Does anyone NOT have sex dreams?

Hot_Air_Balloons

I'm indifferent to sex, but I've never had a sex dream-- never even had something come close to even approaching sex. I've never even kissed anyone in a dream! Usually, I'm not even in my dreams, but even when I'm watching other people, they don't ever have sex or anything close.

I have a horrible time remembering dreams. that being said, I can remember the wierd one. No sex dreams. No romantic dreams. One dream of kissing someone, and that was in an experimental way.

I'm not repulsed by sex, I'm just indifferent.

sexualwithasexual

Well, for the person who asked if 3 or 4 sex dreams a year is typical for an asexual, I think many sexuals dream of sexual situations much more than that! During puberty for instance, I think I had sex dreams almost every night! And I know my close friends did too! As I've gotten older, they are much less frequent for me. I'd say around maybe 8 a year or so. Another difference is that I LOVE having these dreams! Especially as someone with an asexual partner. I love it so much I almost feel like I'm cheating! :blink: But of course we cannot control our dreams, so I simply languish in the memory all day long! But I have had sex nightmares as well. That's different.

Another thing this thread makes me rethink are the times my partner has woken me in the early morning hours and engaged in sleepy sex with me to my delight. I know this was mostly about just that sexual feeling thing that was just there.. But I liked it of course! I also could swear that I witnessed her having a sex dream one time. I told her about it when she awoke, and she looked at me like I was crazy! Now that I've read this thread, I think maybe she was dreaming of running a race or something instead! :blush:

I've had a sorta sex dream about a month ago for the first time. It was more like I was watching some movie with some rich girl having a fling w/ the gardener. Of course, much to my dismay, I confused myself with the girl about half way through it. Nothing really happened in it but a little kissing. However, I was so disturbed when I woke up. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I began to question my own sexuality for about a week until I calmed down. and omg. I hope that never happens again.

I've never had a sex dream. I had a few dreams in which I had a boyfriend, but the only thing that happened were a few kisses and hugs.

I'm not a repulsed asexual, by the way. I'm just not interested in sex.

this_portrait

I've only had a sex dream once, and I had a makeout dream once as well. Other than that, I have never had a dream revolving around sex.

Hot_Air_Balloons

Well, it seems a lot of you have never had them either. Thanks for helping me feel "normal"! lol ;)

I never have sex dreams. 'course I rarely dream/remember my dreams. Those I do remember are usually trippy almost sci-fi fantasy book material, rarely anything sensical. Occasionally I dream about being at work. :lol:

Sex imagery doesn't bother me, so I don't think that plays into it.

Percy McKean

No Sex Dreams Please, We're British!

Just kidding, I'm not British, or from a West End play in the '70s. But no, the closest I ever get in my dreams is when I'm holding hands. Or wrestling. But I don't think self defense counts.

geek-in-a-half-shell

Oh god, I had one where I was in bed with a GUY and we were cuddling and he was trying to take it to the other level, but in my dream I was like, "dude, this isn't right."

I told him I didn't want that and that I prefer the "curves of a woman" and I just wanted to cuddle.

That was as close to a sex dream as I got.

Well, I have sex dreams, I'm just not in them. Is it normal to dream about gay sex, but not be turned on by it? :blink:

every one has sex dreams ...

having sex dreams doesn't mean that you wanna have sex ...

i think i might have had 2 sex dreams in my life ... maybe i had more m not sure ...

Day Dreamer

No. I haven't had any dreams about sex.

I had a dream that some guy I really liked cuddled me. I also had a dream that I kissed a friend once but, I think that was experimental. That is as close to a sex dream as I can get.

I've never had a dream that featured more than kissing or embarrassing nudity.

Oh god, I had one where I was in bed with a GUY and we were cuddling and he was trying to take it to the other level, but in my dream I was like, "dude, this isn't right."

I told him I didn't want that and that I prefer the "curves of a woman" and I just wanted to cuddle.

That was as close to a sex dream as I got.

Well, I have sex dreams, I'm just not in them. Is it normal to dream about gay sex, but not be turned on by it? :blink:

:blink::wacko:

what a weird dream ...

u know when it comes to dreams u should expect anything ... there is no "normal" things in the dream world ...

every thing is possible ...

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few dreams in which I was married and prego but no sex (one time my "husband" was a cave man and I was living in the ice age but opened a portal into my highschool gym changeroom so that was weird)

I did one time have a sex nightmare. It was horrifying. I was me and I was having sex with my brother *shudder* and people were watching, including my mom *shudder *shudder* It was a terrible terrible dream!

I had a few when I was younger but haven't had any in several years (maybe 10-15).

Last night I had a dream where someone I currently have a crush on came over and sat on my lap and got cuddly. That was a good dream.

Frontier_Rhesus

I've never had a sex dream, which is weird because my entire teenage life I was waiting for one. "Oh man, when I have a wet dream I'll finally be normal!"

My most intensely emotional dream was one in which my roommate turned out to be a tree that had transformed into a human to get away from his estranged father. It confused me that a dream without kissing or sensuality could awaken such a strong feeling of love for that tree-person. It's stuck with me for a while.

I never had a sex dream or a sex fantasy, no ... I thought it was completely normal until I was corrected by my then-partner ... Even when I fantasize about someone who caught my attention (happens every now and then), it's never sexual.

I don't have sex dreams.

I used to have nightmares about the sexual assault I went through years ago. Once in a while I get a little flashback to it. PTSD

Admiral Kitteh

I've only had a FEW dreams about sex and if I was doing something I was bored or uninterested. I do dream about seeing other people and it makes me ill. But the only time I do think about sex is when it's shoved in my face. And its usually "ew why am I thinking about it?" then quickly watch something that doesn't contain sex to block out the thought. :wacko:

Never had a sex dream, kissing dream, or a sex nightmare. Also no romantic dreams. The closest are these: once maybe a year ago I dreamed some guy was giving me a back rub (even that is way more contact than I'm cool with in reality, very repulsed ace here), and once more recently I dreamed a guy from real life was hitting on me (which, oddly enough, he started doing IRL about a week later...). I hardly ever think about it in detail, so I guess it just doesn't carry over into my dreams.

Mostly, as others have said, my dreams are more adventurous. Getting trapped in a volcano and meeting the blind prophetic tribal people who had lived in it for centuries, or being part of an attempt to repel giant grasshopper-like alien invaders, or working with the Doctor to stop creepy vampires from invading the minds of clergymen...

I have had one "real" sex dream and it was just weird. It was when I was in college and was about a guy I hardly knew in high school and was never into in anyway. It creeped me out so much. Not that we were really having sex in the dream, it was sex in the way that what is "your house" in your dream can look nothing like your house. There was no arousal or anything and is really was not sex at all, more like cuddling (in the middle of the sidewalk and on the ground, I told you it was weird), but in my dream we were having "sex". It was just odd.

I don't know if it counts, but I have had dreams where I masturbated, which creep me out in a way, not that I think I am touching myself in my sleep, but it is just weird. But it has always felt way better to masturbate in my dream than it ever has when I am not dreaming.

I did one time have a sex nightmare. It was horrifying. I was me and I was having sex with my brother *shudder* and people were watching, including my mom *shudder *shudder* It was a terrible terrible dream!

Ok, I amend my previous comment, I had a dream, when I was way younger, that I had sex with my brother...it was before I really got what sex was, in it involved a syringe instead of a penis, but it is the most disturbing dream of my entire life and I have tried to block it out or blame it on the fact that I was a little kid and loved my brother and really did not get what sex was...but I generally refuse to call it a sex dream.

I have not had sex dreams. Even when I was younger.

I did have a dream in which I had been tested and found to be pregnant.

But nothing of what would have brought on the pregnancy.