1. 1.

• 4'0-4'11, 121.9-149.8
    • 5'0-5'11, 152.4-180.3
    • 6'0-7'0, 183-213.4

This poll is closed to new votes

5'10". techincally 5'9.75", but 5'10" is close enough

6ft 3

it has an advantage with a disadvantage

I am tall enough to bang my head on a lot of things but with a shaved head, I have no hair to hide the bumps cuts and grazes

5'1" and there are NO advantages whatsoever to being it.

• 3 weeks later...
rebekka1954

Don't know why, but all us girls & my brothers were taller than our parents, ranging from 5'11 to 6'4. I'm 6'0.

• 4 weeks later...
Introspective Dreamer

I am 5'6" tall, which is, from what I can discern, shorter than most males my age. None the less, I like my height.

5'7! (:

• 5 months later...

I'm 6ft, I buy almost all my clothes online - there are several shops for tall women on the 'net ...

I like being tall :D

SherryGentleman

Somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11". There's a big debate among my friends about how tall I am! If I say 5'10" they don't believe me and say I'm taller than that, if I say 5'11" they tell me I'm not that tall (I have one friend who's convinced I'm at least 6'!) Generally I go for just under 6', it allows friends to pick a height they feel is appropriate! :rolleyes:

I like being tall (for a woman), it's useful for seeing over stuff, and people, and generally being different!

Those are pretty big ranges, and I'd think you'd want to know genders.

5'9 female. Well, 5'8 and 3/4, but saying 5'9 is easier and it's generally more standard to round up on one's height than round down.

Being short certainly has its advantages! For one, you're not as likely to bang your head through door ways and what not, you can feel pretty cozy in a low sports car, and it is easier for you to sneak through crowds without being noticed. You can also wear very tall heels without towering over every other human being in the room. If you're ever being shot at, guess what, less target space!

5'2" in my socks ...

I am surprised to see just how many AVENites are under 5'4".

( which reminds me: shameless plug...)

Being short certainly has its advantages! For one, you're not as likely to bang your head through door ways and what not, you can feel pretty cozy in a low sports car, and it is easier for you to sneak through crowds without being noticed. You can also wear very tall heels without towering over every other human being in the room. If you're ever being shot at, guess what, less target space!

Exactly. Not to mention you can stretch out on a two person sofa, without your feet dangling off the edge; you can be sneaky and buy kids clothes, and depending on which country you live in, avoid certain sales tax; and coach, bus, train, and plane seats are actually more comfy when you are ickle (although not always ...).

At 5'11" I consider myself a decent-sized guy. With a near 200-pound reasonably muscular build, I'd say it works for me.

• 1 month later...

i'm around 5'6 - 5'7

in metric im 168 cm,

and im the average height for girls in my country

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Gray Goblin

I'm 5'5" and even though my friends plague me with short jokes ... it ain't so bad!

I hear male b*tches cry for the shot-gun seat because their legs are too long. While I ride in the back seat totally comfortable like a celebrity in a limo.

In all honesty! I think short people have way more personality than tall people! We are just compressed awesomeness!

HHHHUUUUZZZZAAAAHHHH!!!!!

House of Chimeras

I'm 5'4" which is actually somewhat tall for my family.

I'm 6'0 - taller than my parents, shorter than my siblings. I definitely wish I could wear heels without feeling monstrous!

Silent_Silver

I'm 5'1, makes it so difficult to pass as a guy.

What's even more annoying is my eldest brother's 6'4, the other ones 6'1 and even my sisters taller than me at 5'3

5'9 if I slouch, 5'9.5 if I don't. I know this because I came from a family where every time we get together we compaire heights; at this time I'm still the tallest female in the family, though a few of my little cousins could be giving me trouble in the next few years.

gray_imagination

4'10.5"

generally I actually like my height as I hit my head on things infrequently and don't have to duck much. I also got to play on playgrounds and things with those silly height restrictions longer (yes, that's a definite plus). It also works in combination with my face to make everyone assume I'm younger than I am, which is another advantage (because my chronological age makes people assume things...like that I'm an adult). I can swing my feet in a lot of chairs. I fit in small spaces better.

disadvantages are obvious. I can't reach stuff (book shelves are a big thing WHY is the book I am looking for always on the top shelf?). Counters, tables, and chairs often put me at odd angles. Sometimes counters in banks or offices are really inconvenient...and since I'm genderqueer wishing to some day pass as androgynous, the height doesn't help.

Ashtara_Silunar

5'2", and I'm taller than my mother (5'0"!), my paternal grandma, my aunt, and half my cousins. I'm very good at standing on tiptoe to reach tall shelves. The house I grew up in was built by a man that was 6'4", so I've been climbing on counters to reach things since I was a kid.

Archived