, and I wouldn't like it to get confusing!

(And yeah, Vlad - irinakettles did get in touch, thanks!)

Kakkobean: I may have to break down and get a facebook account :blink:

Beyondweird:

hahah never rude, just enthusiastic I guess :D

If we nail anything down for sure it's probably a good idea to mass email the vloggers so we have some consistency as far as format, tags, topic, start dates etc go lol, you know, the really important stuff!

CaleCaesar

So just to make sure before I go ahead and start doing anything, the first topic is "what our asexuality means to us," yes?

Yep.

"Topic - "Introduce ourselves to the viewers and talk about our individual definitions and brands of asexuality (basically what our asexuality is to us)."

It was mentioned in the mail (guess you weren't included in the mailing list for that one, but I do think you got a whole chain of em in a RE:)

CaleCaesar

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. I did get the emails, but about half of them were in thread form and caused hotmail to warn me that it was a phishing scam (that's right, I know what you people are up to!), and the other half were just individual messages which were probably just CCed to everyone. Anyway, enough about the email, lest beyondweird fly over to Kansas and beat the living shit out of me with her latest hairstyle.

Guest RumbleRAWR

If I'm still listed as Saturday than I don't think I'll be able to post the videos. I'll be able to make them, but it's a no-go for posting. XD

CaleCaesar

If I'm still listed as Saturday than I don't think I'll be able to post the videos. I'll be able to make them, but it's a no-go for posting. XD

If you want, I can trade my Thursday for your Saturday. Or, maybe better, I know Vlad needs someone to do Tuesday, so perhaps you could trade your Saturday for her Tuesday.

Vlad Drăculea

If you want, I can trade my Thursday for your Saturday. Or, maybe better, I know Vlad needs someone to do Tuesday, so perhaps you could trade your Saturday for her Tuesday.

Tuesdays work fine for me. XD

Awesome! :D Thanks a million, Rawrdom! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:!

Guest member31022

So - next week's topic, what shall we have?

Looking at the facebook list, this thread and the youtube comments, it seems the most requested is currently a week about relationships?

It'd be a great time for me to do this topic as it's still term time, and my ex boyfriend, lovely as he is, says he will join me to give a discussion about the difficulties in ace/sexual relationships?

I'm game for relationships, especially if we can get guest hosts on!

ThePieMaker

Relationships is such a broad topic. Could we make it something a bit more specific? That whole thing could be covered by several topics, I imagine.

Guest member31022

Relationships is such a broad topic. Could we make it something a bit more specific? That whole thing could be covered by several topics, I imagine.

The big question people seem to be asking is:

I don't want to appear rude, but can you add a relationships topic to the list (primarily asexual/sexual and all that entails but I guess ace-to-ace as well). I did ask awhile back but I haven't put it on facebook. I think it's quite a big issue from looking around aven. Cheers.

From the youtube: "May I suggest  how aces have dealt with romantic relationships with sexuals"

Now, I know I could do this, but I know that quite a few people on the channel might not be able to, so maybe we could expand it to something like:

"Ace relationships in a world of sexual people"?

Because then people who've dated sexual people could discuss the difficulties of that, people who haven't but have been looking could discuss that, people who haven't at all could discuss problems/pressure and if we have any aromatics, they could discuss what it's like for them?

A broad topic starter on it might be good, and then see if anyone post any specific questions?

I think the broader topic is good because each blogger can talk about what it means to them individually. If they don't have experience they can still talk about what they might want in a relationship if they could get into one or if they're not interested they could discuss what that is like. I know 'not wanting a relationship' throws quite a few people for a loop so any insight would be greatly beneficial to the cause of raising awareness and promoting understanding.

We don't need to give out all the sensitive details of relationships or lack there of if anyone is worried about that. I think it might be easier to simply discuss the separation of romance and sex drives because even that blows peoples minds!

plus, we don't want to put ourselves out of business by covering every single aspect in the first month of posting. I think sticking with broader topics and statements is a good way to get things rolling then people will start asking more refined questions as they hear more from us.

:D :cake:

I think the broader topic is good because each blogger can talk about what it means to them individually. If they don't have experience they can still talk about what they might want in a relationship if they could get into one or if they're not interested they could discuss what that is like. I know 'not wanting a relationship' throws quite a few people for a loop so any insight would be greatly beneficial to the cause of raising awareness and promoting understanding.

We don't need to give out all the sensitive details of relationships or lack there of if anyone is worried about that. I think it might be easier to simply discuss the separation of romance and sex drives because even that blows peoples minds!

I agree with having a broader topic to go from--too specific is alienating to people who haven't had those experiences.

GardenMeLost

Is there going to be some sort of ongoing Pieces of Ace discussion thread? I'd rather discuss the topics or post responses on AVEN than on facebook or youtube.

Archived