Tanasha

What is your height...  

1. 1.

• 4'0-4'11, 121.9-149.8
    • 5'0-5'11, 152.4-180.3
    • 6'0-7'0, 183-213.4

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi,

I was just randomly wondering what range(s) of height we have around here. Also, what advantages/disadvantages does you height bring about?How do you feel about your height in general?

I'm 4'9, (no really!). The disadvantages, not being able to reach stuff constantly, and having to use a step stool. Not good because I'm afraid of heights.

Not being able to drive without extensions. 'Nuff said.

Advantages,...well, I think being able to walk under branches and stuff without hurting my head (almost) makes up for all the bad stuff.

I hope I got the continental to metric conversions right. Please tell me if they aren't. :oops:

Silly Green Monkey

My husband's over six feet, so I sometimes feel short around him. He can see over the dryer, and I can't.

5'9" - too tall for women's "regular" sizes. Makes it hard to buy pants or long-sleeved shirts. I've fallen in love with stores that carry multiple inseam lengths.

Silly Green Monkey

Looking over pattern sizes, I've learned that women's heights end at 5'6". I'm apparently too tall to be a woman.

Looking over pattern sizes, I've learned that women's heights end at 5'6". I'm apparently too tall to be a woman.

lol :lol:

Wonder what that makes us then??

I aspire to the dizzy height of 5'8"

I read somewhere that boys, as a general rule, grow taller than their mothers. Also, that in the mornings we can be up to an inch 'longer' (taller). That's assuming one has been to bed. The body sort of oozes itself into a longer format when we're lying down for a long..stretch. Then it re-hashes itself when we get up and start doing stuff.

So, if one wants to be on the winning side of a basketball team, it might be a good idea to sleep on the pitch the night before, and start the game as soon as you wake up.

Also, if you want to sleep in one of those small cubicles in a japanese hotel, enter it lying down, and you'll be a bit smaller. It's a thought.

Kev

Same as Cate in reality, but not a poll option is the ideal height for my weight: 8'4''.

boa

Same as Cate in reality, but not a poll option is the ideal height for my weight: 8'4''.

boa

I think the ideal height for my weight is... *grabs calculator* 5' 4".

Hmmm... I need to lose some height.

My husband's over six feet, so I sometimes feel short around him. He can see over the dryer, and I can't.

Don't feel bad, I can't either. :)

Aeireono, it's the same for me too. Except I don't go to a lot of concerts.

CrazyCanuck, SGM; really, why can't there be more sizes. For us 'non' women. :wink:

Jeremy, 5'6 seems like a good, normal height to me. F^&*k society and their norms. :)

Hermitess, I feel for you. I usually have to cut off quite a bit of the bottom of my pants. It's such a hassle.

Kevin said

I read somewhere that boys, as a general rule, grow taller than their mothers. Also, that in the mornings we can be up to an inch 'longer' (taller). That's assuming one has been to bed. The body sort of oozes itself into a longer format when we're lying down for a long..stretch. Then it re-hashes itself when we get up and start doing stuff.

I think I heard that somewhere...Strange isn't it?

Cate; both metric and continental, huh? :wink: That's probally how tall I should've been. Hee hee.

Boa; I should probally be that tall too, in regards to weight. Of course, my doctor said I should weigh 100 lbs for my height. :roll:

So ends this very long post. Thank you all. :)

I'm about 5'2, and it's a real pain at concerts!

AND a pain at 5' deli counters! They come up to my eyebrows.

Me too.

I'm a little over 5'7" in the evening. Almost 5'8" when I first wake up.

This seems weird to me because I was 5'6" when I got my chauffer's license at age 21. I assumed I was full grown and never bothered to change it on my license. I have no idea when I grew almost 2 more inches, but I just discovered it a few months ago.

-Greybird

Live R Perfect

I'm 6'4".

Advantages:

Being able to reach things and look over things

Psychological size-advantage over would-be attackers

Disadvantages:

People keep asking me to reach things and look over things for them

High centre of gravity means I could be easily unbalanced by attackers

I'm 5'5", average for a female, I'm told. But I still feel kind of short... my mother is 5'9". Of course, I could have ended up like my grandmother... 4'10", so I won't complain too much.

Me too. You should see me try to order a sandwhich at those places. 'Ma'am, can I help you? Where are you?'

Yes Kez, it does. :wink: Can I borrow 5 inches from someone? :)

~Forbidden Fury~, I feel extra short compared to my Mom too. And she's only 6 inches taller than me. Strange.

Liver, I guess you can intiminate would-be attackers, huh? Me, I'd just kick them in the shins. :lol: And I would be one of those people always bugging you to get stuff for them. Sorry.

Greybird, I've heard of people growing after puberty. I wonder if it's rare, though.

*Sings some sort of song about junie99 being 5'4* Too bad you're not 5'5, then I could've sung "I can't drive 55".

Sorry, bad joke.

Hi, Junie99. *waves*

So, Liver, you get tipped over easily? *grins*

Cate

Me too. You should see me try to order a sandwhich at those places. 'Ma'am, can I help you? Where are you?'

Not only that but I can't hear either. So I'm behind a pane of (plexi)glass, trying to figure out what the hell she's asking me and there's chips spittin' and spattering, a coffee grinder or something running. Liver, I wish you were with me, you could order my food for me :).

But, talking about people asking you to get things down for them, I'm SO embarrassed to ASK people to do that! I'm not assertive enough and end up going home without what it was I came for.

Something like 6'2", depending on the time of day

It's often useful to be tall, for instance to be able to look for people across crowded rooms.

And I make the most of my long stride length.

But it makes it more difficult to find girl-clothes. Boy-clothes are OK though.

Actually I notice my height more in Brussels than in, say, London. I think the people are on average a bit shorter here (the French-speaking ones, anyway - the Dutch-speaking ones are taller).

t's often useful to be tall, for instance to be able to look for people across crowded rooms.).

Oh, I bet it is. I always end up feeling clastophobic in rooms with lots of people.

Actually I notice my height more in Brussels than in, say, London. I think the people are on average a bit shorter here (the French-speaking ones, anyway - the Dutch-speaking ones are taller).

I guess I need to move to Brussels, then. :)

Islander9 said:

5'6 but with eroding vertebrae...

:shock: Ow?!

Cijay said:

But, talking about people asking you to get things down for them, I'm SO embarrassed to ASK people to do that! I'm not assertive enough and end up going home without what it was I came for.

What I want to know is, why do they even put the stuff up so high you can't reach it?! No one is 7 ft tall, after all.

I guess I'll just have Liver get it for me. Come to the US to get my groceries, will ya? :wink:

I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10".... my height seems to be different every time I get measure.

Archived