What is your height...  

1. 1.

• 4'0-4'11, 121.9-149.8
    • 5'0-5'11, 152.4-180.3
    • 6'0-7'0, 183-213.4

This poll is closed to new votes

Chibi- just drawn out your given dimensions :shock: :D

And next - what my axolotl will have for brekkie! Cheers, Islander9

I'm quite normal... but my mate is a over-six-foot teenager and weighs less than seven stone... but he eats a lot..

'round abouts 6ft. *looks down at everyone*

Yeah, I'm not picky about the department I shop in. I end up in alot of men's cloths, especialy pants, shoes and socks! Only a few specialty catologs cary size 13 shoes for women- and they're usually the ugliest ones.

Why is it that men get waist and length inch megerments for their pants, but for women it's random numbers that have no real meaning [18? 18 what?] and a catch all "short, adverage, tall"? And it all varies! Gah! [Talking american sizes all around btw]

As a 5' 1" male, I find myself rather at a disadvantage: not quite short enough to qualify as a dwarf*, but too small to be able to buy men's clothes. Trousers are just about possible if I cut three inches off the legs; for shoes I have to resort to women's sizes (no, not the sort with heels). And when I sing in a choir I always have to put my head on one side, like a hanged man's, in order to see the conductor.

On the other hand, there is some advantage in being able to crawl under my car for repairs without using the jack.

*Or a hobbit. Besides, hobbits are plump, jolly and gregarious, and dislike machinery.

Why is it that men get waist and length inch megerments for their pants, but for women it's random numbers that have no real meaning [18? 18 what?] and a catch all "short, adverage, tall"? And it all varies! Gah! [Talking american sizes all around btw]
No idea, maybe "American Ingenuity". ;)

Not that the waist and length measurements help for me... they start at 32"! I think I could squeeze two of me into the average pair of pants.

(Reminds me of something amusing during high school -- Calvin wore a belt in one day, and I stole it -- I wrapped it twice around myself and buckled it! Nobody else wanted to try, though.)

As a 5' 1" male, I find myself rather at a disadvantage: not quite short enough to qualify as a dwarf*, but too small to be able to buy men's clothes.
I'm a little luckier than you, I guess... but it's a pain to buy clothing in the US. Dunno about Europe, but Asia has a lot more smaller-sized people and clothing, and a lot more (and cheaper) tailors too, so whenever my family goes back it's like *shopping spree!*.
i am just on 6'3, and i always get asked by the vertically challenged to get things off the top shelf for them.
Thanks Zeek! =^_^=

HAH!

British sizings are terrible. I vary from a 14/large in alternative clothing shops (MY kinda place) 14-16/16/16-18 in teenager shops (The only places that make me think of arson) And 18 in Matalan!! Why??? I am no way an 18!

By the way, British sizings are really really bad, not just cos of having to try out 3 pairs of the same jeans but because you are not expected to have an arse. Also I expected to show my bellybutton. Why? I dunno. I find a really nice top, but noooo its five inches too short. And all trousers are hipsters. England wants to punish all non-model females. I'll stick with freaky clothes. They're more fun and can be much more practical... except long skirts and stairs. They dislike each other.

I'm 5', 150 cm. I just discovered if I buy petite flood pants, I look like I'm wearing normal length pants. Even petite is big on me, gah! And I've been used as an arm rest too :lol: . But otherwise, I don't mind being short.

4'11" here. I actually like being very short and small. Since I'm into Ninja Turtles I can buy the pyjamas and shirts in the kid's department... I can wear all the cool TMNT gear.

I don't like asking for assistance when something is up too high; I just climb up and get it myself.

Take care,

Jenn

:twisted:

I started off in life being the shortest in my class. I still needed to sit on phonebooks at the table until I was about 7 or 8, as I recall. Around the 8th grade is when the world started shrinking. I'm about 5'11" now. Comfortable height. At times I miss being short. I was a little bastard when it came to hiding places.

-Doc

• 2 months later...

I'm short! MEH! I hate it... :evil: Stupid kids in the lunchline nearly trample me, and most people in Middle School are taller than I am! And it doesn't help that I'm very claustrophobic when it comes to being in crowds of people, because usually many taller people tend to crowd me in, and it makes me spaz out.

6 foot 2. I use the top of the fridge as shelf space, and occasionally write on it. To work anywhere else in my kitchen I have to either lean over or do the spitz. (-:þ

I'm about 5'3", and I really wish I was smaller.. even if it was just a few inches of height chopped off. My body's a bit out of proportion, so it'd help me out a lot. And I love being mistaken for a younger age. XD I think it says enough that my BMI is 18.1, doesn't it. . ?

I'm 6' 2.5'" when i can be bothered to stand up straight and i have slightly longer limbs then are normal for my height.

Oh are we allowed to vent about other measurements too? OK, cool!

I have very short legs (28" inseam) and a really long torso. This means I have to knock about 4 inches off every pair of pants I own, but I have to buy loose, oversized shirts if I want them to go all the way down to my waist.

And god, you should see me getting in and out of cars. (-:þ

Six Feet.... I have found NY & Company a great place to find tall sized pants that are a good price and fit well. I've just started to make my own shirts though - to get the arm length I want...

hawke

• 3 months later...

I'm 5'6" which is a good height for me. I'm short for my mom's family but tall at my dad's. My dad is 5'3". hee. hee. :shock:

My sister is 5'4". She is only 9. :lol:

5'8" on a tall day :)

I'm shorter than most people I know.

Someone at work actually said I was "a little bloke" the other day :|

I started off in life being the shortest in my class. I still needed to sit on phonebooks at the table until I was about 7 or 8, as I recall...-Doc

Same here! My teenage ambition was to reach the height of my English teacher (5' 1'') I had a huge growth spurt when I was 15 years old and am now 5' 7'' but with appalling posture which makes me look shorter. I've also got simian-length arms which is a real advantage when shelving books.

I’m 6'3,

Bad points : squeezing into cars, bus seats, plane seats, train seats….

Good points: finding your way out of mazes

I’ve got a brother who’s 6’4, a brother in law who’s 6’3, and a sister at 5’11 and we have all been known to squeeze into a little car before. I swear, we must look like we’re escaped circus clowns when we get out…

I'm 5'3.5" That 1/2 inch is very, very important. Sadly, the vast majority of my friends are tall and lovely, so I'm the resident hobbit. I am a hobbit in so many ways...::sigh::

Schala Zeal
Same as Cate in reality, but not a poll option is the ideal height for my weight: 8'4''.

boa

I think the ideal height for my weight is... *grabs calculator* 5' 4".

Hmmm... I need to lose some height.

Probably same here lol.

I'm 5'7" ½ or so...which is a bit taller than my father (who is 5'7"), a lot taller than my mother (who is 5'2") but shorter than my younger brother (who is 5'10")

I'm probably average-tall for a woman and average-short for a man, hmm androgynous height? lol

Your current weight of 108 pounds is below the healthy body weight range of 121 to 160 pounds for your height of 5'7.5"
Your current weight of 108 pounds is within the healthy body weight range of 108 to 145 pounds for your height of 5'4"

Archived