• Ambidextrous, but favour the right
    • Ambidextrous, but favour the left
    • Completely ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

nobodyknowsmyname

writing: left*

eating: favor left

most everything else**: favor right

sports: none/both (can't catch/throw/bat. can bowl stupidly but successfully if I alternate hands.)

*except when writing on a vertical surface like a chalkboard or whiteboard, I prefer to use my right hand.

**stuff like using a saw, hammer, gun, bow and arrow, scissors, playing guitar, knitting, and washing dishes (scrub with right hand, move dishes to the right for rinsing and draining).

I'm left-thumbed, right-eyed, and right-footed (I think). I raise my left eyebrow and wiggle my right ear more easily than my left. (actually, I think I learned how to wiggle that ear by trying unsuccessfully to raise my right eyebrow by itself.) I wear my watch on my left wrist. I've noticed many lefties wear theirs on their right wrist. seems like quite a few righties wear their watch on their right wrist but the ones I've asked have a leftie in the family and/or also do things with their left hand, such as eat.

what can I say, handedness fascinates me. I always notice when right handed people seem to favor doing things in a "more left" manner than I do. (such as the watch thing and the dishes thing.)

I'm a righty, though I was originally a lefty when I learned to write. My mother told me the world wasn't made for left-handed people and would make me hold the pencil in my right hand. So I suppose I'm a righty-against-my-will.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me, or do the percentages on this topic only equal 96%? :?

I'm left-handed, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think I'm at least somewhat ambi, but in truth my right hand rules most of the time.

However, I play air guitar left-handed. :mrgreen:

@Nostalgiaholic: I know someone who got forced like that too. She does everything but write with her left hand.

I am right-handed, however I AM ambidextrous with a knife and fork...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm one of those ambidextrous right-handers :)

I can use both arms / hands to do anything I need to (and with such rubbish eyesight and legs, they get a lot of use). Typing happens with both hands, writing is 99% of the time done with the right, and all drawings / paintings are done with the right.

Since leggedness has been mentioned, I'm definately a right-legger. My left one is smaller and floppier, so it folds up neatly out of the way and lets my right leg get the job done LOL!

• 6 months later...
Kiløhertz

Ambidextrous, but I NEVER use my right hand except to straighten my hair, and I play the guitar right-handed. For everything else, though, I'm basically a lefty. (Unless my left gets tired. :P )

Definitely right-handed... My left hand is practically useless when it comes to coordination. XP

Whenever I sit, I automatically fold my left leg up underneath me. My body is very neglectful of my left limbs, I guess. :?

reverse_thrust

Ambi with a left preference.

For example, with most sports I can use either hand- except baseball, which I don't play because I throw and catch with my right hand. That'd be the one exception to the left preference. Oh, and scissors.

Most everything else is done with my left hand, but there isn't much of a difference if I use my right.

i am right handed but can write withleft hand as well (and mirror writing :P

Definitely right-handed... My left hand is practically useless when it comes to coordination. XP

Whenever I sit, I automatically fold my left leg up underneath me. My body is very neglectful of my left limbs, I guess. :?

Ha, when I read this I looked down at the wy I'm sitting, and it's just how you described! :lol:

To be honest I never paid attention to the way I sit before; I don't know if it's only my left leg that does it.

emmarainbow
Definitely right-handed... My left hand is practically useless when it comes to coordination.

Oh, absolutely...

My left hand can't even do jazz hands.

I am Sasquatch

I do alllll my sport on the right hand, and allll the finesse stuff (writing, painting etc) on the left. It's very odd in my town.

My dominant hand switches depending on the activity. Most sports are left handed (except putting and smaller chips in golf), but I throw with my right. I write right handed, but pen spin with my left. Most juggling is left handed, except diabolo, which I do right handed. It seems to be that my left arm is stronger than my right, but my right hand is stronger than my left. I can't play the guitar right handed, as my left hand isn't strong enough to push down on the fingerboard hard enough, so I have to play leftie.

i picked ambi-favor left. i switch over depending on which side of anotebook i'm using and my handwriting looks about the same, but a lot of things i have to do left handed that aren't writing, plus, in strength tests, my left hand turned out a bit stronger.

I'm a rightie when it comes to writing but in sports I used my left hand most of the time.

• 1 year later...

In all technicality, I'm ambidextrous enough to raise hell, but I prefer doing things left-handed. My right hand tends to twitch unexpectedly, so it's rather unreliable. :/

I'm Right handed. It would be nice to be ambidextrous though, then I could do Double Vision on Audiosurf like a pro. Haha.

I put completely ambidextrous (although I seem to have a preference for using left hand naturally this has been overridden through learning at school). Although given my lack of coordination neither handed might be more accurate :P Assuming that I'm used to using a hand for any given activity it doesn't matter which one. Knife/fork is whatever way I happen to pick them up. Ten pin bowling, well I might be marginally better with left hand. Football (on the rare occasions) - whichever leg happens to be closest to the ball. I was taught (i.e. forced) to write with my right hand despite seeming to have an initial preference to write with my left hand. The same teacher forced me to use right handed scissors (now it doesn't matter which hand I use for scissors, just have to remember which handedness the scissors I'm using are!).

• 2 months later...

Right-handed

There are some situations where I act left-handed, or use either hand, but I generally favour the right for most things.

I'm ambidextrous but I write with my right hand just because it got more exercises in hand- writing, although I use only my left hand to write on my laptop. Any other things I can do succesfully with both- my left or right hand.

Archived