Ooh, happy birthday!

• Like 6
10 hours ago, daveb said:

Enjoying my birthday week. :D 

your birthweek, surely? :)

Have a good one.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, MandyBOB said:

Happy birthday from around the world!! Have some cake 🎂 : )

That's a lovely idea! Enjoy these international offerings @daveb

• Like 6
Spoiler

20191006-124658.jpg

20191006-124639.jpg

20191006-124626.jpg

This is Echo Reservoir, created by Echo Dam; it is located above Echo Junction (I-80 and I-84), at the mouth of Echo Canyon, near the town of Echo.  Utah.

I drive by this lake all the time, but today, it looked especially pretty so I stopped at the scenic overlook and snapped a photo.  The white spots in the top photo are waterfowl.

• Like 10

Back from Algonquin Provincial Park on Friday. Picked the wrong week, forecast is for sun and warmer temperatures. We had single digits on the metric scale.

Spent most of today and Saturday outside doing some odd jobs at our woodlot and north of home for the snowmobile club.

• Like 6

@Muledeer, @cdrdash, great scenery in both places

I should have my car back later today (£2200 later) and get earning again 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Was. :)

I saw a photo of old faithful posted by another Avenite on another platform. Did they happen to take your pic????

• Like 7
On 10/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, daveb said:

Enjoying my birthday week. :D 

Happy birthday, daveb!  I'm a little late for the actual day, but just in time for the week.  Thanks for making being timely so easy.

And...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiIdHrFUwe_rcvCYz5F4c

(Sorry not sorry for sneaking the first bite. :ph34r:)

• Like 8
34 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

Sorry not sorry for sneaking the first bite.

Quality control is important!

• Like 6

Got back from the airport a little after midnight local time last night, then had an afternoon sub job today.  I planned a nice sleep-in this morning--which I got--but I'm still surprisingly sleepy.  But...I had a wonderful time in Southern Utah at the campout wedding.  Such a blast.  My son and I headed to Arches National Park for some hiking Saturday morning, and who should we run into in the parking lot but some of our best friends from Northern Utah!  Wha...?!  This is the family that was our second family when my kids were little--our kids grew up together.  So we got to hike to Delicate Arch and spend a wonderful few hours with them before heading back to our campground for the wedding ceremony.

Which was also just amazing.  This was a two-bride wedding with lots of queer and queer-friendly guests in attendance, which is where my son and I feel the most comfortable.  The ceremony was right in the campground, with slickrock as beautiful backdrop, then there were cocktails, dinner, toasts, cake and champagne, fire dancers, sparklers, music and dancing, and talking and laughing around a campfire.  People could wear absolutely anything they wanted--there was everything from shorts, jeans, coveralls, fancy dress and jewelry, cowboy boots, casual mermaid*, whatever.  I had gotten hot and sweaty on our hike and had wanted to find a KOA with a shower before the wedding, but we barely made it back in time for the ceremony so I just wore what I'd worn hiking--short skirt and t-shirt with cut-off sleeves (and dried sweat of course).  I only mention this to stress how fun/comfortable/relaxed the event was--I fit right in.

(*That would be my son, casual mermaid.)

• Like 10
16 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

I saw a photo of old faithful posted by another Avenite on another platform. Did they happen to take your pic????

Could be.

14 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

Happy birthday, daveb!  I'm a little late for the actual day, but just in time for the week.  Thanks for making being timely so easy.

And...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiIdHrFUwe_rcvCYz5F4c

(Sorry not sorry for sneaking the first bite. :ph34r:)

Thanks! :D (I'm planning on making a cake and some good food this week; probably today)

13 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

(*That would be my son, casual mermaid.)

Cool :D Sounds like some good hiking and a good wedding.

Yeah, I had a great time visiting @faraday☘! She is a great host and a great friend! :D  We went to Yellowstone and to the Grand Tetons (I saw some Pronghorn Antelopes off to the side of the road there, and we saw a good few bison in Yellowstone, as well as deer in both places, and other critters). Fantastic scenery in both places and plenty of good trails for hiking (we stuck to shorter hikes at a variety of locations, rather than day-long or overnight hiking).

I felt like I ate a lot, but when I weighed myself upon my return home I am happy to say I didn't seem to gain any weight (I guess all the walking helped offset all the eating :lol: ), and now I can get back on track with losing some more weight without having to backtrack. :D 

• Like 7

Belated happy birthday, @daveb, and your latest travel explorations with @faraday☘ sound fun and invigorating. By now you’re both practically your own tour company—Faradave Adventures? :P

@pickles mcgee, glad to hear you enjoyed your own recent hiking, and the wedding sounds like a blast.

I’m trying to nip a brewing cold in the bud today without resorting to medicine. I’m going through lots of green tea and throat lozenges, and perhaps will add in some chocolate for good measure. Can’t hurt? :)

• Like 10

My usual car commute took me twice as long today.  My usual drive home is 7 minutes.  It was longer today because there was an overturned truck on 101 right next door to my workplace and everyone decided to get off 101 and drive past my workplace to get around the wreck!  So I had to wait in a long line of cars to make my left turn to get out of work campus.  Once I managed that turn, it was back to a normal commute.   I got news of the truck wreck by listening to National Public Radio.  They pop in about every 10 minutes of so with traffic reports during rush hour.   I chose not to walk to work today as I was super tired this morning.  I did seem to revive fairly quickly once I got some coffee in me at work.  Perhaps I should do coffee at home to get myself walking again!!  The traffic would not have affected my walk!!

• Like 7

Thanks, @Semisweet!

Well, I made myself a chocolate cake (devil's food from a mix, with dark chocolate frosting from a plastic tub) and birthday dinner today, so you're still within the window for birthday celebrations/greetings. :D 

My throat is feeling a bit funky. I hope I didn't pick up a bug while traveling.

• Like 7

Yes 56; attracted to Asian men romantically. 

Going into my tenth year of Asexuality- though it dwindled since 2000.

used to consider myself gay and even had “sexual addiction” which may sound REALLY confusing but think of it as “looking for romance by having a lot of sex that I didn’t enjoy myself but wanted to please others to get affection” 

I was recently in a relationship with a celibate man but it didn’t work out because he is sexual and guilt ridden. 

anyone in Vancouver? 

• Like 6

Autumn has definitely kicked in here, cool damp mornings ugh, and the lightest coat is occasionally being broken out. 

Talking of autumn, @Autumn Sunrise, wish @catsaregood  happy birthday 🎂 🎂.

@codystrum, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

@cdrdash, hope nobody was hurt. That would probably add an hour to a trip here 

• Like 6