Which Hand Do You Write With?  

1. 1.

• Left
    • Right
    • Ambidextrous, but favour the right
    • Ambidextrous, but favour the left
    • Completely ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

To honour Liver's request for more demographics I give you the dominant hand poll.

Cate

Oh, me, too. Dur.

Cate

Ambidextrous, but I write most with my right hand, cut stuff with my left. Writing with my left hand makes my handwriting look like I'm back in kindergarten, just learning how to write...

I write with my right.

But actually, I very rarely actually write anything.

I broke my right wrist & thumb earlier in the year, and found the number of times I had to (and was therefore unable to) write anything were surprisingly low.

One or two signatures, a few notes in meetings and so forth.

Far more of a problem was tying shoelaces (absolute nightmare), doing up buttons (real struggle), and eating anything that required holding with the fork and cutting with the knife at the same time (so I ate a lot of pasta...).

Right handed.

Left legged.

Wanna know how to tell the 'leggedness'?

Stnad up straight... get someone you trust to push you... the leg you step forward with ( best out of 5) is your dominant leg.

You can do this with cats as well. Get a long tube, stick a treat inside, and see what arm the cat puts in to get the treat out.

My cat is right armed.

Funfact: Most cats are left-armed.

Cate

Really? Huh. *stares at the cat*

And he likes playing in water. He tips the buckets of water we've been saving in the shower over.

Silly cat.

Ambidextrous, left-favoring

Write with my left, can write with my right when left gets tired (or on a blackboard)

Cuts with scissors right handed

Eats with fork in left hand unless reading then with right

Switch-hitter/catcher

Tennis both handed

Left hand controls accuracy, right hands is better with heavier tasks

ambidextrous but prefer the right. I prettymuch write with my right hand. (Enough homophones there? :lol: ) If I try to with the other, it looks like a 4 year old's. Well, a 4 yr old writing in cursive. I can even do mirror-writing in cursive, right and left, but it's hardly readable.

I'm Dyslexic and I wonder if that has anything to do with being ambidextrous.

Ambidextrous but favor the right. The only thing I can't do just as well with my left hand is write (it's not trained to do that).

I can fingerspell two words at the same time, one with my right hand, one with my left.

Another righty! Our family played opposites - I'm right handed and so is my son. My husband is left handed like my daughter. I wonder what causes the right hand predominance anyway.

I was actually trained against being left-handed... I know, archaic, but my mum was determined to make me a righty! (she was nice about it)

So now I switch back and forth fairly easily with writing, eating... I only doodle with my right hand though. Odd?

Right handed... boring, aren't I? My left hand's semi-useless - well, it's okay, but I seem to lean very strongly towards the right one. You should see what I wind up with in those "draw with your non-dominant hand" game things...

hee, we should try that someday...

Chameleonthing
Proud lefty, but right-eyed.

Crazy... I'm right-handed and LEFT-eyed. :mrgreen:

...well, mostly right-handed, the way Aeireono is..

I'm righthanded (and that hand is noticeably larger than my left - comes from hammering, sawing etc.), rightlegged, and left-eye dominant. Kia ora - Islander9

Ordinary, boring rightie. The computer is set up left handed though (mouse on the left) because my hubby is a leftie and it was his before I usurped it.

So ... when I'm online for any length of time my entire left arm goes numb. :roll: I tried to switch the mouse to the other side and I was so incompetent it was funny.

Drawing from the right side of the brain ... yeah, I remember that test. It was weird! I think one of my alter-egos must live in there ...

-Greybird

Right-handed all the way. But when I get bored at work, I try to teach myself to write left-handed. That is, when I get really, REALLY bored. :roll:

Right handed, c'est moi. Tenez le droit.

But you'd think it was my left leg that was doing the writing, if you ever saw it - it's scandalously scruffy, that's why I developed a massive affinity with keyboards donkeys' years ago.

Mind, I've found there are some things I don't do well with my right hand. Using a calculator I prefer my left hand, it's more accurate. And I once had to drive a car with left-hand drive, which meant changing the gearshift with my right hand. It was amazingly awkward. 'Course it didn't worry me..I was very drunk.

Odd thing about left/right. I trained to be a driving instructor, and it came to light that it's suprising that, directionally, there are people who have difficulty telling their left from their right.

Silly Green Monkey

I sometimes forget which is the right or left. It comes back after I think about it though.

Right handed for writing and a few other things but left handed when it comes to using a computer. It does confuses some people at work but is quite useful as I can use a mouse to surf the net or whatever and make handwritten notes at the same time.

I had to vote 'ambi but favour my right'.

I write with my right hand.

I throw balls and bat (in cricket) with my right hand.

I for some reason play snooker and pool left-handed. Not quite sure why but I remember picking up a snooker cue for the first time when I was about six years old and playing left-handed felt easily the most natural.

As usual on Friday I was in the pub holding my beer glass with my left hand.

I usually play football(soccer to you americans) with both feet and have scored quite a few goals with my left foot.

Just a little insight into my bizarrely-balanced brain hemispheres. :)

quietbraggadocio

I'm right handed for writing, drawing, dialing and so forth, but anything that involves the wrist or arm I can use either. Bo staff, polearm, sword, tennis racket, broom.

Any fine manuplation I'm a righty, I even catch and throw better both with right, in baseball the glove only came in handy for pop flys.

Archived