anyone past 50 on here?

Gentle Giant

Happy birthday, @Nidwin:cake: :)

I heard that Tim Conway passed away. :( Loved him in the Carol Burnett Show and movies. When we were kids, my friend and I would act out the scene he and Harvey Korman did when Tim was playing the old man serving at a food stand. We’d also do his old man shuffle. We saw some of the movies he did with Don Knotts in the theater. Private Eyes, Prize Fighter and The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

I heard that Tim Conway passed away.

Aw, that's too bad. He was a very funny comedian. Loved him on the Carol Burnett show and other shows and movies. I was just recently watching the bit from Mama's Family where he goes on about a pair of Siamese elephants and the rest of the cast is trying to hide their laughter. That was one of the best parts about the CB show, making each other crack up. They obviously had fun making the show.

I saw Tim Conway once in person - he was just another member of the audience at an Eddie Izzard show, sitting a couple of rows in front of me.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, daveb said:

I saw Tim Conway once in person - he was just another member of the audience at an Eddie Izzard show, sitting a couple of rows in front of me.

Somehow that strikes me as really funny...Tim Conway watching Eddie Izzard perform! What year was that?

• Like 6
Just now, teatree said:

Somehow that strikes me as really funny...Tim Conway watching Eddie Izzard perform! What year was that?

I don't remember for sure, but I think it was early 2000s (maybe around 2003 give or take a couple of years)

• Like 6

I’m really bummed about Tim Conway; he was pure delight to watch, and enduringly boyish, plus he seemed like a thoroughly decent and unpretentious man. His style of humor probably translates pretty well across cultural differences. I watched a few of his gems last night, including this one: 

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Semisweet said:

I watched a few of his gems last night,

I did as well. I love this one as well - as did @daveb (mentioned above):

• Like 7
Gentle Giant

I’m so PO’d about work again! We’re really upset about how we’re being treated. It is so unfair! :angry: :(

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

I’m so PO’d about work again! We’re really upset about how we’re being treated. It is so unfair! :angry: :(

Sorry to hear that. Not sure if you're in the corporate world, but we probably hear more stories about how companies are screwing over their employees than 'happy' corporate happenings.

I'm just glad I'm retired but that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about my pension.

On a lighter note I spent Wednesday after with a bunch of my former co-workers at our annual reunion.

• Like 10

I think GG is in long-term care, which makes it even worse!

• Like 6
Skycaptain

@pickles mcgee, maybe you need to be on a different browser to have the same page count or something?

Finished work at 0015, back at work at 0510 whoopee :mad:

• Like 8

Mine still says page 999.

I knew dates & times could be different, but, page counts?:wacko:

• Like 7

Sorry to be trite, but thank goodness it's Friday!!!! I work more hours per week than I would wish, and by Friday I am tired and a titch grumpy. I just keep reminding myself that I'm saving more for retirement (which, by the way, if I go to my "official" age is 5 years and 11 months away, though would love to retire earlier than that if I could swing it, or then go down to just per diem at work)....

• Like 7
10 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

What is happening? Longer hours? No raises? Short-staffed (or more so than normal)?

• Like 8
Sleepy Otter

That's what I needed to start the day @Kazbe and @Semisweet!  I was sad to hear about his passing too.  He always made me smile when he appeared in a tv show or movie.  And it was always fun watching him annihilate Harvey Korman.  I think him breaking made me laugh even harder.

We're bound to get to 1000 if we keep going!

• Like 7

I think there should be a prize for the person who's post appears atop page 1000!

And then we'll have a big page 1000 party with tons of cake!

Not sure how @daveb is already there, or how @pickles mcgee knows how many posts it takes to get there.  I guess some browsers are smarter than others.

TGIF! Happy Weekend everyone!

• Like 10
12 minutes ago, Muledeer said:

or how @pickles mcgee knows how many posts it takes to get there.  I guess some browsers are smarter than others.

Nope, it was just me own brains.  The posts used to be numbered, and there were always 30 posts per page.  Except for @daveb; someone's messin' with him.

• Like 5

Hmm, if there are a fixed number per page (rather than a fixed length, where three long essays could equal 40 one-sentence posts), perhaps it is a setting.

• Like 5

I'm a tad nervous posting this, because it might be page 1000 post 1. At present the last post I can see is on page 999.

Anyway, happy weekend everyone! I'm going to see Rocky Horror the Musical tomorrow and have also found a free lecture I can attend earlier in the day. It's about the archaeological dig in a graveyard that is taking place in Birmingham City Centre right now as land is cleared for the new High Speed rail link to London. Both should be interesting.

• Like 8

I was going to try to cross over with this post.  I wanted great words of wisdom but could not come up with any.  So never mind.

Oh, No, I am a winner.  I want to thank everyone, my mom, dad, cat.

PS - It took a 60 to do it.

• Like 11

W still haven't completed 1000 pages yet (although we do seem to have started page 1000), so there is still time for something profound.

• Like 8