Unscrewed and Illuminated Podcasts

*head explodes*

Jic-ragg

Jic-ragg

Jic-ragg

So sorry! :(

You will be.

Sweet, Aussies coming to some meets. *gets knife and fork* Me want meat.

Huh?

You said we could eat... Chris (I think).

KayleeSaeihr

You will be.

Please no beg.gif

Huh?

Oh right, yes. hehe

Quick question about the poll, terminology-wise. By "specific gender," do you mean "male" and "female?" Or do "neutrois," "androgyne," etc. fall under that category, too, by virtue of being specific labels/identities? Would something like "agender" not be a "specific gender," or are the "No" options for people who don't really care/don't see themselves as having a gender identity (which is kind of what "agender" is, I guess, but minus even the label)?

I don't know if you elaborated on this in this episode--haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet. Thought I'd ask anyway, though.

You will be.

Please no beg.gif

Huh?

Oh right, yes. hehe

For starters I'm sure Sophie would be in on doing a few AVEN meets while we're travelling through Europe. The excitement of meeting international AVENites.

And Yeah, feel free to eat me.... I'm sure my arm/ leg/ whatever will grow back.

KayleeSaeihr

Quick question about the poll, terminology-wise. By "specific gender," do you mean "male" and "female?" Or do "neutrois," "androgyne," etc. fall under that category, too, by virtue of being specific labels/identities? Would something like "agender" not be a "specific gender," or are the "No" options for people who don't really care/don't see themselves as having a gender identity (which is kind of what "agender" is, I guess, but minus even the label)?

I don't know if you elaborated on this in this episode--haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet. Thought I'd ask anyway, though.

Gender means any gender. So if you feel that you have a specific gender identity, then a yes answer. If you don't feel you have any sort of specific identity or feel that answering no best describes then do no.

I tried to keep the poll as open as possible.

Gender means any gender. So if you feel that you have a specific gender identity, then a yes answer. If you don't feel you have any sort of specific identity or feel that answering no best describes then do no.

I tried to keep the poll as open as possible.

Cool--that's what I thought, but just checking. It seemed so open-ended, I was wondering if I was reading it wrong. Thanks. :)

I'm going to an international meet in July. So excited!

*munches on Chris' arm*

For the poll, wouldn't it be best to have a questioning/not quite sure bit. It's not a flash of realisation for everybody. It's not that a confused person doesn't identify with a gender but they also don't identify as not having a gender.

*is going to torture KayleeSaeihr but isn't going to tell you how*

SphereFTW

:cake:

Yes I absolutely would like to meet some international Avenites. I will post the cities we will visit closer to.

KayleeSaeihr

For the poll, wouldn't it be best to have a questioning/not quite sure bit. It's not a flash of realisation for everybody. It's not that a confused person doesn't identify with a gender but they also don't identify as not having a gender.

Ok, added a "not sure" option.

*is going to torture KayleeSaeihr but isn't going to tell you how*

:o :(

I'm glad you guys discussed this because it is one that interests me greatly.

I guess for me, likewise, whilst I am also female, that fact doesn't influence me alot in terms of my personality or who I am. My interests don't have any correlation to my gender , and I also happen to think that there any many aspects related to gender, and what is considered feminine and masculine are in fact socially constructed, . Even the notion of pink and blue being gender specific. I have heard that it wasn't long ago that blue was in fact associated with femininity , whilst pink used to be considered masculine due to it's association with blood? I wonder if anyone else has heard this

An interesting question, though, is should we be aware of our gender, should it be important, lest our interactions be misconstrued as flirting or sexual interest, etc, or does society itself need a large overhaul? (I lean on the latter on that one XD)

KayleeSaeihr

Gender is a complicated issue. However if it's not an issue in your life, then I don't think you need to be aware or consider it to be important.

But yeah society could do with an overall.

I keep meaning to listen to this then keep forgetting

CowsRSkary

Could you put a link to the test you guys took. I'm interested in taking it myself.

Loved the discussion, and I was laughing at the end. The bananas.... XD

.... I really need to take notes on what goes through my head during these if I want to say what I wanted to. I can't remember...

That was hilarious to listen to. :lol: I'm definitely going to have to keep up with these.

I really liked the discussion you had about gender; the idea that being asexual makes gender an unimportant thing is exactly how I feel. I'm having trouble with the poll though, mainly because being androgynous, I identify with BOTH male and female genders. Part of me identifies with my physical sex while the other part doesn't; technically the first two poll options both work for me.

I just listened to episode one. Wtf? rofl Too random for words :D made me laugh a lot though

KayleeSaeihr

I keep meaning to listen to this then keep forgetting

tsk tsk ;)

I just listened to episode one. Wtf? rofl Too random for words :D made me laugh a lot though

Yay!

Could you put a link to the test you guys took. I'm interested in taking it myself.

http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html

That was hilarious to listen to. :lol: I'm definitely going to have to keep up with these.

I really liked the discussion you had about gender; the idea that being asexual makes gender an unimportant thing is exactly how I feel. I'm having trouble with the poll though, mainly because being androgynous, I identify with BOTH male and female genders. Part of me identifies with my physical sex while the other part doesn't; technically the first two poll options both work for me.

Identifying with both or more than one means you identify with 'a' gender, so you can choose that option. ;)

CowsRSkary

I enjoyed the gender discussion also. I'm still having a tough time telling your voices apart.

You scored 67.5 out of 100 masculine points, 35.833 out of 100 feminine points, and 47.5 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points.

Thank you for the test I find it quite accurate.

I enjoyed the gender discussion also. I'm still having a tough time telling your voices apart.

You scored 67.5 out of 100 masculine points, 35.833 out of 100 feminine points, and 47.5 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points.

haha, don't worry about the voices, I do too!

I got 45 male, 50 female, 50 androgynous (more or less)

I've asked a few sexual people to do the test too for purposes of comparison :)

SphereFTW

..................... <_< I guess it's relevent for a episode on gender that no one can tell Chris and my voices apart.

SphereFTW

Btw: Unscrewed and Illuminated is now on iTunes!!! Search 'unscrewed and illuminated' in the iTunes store to find us. Please review and rate us on iTunes as this will help us increase our audience.

:lol:

I'm still taking that as a compliment that my voice sounds feminine. I get mistaken for a lady by customers when talking on the phone. I've been told by other AVENites I have a somewhat androgynous voice. It's not masculine and not feminine and only when people know I'm a guy they can tell my voice as being somewhat "male" otherwise it's apparently quite hard to pick my sex.

Thanks for the feedback though guys :)

KayleeSaeihr

I'm still having a tough time telling your voices apart.

..................... <_< I guess it's relevent for a episode on gender that no one can tell Chris and my voices apart.

Surely my voice is distinctive? Being all deep and masculine-like :(

Btw: Unscrewed and Illuminated is now on iTunes!!! Search 'unscrewed and illuminated' in the iTunes store to find us. Please review and rate us on iTunes as this will help us increase our audience.

YAY!!

Yes much thanks indeed :D

:lol:

:lol: I find it hilarious you have "Explicit" everywhere. I would not call the pod-casts explicit at all.

And why do you have episode one as episode two and vice versa? Plus, when are you going to add your awesome logo (The lightbulb with the rainbow colors?) woops, nevermind

Anyway, glad you put it on iTunes and I will go and rate it and stuff.

I'm still having a tough time telling your voices apart.

Surely my voice is distinctive? Being all deep and masculine-like :(

YAY!!

Yes much thanks indeed :D

Yes, your masculine voice is very easy to distinguish. ;)

KayleeSaeihr

why do you have episode one as episode two and vice versa?

How do you mean?

Yeah :(

why do you have episode one as episode two and vice versa?

How do you mean?

Yeah :(

Nevermind, I realized the numbers are correct.

lol Ellie

Just listened to podcast 2 and if it's any consolation Saeihr, I thought I heard a girly tinge in your voice every now and then. And a high pitched voice doesn't make a woman, I'm female bodied and I swear in some ways I've got a lower voice than my brother.

KayleeSaeihr

lol Ellie

Just listened to podcast 2 and if it's any consolation Saeihr, I thought I heard a girly tinge in your voice every now and then. And a high pitched voice doesn't make a woman, I'm female bodied and I swear in some ways I've got a lower voice than my brother.

Yeah it's all about resonance and intonation. And I was trying in the podcast. And I'll try again more in the next one and the next one and so forth!

lol Ellie

Yeah it's all about resonance and intonation. And I was trying in the podcast. And I'll try again more in the next one and the next one and so forth!

I have a lowish voice as well that kinda sounds like a guy (in my opinion) even though I'm a girl as well.

Haha Acer. Thanks. :rolleyes: