anyone past 50 on here?

5 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

I have a question about how my sloth pics showed up.  Were all the 3 of a similar size, and on the small side?

Yeah, I'd say so. Not too small to see clearly enough though.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

I have a question about how my sloth pics showed up.  Were all the 3 of a similar size, and on the small side?

On my phone, yes.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

On my laptop I could see all three at the same time, without scrolling up or down. Horizontally they filled about a quarter of the screen. They are all slightly different sizes, but all landscape in orientation.

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

Are you still here?

Oh, @Midland Tyke my apologies. Definitely a senior moment ( at least the right thread!) it 's Muledeer who went to Hawaii not your good self!  That's why I made the remark about taking your place.

To answer... no , I only went for a long weekend to see my son. He lives in Leamington. It was very mild there: crocuses were out on the roadside verges and there were even some primroses in sheltered spots. 

• Like 9

Just saw that Kirk Douglas passed away. He was 103! Great actor. Appeared in some memorable movies.

• Like 9
Just now, ryn2 said:

Is it that time already?  So same!!

Tomorrow

And thanks!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Deja Vu said:

What am I missing?

I believe what you are missing is Faraday was diagnosed with breast cancer and is have a double mastectomy, I guess tomorrow.  She posted about it so I assume its OK to reveal it here.

Cathy

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Deja Vu said:

What am I missing?

I think it’s okay to say this since she talked about it a few weeks ago here... she’s having surgery tomorrow.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Tomorrow

And thanks!

If you talk to her please let her know I’m thinking of her, wishing her the best, and looking forward to seeing her back here when she’s feeling up to it,

If not I’ll just think the best thoughts.  :)

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

I believe what you are missing is Faraday was diagnosed with breast cancer and is have a double mastectomy, I guess tomorrow.  She posted about it so I assume its OK to reveal it here.

Cathy

Thanks - I'm sending good vibes for a successful outcome.

• Like 8

She did give me permission to mention it, otherwise I would have kept quiet. I am hopeful there will be good news to report in the next couple of days.

• Like 9
39 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

@Deja Vu, Here is the post about it from Faraday:

Thanks Cathy. I hope all goes well tomorrow.

• Like 8

Here's hoping @faraday☘has trouble-free surgery and a swift recovery 🎂 🎂

Kurk Douglas passing really is the end of an era. He was the last of that group of celebrities still around 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, daveb said:

She did give me permission to mention it, otherwise I would have kept quiet. I am hopeful there will be good news to report in the next couple of days.

I for one will be eagerly awaiting that good news!

• Like 6

Yes, hope it goes well @faraday☘. I'm looking forward to all of those "@faraday liked your post"s as you work your way back through the thread.

Re Kirk Douglas, I'm a big fan of Billy Wilder (the director). One of his films (from 1951) is "Ace in the Hole" (how inappropriate, eh?) which stars Kirk Douglas as a disgraced newspaper reporter. Amongst other themes it deals with is how a gullible public can be manipulated into believing anything by the press. That wouldn't have any relevance today, now, would it? The title comes from the plot - following a mining incident in the backwater Douglas's character has been exiled to, a rescue of the trapped ensues. Suddenly our man is the local reporter back on the national stage as all eyes are on the rescue. Liking the attention our man tries to slow up the rescue so as to lengthen his time in the spotlight..... Nice. I don't think Wilder was a fan of the press. I wonder what he'd make of today's media? And where are the film-makers willing to produce equivalent material today?

• Like 8
Phantasmal Fingers
2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Here's hoping @faraday☘has trouble-free surgery and a swift recovery 🎂 🎂

Kurk Douglas passing really is the end of an era. He was the last of that group of celebrities still around 

Isn't Olivia de Havilland still with us? 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

Isn't Olivia de Havilland still with us? 

Yep. She is 103 herself. :) 

3 hours ago, ryn2 said:

I for one will be eagerly awaiting that good news!

Me, too!

So far, so good, last I heard (getting prepped).

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, daveb said:

So far, so good, last I heard (getting prepped)

“Wait, wait, hold up a second guys, I need to update my people!”

• Like 6