A proposal for Hot Pieces of Ace

Vlad Drăculea

Guest member31022

Thread for questions, topic suggestions, whatever... http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=50590

Also: If possible, could I be cheeky and get a picture of everyone who'll be vlogging? When I update the facebook I'd quite like to be able to put a page of photos up, so people know who everyone is?

I think you've now all got my email/facebook, other than egd (it won't let me message you!) and irinakettles who I still can't find on here...

CaleCaesar

I was just wondering - considering we had so many people interested in vlogging - those who didnt make the Hot pieces of Ace collab channel might be interested in vlogging anyway every so often on the vlog topics you guys use as a sort of unofficial "sidekick" kinda thing ??

Just thought considering we had such a good turn out that it might be good to have others still interested in vlogging who didnt get "in" still vlog - it also means we have a pool of people to choose from if one of the regulars ends up unable to vlog long term?

I do like this.

I guess anyone could do a "respond to" any Youtube video, but it might be cool to have some kind of link to "unofficial" videos as well.

And this sounds like a good solution!

we take turns picking off of that bad boy.

... or sounding too... dominatey poo*

dominatrix_2.jpg

:ph34r:

I was just wondering - considering we had so many people interested in vlogging - those who didnt make the Hot pieces of Ace collab channel might be interested in vlogging anyway every so often on the vlog topics you guys use as a sort of unofficial "sidekick" kinda thing ??

Just thought considering we had such a good turn out that it might be good to have others still interested in vlogging who didnt get "in" still vlog - it also means we have a pool of people to choose from if one of the regulars ends up unable to vlog long term?

Hey, there's nothing to stop anyone from vlogging about anything they like! Hot Pieces of Ace is one collab channel, chosen at one particular time by one particular process and will cover its own particular subjects. So if you (or people who auditioned and didn't get in, or didn't know about the auditions, or submitted an audition too late, or didn't want to be in this particular project) want to do your own side project or gather your own group, there's always room for more asexuality videos in this town! Ultimately it's about awareness and community, and while only a dozen or so are going to be part of this one, it's clear there's loads of interest.

I believe YouTube channels can associate with each other in various ways, and I recommend anyone making asexuality awareness videos find ways to connect and promote each other. I certainly plan to hook my channel up to promote this as much as I can. I've been making awareness videos for asexuality for two years already and it's great to have some real live company! Up 'til now there's been the professional TV spots, some Shortland Street episodes, and the occasional asexual who discusses such things marginally as part of a larger personal log or a collab channel on sexuality in general. This is way overdue!

I don't know why I wasn't picked for this lineup despite being voted into in the top half of the polls, but it's true that my voice probably wouldn't have been a particularly fresh addition to this team seeing as how I've already said quite a lot. (And there was some discussion of the benefit of featuring older asexuals, but the truth is, no one ever believes I'm 32 on camera. It doesn't help with projecting a more mature image if people think you're 14.) I'll continue doing what I've been doing all along and hope that Hot Pieces of Ace gives voices to people who wouldn't have otherwise been represented . . . and like I said maybe a week ago, maybe this will start a trend! I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

oh god, Cale.

>.<

Um, okay fine in the dominatey poo topic... I was thinking what Snowy was thinking... does there need to be a limit?

Like what about if people who did get voted thru should realize they dont' have time or dont' click with it... and then someone who would have been able to do it did not get voted in? Natural turnover might just take care of this after awhile. *raises shoulders/'eyebrows* ; )

Tho... in working with the audtioning thing... another idea (which I am open to if others should end up bringing this up once we start reviewing how things are going)... was maybe... we could do like a commitment of a certain period of time?

(And this might also open up opportunities not just for the people who recently just missed the deadline.. but also arrive say 3 months from now...)

I am just saying this is all very new... so maybe we might have turnover in this vlog thing... so maybe we could try shorter commitments if we start seeing long term commitment issues or maybe we might realize we might want to do more focused themes down the road from now... themes for like a month or three.

(Orrrr... we just have auditions at specific times to bring on people to fill vlogging vacancies).

Or even to get more excited here--

there might be more visibility ideas/opportunities to this--like someone brought up the sex/asex mix thing. I don't know how we'd all cover that topic... it doesn't apply to everyone. But I really honestly think that topic is something of high interest to sexuals dating asexuals and vice versa.

We might even be able to ask for specific auditions for like 6 peeps who are engaged in that sort of relationship and would like the opportunity to cover/present sort of 6 subtopics or intersections of their experiences.

*apologizes for unsorted typing here... am on friend's computer and having hard time editing and typing*.. *misses my laptop*

SpirallingSnowy

being asexy and having been in rels only with sexuals - and also as an asexy whos kinda demi/ romanticy to more than just hetero etc etc......* waves hands* Id love to do vlogs on that :)

i guess having the official channel means we have a definate minimum of ppl vlogging.... and perhaps we can have the Asexy Encore??

ThePieMaker

Well, I personally don't see how this channel has to be the end all be all of asexy vlogging. This is just sort of the channel voted in for by the people mostly. I don't think it's going to stop asexy vlogging, in fact I imagine it will encourage more independent asexy vlogging. I think we should wait to see what happens.

And, also, I'm skeptical of doing sort of regular switching up of vloggers. Just because that's not really what a collab channel does necessarily. People continue watching these things because they enjoy the vloggers themselves. It's one thing if a person can't do it anymore, but it's another to be "Oh hey, your time is up!" This isn't me trying desperately to hold onto my spot for all of eternity, but you have to remember that most of us are here because the people liked us and wanted to see us there. Also, we must remember, this is RumbleRAWR's project and I think we need to respect her vision for it and not take it over.

This is just one collab channel. I'm sure there are more than one collab channels for various LGBT causes. Again, it's not going to be the end all be all of asexy vlogging. It will ultimately, I'm sure of it, bring more asexy vlogging into the world outside of the channel itself.

Also: If possible, could I be cheeky and get a picture of everyone who'll be vlogging? When I update the facebook I'd quite like to be able to put a page of photos up, so people know who everyone is?

You can use my facebook profile pic

Here's another proposal :D

Logo:

HotPiecesOfAce2.png

I'm also working on a short intro with After Effects :P

Here's a first go on the intro (don't pay attention to resolution, EDIT: was still processing, res. is fine now :D):

I'm not satisfied w/ the spade at the end though. Maybe I should just let it dissolve like in the beginning. It's simple, but we don't need any explosions or... OOH! Explosions! :D Nah, just kidding. <.<

I'm looking for a 'tune' to go along with the title. Probably gonna pick a standard loop from GarageBand.

Bad Patient

The logo and the intro are both lovely, great job! As for the music, I think the first seconds of Kristin Hersh's "Bliss" could fit — and it's released under a CC licence, so that wouldn't be a problem. http://kristinhersh.cashmusic.org/ (Also, I'm a crazy Kristin Hersh fanboy. Like, seriously crazy about her music.)

I watched the two videos put up today. Good work everyone thus far! Now that it has begun, we cannot stop!

Good work everyone! I watched the 3 videos put up so far.Hopefully this will bring more awareness and help some people. :D

Guest member31022

I've changed the facebook/twitter pics now.

Any chance you could do us a twitter-size background, Aere? (Not sure what size that actually is...)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd take Eddie's post and respond to it over here.

(Since this is where people have done other discussion of non-video relatedness over here... and this isn't really something that would go with topic suggestions.)

So here we go:

I have some feedback:

Hot Pieces of Ace is a godawful name.

So... like of your opinion, right?

;)

Anyways... I am not going to get too riled up.

I kind of don't get the name myself... but then when Ally and I were talking about a blog... I was thinking "Ace Days a Week" sounded good... (like "Eight Days a Week")...

And then she kind of didn't really get that one... so errr. *shrugs/laughs*

*awaits other people's response or interest/disinterest in possible name change*

:cake:

ThePieMaker

It certainly wasn't the most constructive bit of feedback. A little late in the game to go changing it. I like it because I think it shows we don't take ourselves TOO seriously.

I personally love the name :D

Isn't it a take on 'hot piece of ass'?, haha, watch me be horribly wrong and embarrassed now...Well, if it is, it makes me laugh.

All you guys are Hot Pieces of ....Ace ;)

You shouldn't change the name. That would be rather ridiculous.

My opinion on the name is not important but considering to change it after such a short period of time would be flimsy.

Guest fridayoak

I think the name is perfectly ok, aslong as people appreciate the irony of a sexual based pun for an asexual community then it's fine. I don't really like seeing it abbreviated as HPOA though on the top of threads and such, I keeping thinking it's some medical condition discussion or something.

Don't change it now though, that'd be mad.

I don't really like seeing it abbreviated as HPOA though on the top of threads and such, I keeping thinking it's some medical condition discussion or something.

Haha. I just keep thinking of Harry Potter (and the Prisoner of Azkaban, to be precise :rolleyes:)

/geek

Don't name change now - it may be a *tiny* bit cringey, but it's also catchy....which is good. And anyway, a bit of cringe isn't a bad thing. Cringey/funny/whatever it is, people'll react to it. A hell of a lot better than just having 'Asexuality Collaboration Channel' *snore*

It's fine.

I don't really like seeing it abbreviated as HPOA though on the top of threads and such, I keeping thinking it's some medical condition discussion or something.

Haha. I just keep thinking of Harry Potter (and the Prisoner of Azkaban, to be precise :rolleyes:)

/geek

Don't name change now - it may be a *tiny* bit cringey, but it's also catchy....which is good. And anyway, a bit of cringe isn't a bad thing. Cringey/funny/whatever it is, people'll react to it. A hell of a lot better than just having 'Asexuality Collaboration Channel' *snore*

yeah, or

'ASexual Televised Discussions' *laughs/snores*

Which would then be ASTDs... which would then be... Asexual STDs.

P.S. I love that you thought of the Prisoner of Azkaban. Seriously. <3 : )

Archived