Just curious

human_being

Is there anyone here who is in their late twenties or early thirties and never had sex or a relationship before? Just wondering though. I might be the oldest living virgin in here.

I am,

Human_being

You're not. I know there's at least one virgin over 40 on the site. I'm sure she'll speak up soon.

I'm 26 and a virgin. Also a relationship-virgin.

Cate

Virgin is such a silly, human-fabricated term. In a modern sexual sense, it is impossible to define, and from a biological sense, cannot be indicated or proven to exist or not. Is it a state of mind? A record of sexual action(or lack thereof?) What is it, really? It's nothing.

If you don't have sex for long enough do you turn back into a virgin, or is it just considered a dry spell? :lol:

Had sex a grand total of 3 times in my teens - just couldn't get into it. The last time was 1977.

Rest easy human_being......I'm a 49 year old male and I remain a virgin. I didn't start out as a teenager with that intention......I played spin the bottle as a junior high kid, had make out sessions in the back seat of my car as a high schooler, but I was just never ready to take that final step. It caused me a great deal of angst during my 20's, thinking there was something wrong with me. I like women, my body reacts as it should in the presence of an attractive woman, but I just never felt the necessary urge to do more than look. Fortunately, with time I've come to enjoy my celibacy and accept myself for who I am.

DenyMePlz,

I can identify exactly with what you said. The only reason I went the final step was a teenage fear of ridicule.

Me, too. DenyMePlz. At this point most people assume I have and don't ask anymore anyway.

Cate

Vicious Trollop

21 and unfortunately have been kissed... although, it might have taken me a whole lot longer to figure out I didn't like it if I hadn't. So it's all good.

Anyway, virgin, thankfully.

21 also. Never been kissed, never had a relationship/ etc. I'm just not a 'people person'. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to have company on this one.

21 and unfortunately have been kissed... although, it might have taken me a whole lot longer to figure out I didn't like it if I hadn't. So it's all good.

Exactly. Until then I thought it would be amazing and fireworky and everything the media tells us it will be.

It wasn't.

Mouth slug. Blech.

Cate

Im 24 and still a proud virgin, never been in a relationship, and have only kissed one guy. And....when I did....I was trying not to laugh. I mean, it was just.........wet, messy and not very exciting.

I am 31 and a virgin.

I don't mind, but sexual people seem to have more of an issue with it than me.

I also have an appalling record with dating and relationships. And i have never kissed anyone and felt alright about it. It never did anything for me.

:twisted: :twisted:

32 year old virgin here too.

I find it far easier to let people assume I am not, rather than enter a discussion that I would find both boring *and* embarrassing.

It's an interesting question whether you should have sex at least once to discover whether you are truly asexual. So for me there's still an element of doubt. I don't lose sleep over that though :)

I did kiss once, and it left me cold ........

You're not. I know there's at least one virgin over 40 on the site. I'm sure she'll speak up soon.

I'm 26 and a virgin. Also a relationship-virgin.

Cate

Speaking up! I'll be 42 in November. I'm not a relationship virgin but I'm sure I don't remain in the mind of anyone I've been out with. I'm probably o ne of those "oh yeah, HER".

If you don't have sex for long enough do you turn back into a virgin, or is it just considered a dry spell?

This is priceless, it has become my new signature line if'n that's okay!

I'm 23 (nearly 24! Woo!) and still a virgin. Been kissed, and found it totally boring. Not nasty, in any fashion, but just boring. Better things to do with my time ;)

30 and a virgin. So fun to explain to doctors/nurses/other people who have a legitimate reason to know.

"What kind of birth control do you use?"

"Abstinence."

*Weird look.*

"No, really."

30 and a virgin. So fun to explain to doctors/nurses/other people who have a legitimate reason to know.

"What kind of birth control do you use?"

"Abstinence."

*Weird look.*

"No, really."

Hee hee, Ive had that too. A while ago I wasn't very well, and I had to have all these blood tests and stuff, and the doctor asked me if I could be pregnant. I said no. "Are you sure?" she said. "Er, yeah, pretty sure" I said. She then asked me when the last time was that I'd had sex. When I replied never, she didn't say anything but......she looked at me like I was mad.

Exactly. Until then I thought it would be amazing and fireworky and everything the media tells us it will be.

Same here, I felt absolutely zip. My ex-girlfriend seemed to like it a lot though. I guess I should've figured out something was different about me then, instead I just assumed the poor girl was a bad kisser.

Anyway, kissing is as far as I've ever gone in a relationship, and really as far as I ever plan to go anytime soon, so I'm 20 and a virgin.

Virgin is such a silly, human-fabricated term. In a modern sexual sense, it is impossible to define, and from a biological sense, cannot be indicated or proven to exist or not. Is it a state of mind? A record of sexual action(or lack thereof?) What is it, really? It's nothing.

Wow. You've got it in a nutshell. I'm going to have to put that quote up on my wall or something.

Anyway, 20yo virgin here and since finding this site it has stopped my "feeling like a loser" streak that started at around the age of 16.

I have been kissed several times by my ex. It's funny, but the short, pleasant "hi how are you" style and such like I quite enjoyed, but the really long intense ones that she seemed to likeon did nothing for me.

Archived