New YA Novel With Openly Asexual Character

Sciatrix

I just put in a hold request for that book =) so glad my library has it.

Somehow New Zealand just became even cooler in my estimation. AVEN field trip anyone? ;)

I am in support of this.

Now, to find parental support, both general and financial, for me to organize a trip across the Pacific ocean with a bunch of strangers from the internet... hmm.

Everyone can come and stay with me! You can hide under the bed when Dad walks past my room. :P

*raises hand* I'm in! =P

TO AMAZON!

(My bookshop doesn't stock stuff like that, and Amazon is cheaper. Yeah, I know I should shop local. *hangs head*)

Do you ever try shopping at www.betterworldbooks.com? They kind of count as "local" for everyone, since they fund literacy initiatives around the world, and the prices are good especially on used books.

Lord Dandylion

New Zealand novel. American Gods similarities. Asexual character.

TO THE BOOKSHOP

This. Exactly this.

Although the name might've caught me from the start.

Urban fantasy with an asexual character? I'll certainly look for it next time I hit Borders. I wish my library stocked cool books. :angry:

I just finished reading it a few days ago, I love this book! I might have to buy it! I love Keven (the ace) and the main character is cool too. I also love how it is New Zealand mythology instead of the obvious greek gods or something like that.

READ THIS BOOK!

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I didn't know this book had its own thread! I got it for my birthday this past summer and loved it to death, and that was BEFORE I knew I was ace. I'm a passionate reader of quality YA fantasy--well, what I consider quality, obviously. :blush: Not only has this one got queer characters and an exploration of a cool, underrepresented mythology, but it's got a kick-ass heroine and a very vulnerable hero...who is, at one point, beaten up by the heroine. :D (Sorry, bit of a kinky ace here...I love it when stereotypical gender qualities and relations get reversed, and I'm romantically attracted to physically or emotionally vulnerable guys.) (Unnecessary overshare, but I really enjoyed that scene. :-P)

I just finished reading it a few days ago, I love this book! I might have to buy it! I love Keven (the ace) and the main character is cool too. I also love how it is New Zealand mythology instead of the obvious greek gods or something like that.

READ THIS BOOK!

*New Zealandish mythology

Kiwi, God of the Sheep?

Violet_Loves_Iliona

Urban fantasy with an asexual character? I'll certainly look for it next time I hit Borders. I wish my library stocked cool books. :angry:

Oka-sama, you should ask your library to purchase it (most here in Australia actually welcome purchase requests from their users), and that way it will be available at your library for other people to read after you're finished. :)

READ THIS BOOK!

*New Zealandish mythology

Kiwi, God of the Sheep?

Pffft, NZ isn't all sheep. Taniwhas are way more sacred/scary/awesome.

I want to buy this book XD I read it since my library had a copy, but since it was good and has an asexual character= BUY