Do you ever have like, sexual/romantic dreams? And enjoy them?!

Guest member25959

Guest member25959

I found that I frequently have sex/romantic orientated dreams, and I find that sometimes I find them enjoyable (when I am asleep), but I find it very strange because when I am awake I am totally uninterested, and I look back thinking 'wtf, why did I like that?!'

Idk what this is, I have been told before that when you are dreaming, basically your Brain is high. But is there no escaping sex. I mean wtf¬!

Salt Shaker

I have sexual dreams all the time. 75% of the time in my dream, I'm enjoying it and when I wake up, I just think "Interesting dream" and go about my life like nothing happened.

Typical Power

I've only ever had 2 sexual dreams in my entire life.

One was really a nightmare involving rape.

I didn't enjoy either.

You're not alone. I've had them as well, and yes while sleeping they seem fairly enjoyable. When I wake up though they leave me feeling even more freaked out about sex. I always wake up thinking 'what the heck was that, and where did it come from?' Followed by a strong chorus of "Ew, ew, ew!!" The worst part about them is that while most times it's just nameless, faceless men. Every now and again they're people I know (friends & acquaintances), or people I've heard of (celebrities and the like). The most confusing part of it is that now and then another female is involved. As far as I can tell I have no real gender preference, though I do lean just slightly towards guys. Still, they always leave me feeling totally awkward around people for the next few days.

paperscarecrow

I've had sex dreams and I don't mind them. I think that it is because most of them are not about me but about characters in the dream.

Most I've ever had was kissing someone. even then, it was an experiment.

The only dream I can remember which involved me having sex was really more about pregnancy, I think--something about my being under duress for something or another and paying with a child. It might have made a good sci-fi story, now I think about it. The sex bit was uncomfortable and mildly embarrassing, but not traumatizing.

Of course, I usually forget my dreams soon after waking up, so it's possible I could have had other sex dreams. I'm not sure whether it's likely, though. Generally the recurring theme in my dreams is running from something. There's not much in common between them other than that, but the running is a theme.

FallenAngel

So I finally had a dream where I was actually having sex with penetration a week ago. It was kinda weird... I guess I enjoyed it because in my dream, I dreamed of having sex and I was masturbating in my dream o_o

asexual cake

All of the dreams I can remember that include sex have had me being very anxious, as I was anticipating it and not looking forward to it, or just really, really bored.

Yes, I have sexual/romantic dreams about a certain male friend and yes, i enjoy them.(LOL)

vrazda verlaine

It seems like every time I have sex in dreams, I'm "faking it," if you get my drift. It's not great. It's not terrible, and it's probably better than it is in real life (by that I mean "it doesn't hurt") but yeah, my sex dreams generally involve acting. I don't know WHY I always want to act as if I like it, but for some reason I'm always thinking "this is how I'd be acting if I enthusiastically enjoyed this, right?"

Romantic dreams, on the other hand? Yes please ^_^

I find a lot of things enjoyable in my dreams that I don't enjoy in my waking life. For example, flying. I'm terrified of heights.

I have never once had a sexual dream. However, I can consciously have sexual fantasies, never involving me. For example, characters from the story I'm working on going at it.

The closest I've ever gotten to a romantic dream, would be the recurring dreams I've been having of a possibly-former friend of mine. In the dreams though, the scenario is always very mundane. Us talking, or something.

I have never had sexual dreams, but romantic dreams I've had quite much, and usually enjoy them :) The only thing that makes them less enjoyable is, that usually in my dreams the romantic relationship is threatened somehow - I guess it pictures how it is in real life, almost impossible to find an asexual romantic relationship (not that I would really actively look for one, though... ) :huh: For instance in one dream I had a wonderful friendship-like but also romantic relationship with an other girl, but later on she fell in love with some icky old(ish) man, and left me... :huh: Even more later on I happened to see, when that man was trying to rape her in some closet! (we were both students, and that man was like our substitute-teacher or something, ewwww). I got so mad that I killed that man :evil: And the rest of the dream was about us trying to run away from random people who in their turn tried to kill us :unsure: The dream ended when the girl I loved was bleeding and about to die, but I was carrying her into some weird tower where a mysterious healer lived, and I heard a beautiful song that made me understand that there's still hope... :wacko: That one was a really epic dream :ph34r:

Not really any sexual dreams but if i have them I'm incredibly bored and etc. Romantic dreams, I wish. I only had one, and it was with my ex-boyfriend before we broke up >_>; it was a nice dream, i want more of those. Sadly I get bad dreams very often if I'm dreaming

Sleeping Beauty

I have romantic dreams and sexual nightmares. I don't know but sex is involved almost always when the dream itself is terrible :mellow:

According to the psychological interpretations that go beyond the *sarcasm* "you repressed your childhood sexual instincts and need sex" (sorry to all the possible Freud supporters here but I'd consider him an idiot even if I was the most sexual person on earth :rolleyes: ) it indicates a situation of dissatisfaction and disappointment and this is unfortunately true every time :(

strawberry-fields

I've never had a dream where I was having sex with someone else. But I've had dreams where I'm masturbating :huh: and it was enjoyable. I find it funny, because usually my dreams are very weird and very far from my real life (they're usually not very realistic, just weird/funny), yet it seems like even my wild imagination won't go there in my sleep!

I've never had a sex dream

...in my dream, I'm enjoying it and when I wake up, I just think "Interesting dream" and go about my life like nothing happened.

Same here! Every once in a while I will have a sexy/romantic dream. (Maybe 5% of my dreams will feature this but not only be about that. I'm usually on some sort of bizzare adventure.) They never make me want to do anything in real life though a few time I did wake up and was like :wub: cheery day, for no real reason. Just like waking up on the right side of the bed. And it wasn't really heavy on the sex in my dreams. It kind of glosses over it like a PG-13 movie. Most of the times it seems to happen just to advance the plot of my dream, so is just a little blip on the radar, but the rest of the time the caring and loving (not loving) is what is more important.

I've had only one (kinda), and when I woke up, it creeped me out to no end. I was in a large room (kind of like a room where meetings would be held), and for some reason there was a shower in there (WTH? I have no clue), and I was naked with a man in there..umm...kinda... yeah.

That's the only one I've ever had, and I hope it stays that way.

I've never had a sexual dream. I'm guessing (and hoping) it will stay that way.

I have had romantic dreams, but they only tend to occur if I 'like' someone (a lot) at the time. I had a romantic dream just before waking up this morning, actually...

FallenAngel

I just realized that I only answered one part of the question when I answered before.

I have a lot of romantic dreams, especially when I like a person a lot. Like, I have a lotttt of them. Sometimes a few times a night lol

Okay I'll just summarize and say that I have had one or two and they were just weird. XD Like... well, I was amused when I woke up remembering them. But they don't really count to me because... meh. I didn't enjoy them. It was just... "whut? Okay... xD" They were hardly even believable situations. xP

One that I actually did like involved a guy that I had a crush on. This guy was my very first (and only) legitimate crush. And I had dreamed that he'd given me a short kiss. xO It was surprisingly nice, considering I've never been kissed before in my life.

I woke up and was like, "... D'aw. :B"

Sometimes I am a bit regretful that this would never occur in real life... but... the dream was nice enough that I was satisfied. x3

I also realized it could be thought I had only answered part of it (cause I thought there was just one question).

I have never had an overtly sexual dream and I have never had a romantic dream.

I've had abstract dreams involving all sorts of things that felt in some way sexual, and pleasurable, for as long as I can remember but none involved me actually having sex until just a few weeks ago. That one involved an attractive girl with me but I was still 'faking it' in the dream. How's that for odd?

I've had them, but they freak me out when i wake up. I don't know what my sleeping thoughts are though.

I have only had two, and I would barely call them that because they were not really sex even though that is what my dream self called them, they totally freaked me out. Any they were not even sex really, it was not even like a PG-13, it is more like the camera panned away before we could even kiss.

I have never had a romantic dream though, I really wish I would. The only things I have ever really felt emotional about in almost a romantic level are some songs, I would love to try loving a person in my dream.

I've had them. They're kind of common. Generally they are very disturbing, but earlier tonight while taking a nap I had a semi-concious dream-like sex dream. I don't know if I could call it a dream though, because I was sort of awake and could control what was happening but at the same time I didn't want to be having the dream regardless of how great it was but when I tried stopping the dream it came up again. It was weird

But yes. I have sex dreams and I enjoy them (when they are not horribly disturbing)

Demacrux (emi star...)

I have dreams like that..intense romantic almost but not sexual dreams..but the thing I never really feel weird about it because they always revolve around anime characters... :redface: