Which Hand Do You Write With?  

1. 1.

• Left
    • Right
    • Ambidextrous, but favour the right
    • Ambidextrous, but favour the left
    • Completely ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

ambi but favor the right. I write better on a dry erase/chalk board using my left hand :?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m completely left handed, footed, eyed, and just about everything-ed (all my mannerisms seem to be mirror images of my dads, who is right handed. From sitting on opposite feet when we rest, to being able to raise the opposite eyebrow).

I think you’ve got to be reasonably ambidextrous if you’re left handed (otherwise you’ll kill yourself using right-handed can openers… power tools… scald yourself with pans with a pouring lip on only one side etc etc)

When I first started writing I apparently wrote in perfect mirror writing, and it took months for them to get me to right ‘properly’. I’ve only ever met one other person who did that, did anyone here?

...When I first started writing I apparently wrote in perfect mirror writing, and it took months for them to get me to right ‘properly’. I’ve only ever met one other person who did that, did anyone here?

I read somewhere that Lewis Carroll (Charles Dodgson) wrote in perfect mirror writing.

I'm right-handed and both my hands are the same size (breadth of palm, length of fingers) but as a ten year old I could play an octave and two notes on the piano with my left hand and only an octave with my right. Which is pretty grotesque for a little girl with hands the size of a lumberjack.

Schala Zeal

Ambidextrous but favor the left.

I use left hand to write, and my right hand writing is not that good. I throw with my right hand, eat with both hands, cut with the left.

LostPenguin

I chose right-handed, but I'm a little of both, all in all. I write with my right hand and am almost totally incapable of writing with my left (in terms of legibility), but I tend to prefer my left side for most things.

I had a funky disease in a few of my joints on the right side of my body and another disease in my right eye when I was little. Due to such, I not only favored the left side from the get-go, but it became stronger and there's no joint damage on that side, unlike the right. Also, the vision in my right eye ain't so great (from the disease) whereas the left is pretty good. So, I'm a little weird that way. ;D

I saw noted elsewhere about usage of the left/right hand in other things as well- my left hand/arm/wrist/etc is capable of pretty much anything that doesn't require a ton of small movements. Writing, of course, is pretty much out of the question, but I opt to use my left hand plenty for various activities, the arm is just as strong as my right, and I often trained with my bo with the left hand after I got the right down fairly solidly.

• 3 weeks later...
SorryNotSorry

Not only strongly left, but I'm only turned on by women who are as well. It's been my experience that a higher percentage of them have kinder, warmer personalities.

BTW my little lady (aka left hand) long ago made it clear that she refuses to touch dirty things like motor oil or rotten food. ;-)

I saw this sign in a music shop once:

"If it's true that the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body - then only left-handed people are in their right mind." :mrgreen:

(I'm another boring rightie)

Answered Right, but when I broke my R wrist I wrote with my left hand. Also do a lot of things with left that people usually do w right. Or when using both hands do it opposite of most others - I find it out when they say: "oh, so you're left handed!" - otherwise I would not notice. Or I interchange hands.

So I may be ambi "on demand". Comes in handy :wink: Also wish I had more than 2 hands sometimes :lol:

Oh yes, and my muscle strength is noticeably greater in my left limbs although I use the right side somewhat more. I am not sure if in things that require force the left participates (unconsciously) more, but now that you mentioned it I'll try to pay attention.

I am left-handed. When I was younger I wanted so much to be right-handed, especially when I was in primary school. The desk we had in the class room were right-handed desk, and all the scissors were made for the right hand. I also remember my mother trying to make me eat with my fork in the right hand but I would always revert back to my left hand.

• 3 weeks later...

It's far more natural for me to use my left hand, but in the 50s (when I started school) we weren't allowed to be left handed, my speach difficulties may be because I am naturally left handed but was made to write right handed. So I put myself down as ambi.

• 4 months later...

Right-handed, though I did get pretty good with my left hand after breaking my right hand a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

Ambidextrous but favor the right ...

At school I started with both hands, I just diversify hands and my teacher wasn't enthusiastic about it (it was 12 years ago, different people, different teaching methods) and she tried to change me to right-handed ... Good job, she done well.

But I can't live without my left hand, I brush my teeth using my left hand, hold knife and spoon in the left, draw with my left, sleep on my left ...

Actually the only thing I do with my right hand is writting =)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone in my family is right-handed, except for my brother. I'm pretty much right oriented as well. Anything that requires any kind of manual dexterity I must do with my right hand, as my left hand is almost useless. (Anything written with my left hand is almost completely illegible.) My right eye is dominant, and my right leg is slightly longer than my left. Curiously, I can only snap my fingers with my left hand. When I do it with my right hand, there's almost no sound at all.

"God made a few perfect people... the rest are right-handed." :lol: I bought a magnet like that for my brother.

• 1 month later...

Only 12% of us are left handed?

Isn't that disproportionately small compared to the population as a whole? Or are we really that rare?

• 2 months later...

Lefty! Although I can write legibly with my right hand, and I'm also right-eyed and right-footed. o_O

Lefty! Although I can write legibly with my right hand, and I'm also right-eyed and right-footed. o_O

Finally! Another lefty! :D

JokeyFairbobbin

Extremely right-handed. Even after playing piano pieces with demanding left-hand parts, my right hand was still more agile. It felt weird, too, like there was some force making my left hand miss notes or something.

However, I tend to hold things with my left hand. Stuff requiring more strength than dexterity goes to the left hand, which is odd, because my right side is stronger as far as I can tell.

Ambidextrous but favour the right. I used to be more ambi as a kid but I kind of got into the habit of doing everything right-handed - it's usually the path of least resistance.

LEFT HANDED FENCERS ARE EVIL!!!!

Heh. I used to fence left handed.

• 2 weeks later...
FelineFanatic

I use the right, but can use the left in a pinch

Did you know...up to 90% of cats are South Paws! (south pole=left handed)

Archived