anyone past 50 on here?

17 hours ago, codystrum said:

used to consider myself gay and even had “sexual addiction” which may sound REALLY confusing but think of it as “looking for romance by having a lot of sex that I didn’t enjoy myself but wanted to please others to get affection” 

My story, exactly.:)

Welcome, @codystrum.

• Like 5

Welcome @codystrum

I do like your little picture @T-jacko'lantern

The weather was lovely here today. My friend and I went to an exhibition  ( Mary Quant) at the V & A museum in London and it was so warm that we were able to sit outside for our drinks. I love the V& A  - not the exhibits necessarily, but the building itself. 

• Like 7
Autumn Sunrise
On 9 October 2019 at 5:54 PM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Talking of autumn, @Autumn Sunrise, wish @catsaregood  happy birthday 🎂 🎂.

Aw gee, thanks Sky :D  @catsaregood says "Thank you!" too - she was very touched that you remembered! We (son and I) took her to spend the day at a beautiful garden about an hour's drive from where we live . . . many beautiful spring flowers and trees, and, needless to say, a lovely lunch in the cafe :P

• Like 8
On 10/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, Semisweet said:

Belated happy birthday, @daveb, and your latest travel explorations with @faraday☘ sound fun and invigorating. By now you’re both practically your own tour company—Faradave Adventures? :P

I think that is a great name!!  Certainly had a great visit.  Idaho has lots of beautiful parks and scenery, and lots of adventures.  We'll be meeting up again in San Diego in November.  So preparing for yet another great adventure with an awesome friend.  We'll continue our post birth-month celebrations too.:lol:  

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Tunhope said:

I do like your little picture @T-jacko'lantern

8 hours ago, Muledeer said:

a happy little mobile asexual pumpkin...   It is you, TJA!

Thanks! Just for October, of course, then back to my sword swinger.:P

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, T-jacko'lantern said:

Thanks! Just for October, of course, then back to my sword swinger.:P

That guy is like the Energizer Bunny!  I often wondered if his arm ever got tired from swinging that sword all the time?

• Like 8
Just now, Muledeer said:

That guy is like the Energizer Bunny!  I often wondered if his arm ever got tired from swinging that sword all the time?

Haven't heard a complaint, yet.:P

• Like 8

Thanks, @ms. mortricia, a.k.a. we-know-who,:)

I had a vivid dream last night in which, despite being an adult, I was in my childhood home and one of you from this thread was visiting me there, and I was trying to come up with a story to explain to my mother how I knew you and why she’d never heard me mention you before.:unsure:

• Like 8
On 10/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Semisweet said:

I’m trying to nip a brewing cold in the bud today without resorting to medicine. I’m going through lots of green tea and throat lozenges

On 10/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, daveb said:

My throat is feeling a bit funky. I hope I didn't pick up a bug while traveling.

I too am battling a cold/sore throat/body aches.  I just went to bed for a few hours and fell asleep to a book on tape.  Feeling okay now, but not great.  I hope we all feel better soon!  I plan to be better by tomorrow, as a good friend is getting married at 2:00.

6 hours ago, Semisweet said:

Thanks, @ms. mortricia, a.k.a. we-know-who,:)

Yep, it's me, pickles mcgee!

6 hours ago, Semisweet said:

and I was trying to come up with a story to explain to my mother how I knew you and why she’d never heard me mention you before.:unsure:

I'd be happy to tell anyone who asks, but no one ever does. 😏

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, ms. mortricia said:

I too am battling a cold/sore throat/body aches. 

Me... four?

Hope everyone shakes it off!

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Me... four?

Oh, my, it must be that time of year.  Being around contagious people is a real occupational hazard in my line of work.

• Like 6

I hope you all feel better soon.  Yesterday, I inspected a child care center and I was extra vigilant about washing my hands when I left.   I always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer handy in the car as well.  Did you know that most cold and flu germs are contracted by your hand contact with sick people or the inanimate objects (fomites) they have touched?

Man, it got cold here last night.  The toilet tank and bowl still had ice inside them when I arrived here this evening, and my thermometer said it got down to 1.6 F or about -19 C.  I don't heat the trailer when I am not here.  I am grateful for my new furnace, and I have a nice cozy fire going as well.  I would like to try out my new down sleeping bag tonight that is supposed to keep me warm to 20 F.   

• Like 9
35 minutes ago, ms. mortricia said:

Being around contagious people is a real occupational hazard in my line of work.

Same!

• Like 6

I'm doing much better. Not sure what it was I was feeling in my throat, but so far it looks like it was just a temporary short time thing whatever it was. Maybe the cake and enchiladas helped. :D 

At least the weather here hasn't gotten too cold. A bit nippy in the wee hours, but mostly still above freezing. It's been good weather for a good brisk walk, too. Starts out feeling just a bit nippy, but I get warmed up pretty quickly from the exercise; not too warm though.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, daveb said:

Maybe the cake and enchiladas helped.

If not it was an enjoyable experiment, no?  XD

• Like 6

I had a cold start up last week. One day it was really bad, but the rest was mild thankfully. Still have a little coughing and phlegm.

Turns out I have some photos and files missing from my computer. Trying to find and get them back. Some files are on my computer but I just can’t find them! They show up in a search, but don’t show where they are. Will try copying and pasting to pull them out of hiding. There was one folder of family and friends that was no longer on my computer that I was able to restore from my back up drive. Glad to get that one back. My back up isn’t working right either and I have to delete old backups before I can get that running correctly. I’d like to organize my files better and delete stuff I really don’t want or need anymore. In the future I really should make sure anything important or sentimental is backed up on several back up devices. I will try not to worry so much about the rest of the stuff.

Work has been frustrating this week, so I’m glad I have off this weekend. Hope everyone here has a good weekend.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Muledeer said:

Did you know that most cold and flu germs are contracted by your hand contact with sick people or the inanimate objects (fomites) they have touched?

I know!  I often hold kindergarteners' hands during the day, and I always wash my hands afterwards.  Sometimes there's a delay between the handholding and when I can get to a sink, so during that time I make sure I at least don't touch my face.  Especially eyes, nose, mouth.

my thermometer said it got down to 1.6 F or about -19 C.

Crikey!

• Like 7

No low temperatures here this week, but it certainly likes to rain. 

@Gentle Giant, I back photos onto either a disc or a USB stick (or you can use The Cloud - OneDrive etc) 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

I had a cold start up last week. One day it was really bad, but the rest was mild thankfully. Still have a little coughing and phlegm.

Turns out I have some photos and files missing from my computer. Trying to find and get them back. Some files are on my computer but I just can’t find them! They show up in a search, but don’t show where they are. Will try copying and pasting to pull them out of hiding. There was one folder of family and friends that was no longer on my computer that I was able to restore from my back up drive. Glad to get that one back. My back up isn’t working right either and I have to delete old backups before I can get that running correctly. I’d like to organize my files better and delete stuff I really don’t want or need anymore. In the future I really should make sure anything important or sentimental is backed up on several back up devices. I will try not to worry so much about the rest of the stuff.

Work has been frustrating this week, so I’m glad I have off this weekend. Hope everyone here has a good weekend.

I remember a computer issue like that as well. I don't recall what I did, but in my non-tech mind it made no sense.

• Like 6

My 91 year old Mom is on her way to the emergency room with neurological problems.   Send positive vibes her way and calming vibes mine.  Its going to be a long day of waiting to hear from my sister about Mom and hoping for the best and worrying about the worst.  Although I can call the hospital and may when I get back from my hike.  I have decided it is better to go on with my day's plans than to sit at home waiting for the news and worrying.   The hike is being led my my good friend, David, so it will be nice to have someone to share this news with and get some emotional support from.

Cathy

• Like 10
22 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

My 91 year old Mom is on her way to the emergency room with neurological problems.   Send positive vibes her way and calming vibes mine.  Its going to be a long day of waiting to hear from my sister about Mom and hoping for the best and worrying about the worst.  Although I can call the hospital and may when I get back from my hike.  I have decided it is better to go on with my day's plans than to sit at home waiting for the news and worrying.   The hike is being led my my good friend, David, so it will be nice to have someone to share this news with and get some emotional support from.

Cathy

Fingers crossed, Cathy! And definitely a good call to do something rather than sit at home and worry.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

And definitely a good call to do something rather than sit at home and worry.

yes

Especially since you, @cdrdash, can share with a friend and get some support.

Best wishes to you and your mom!

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

Send positive vibes her way and calming vibes mine.

Wishing the very best to both of you!  *hugs*

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

definitely a good call to do something rather than sit at home and worry.

YES!  Sitting home worrying has no effect whatsoever on your mom’s situation, and only a negative effect on yours.

As a world-class worrier I know of what I speak.  :)

• Like 6