anyone past 50 on here?

Hello ladies, gents, and others. I am back (you lucky ducks) after a close to a failed relationship. It feels great to be back home. I hope everyone is doing well. 

• Like 5

Had fun walking at Shoreline this morning.  Here is a video of a tumble weed well, tumbling, at a high speed due to the high winds.   I made it public and I hope that is enough so you can all view it.

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, cdrdash said:

Had fun walking at Shoreline this morning.  Here is a video of a tumble weed well, tumbling, at a high speed due to the high winds.   I made it public and I hope that is enough so you can all view it.

Cool!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

I got an SLL error on AVEN saying its certificate expired yesterday...

Yeah; the tech team has been notified. Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon!. :) 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

I kept getting a notice that it was an unsafe site and could compromise my computer.

Yep, same thing Ryn and I and many others have gotten. If you don't feel safe you could try again tomorrow and see if the tech team has gotten it sorted out by then. It's probably fine though.

This was just posted:

• Like 7

Had lunch on Friday with a female friend that I keep in touch with via phone and social media but we don't get together very often. Even since I came out as asexual to a male friend, I've wanted to tell her. She hadn't heard about it but then had an 'a ha' moment of her own. Apparently she'd had a pretty in depth heart to heart conversation with a girl friend recently who told her she had never had any interest in sex. My friend wondered if her friend could possibly be asexual. 

We've known each other for about 15 years (a couple of years prior to me discovering asexuality). We had quite a chat about it and when I told her her that I hoped that this wouldn't affect our friendship, she said it wouldn't in the least. As far as she was concerned it had no effect on me as a person in her eyes. 

• Like 10

I got the message about the site being unsafe but I could not figure out how to go to the site anyways.  There was no "take the risk" option I could find.  So I just decided to wait it out and that worked. I think there is a way but I was too tired to figure it out.

• Like 6
BobRossRules

That video reminds me of my neck of the woods, we get tumbleweeds all the time!!

I don't have any problems getting numbed at the dentist, and don't really mind.  I like the getting high part from the nitrous :lol:

Welcome back @tase!!

• Like 7

Round here tumbleweed would blow away before it grew 😋 😋 

@Tunhope, yup I know that bit of A2/M2 well. Especially the single track bit near Lydden where people from overseas get confused and drive on the wrong side of the road.

I'm off to Dublin, and grumping because there's nowhere in Gatwick departure lounge to get a decent coffee. 

• Like 5
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Welcome back @tase, have some regulation 🍰

Love that tumbleweed , it reminds me of some wag on another thread who posted a similar piece of video to describe their sex life...😄

I watched 'I Daniel Blake' today and was in paroxysms of mirth watching the scene where he uses a computer for the first time....'just run your mouse up the screen...' that's me to a T! I recently filled out an email survey form about management at my workplace and sent it widely, with my name unredacted...good job I always stand by my words!😆

Haven't had any safety warnings about AVEN yet, although some threads need safety warning alerts!

I don’t get any high from novocaine.  :(

The warning message usually has a “details” link or button.  The option to bypass the warning is towards the end of the details.

• Like 6

It got VERY blustery here late in the evening. I was starting to wonder if the roof would get blown off or something, but everything looks fine this morning. A nice rainy morning and a good morning for being lazy and cozy.

I never thought of driving as an enjoyable experience in and of itself. I just like the ability to go where I want when I want/need to. More of a necessary activity than a pleasurable pastime for me. I would love a self-driving car (then I could close my eyes when going over bridges and such). :P Although, I wonder if I will ever have one in my lifetime.

• Like 6

Tumbleweed really does tumble! I hadn't realised. Thank you for the video @cdrdash .

Mm- I envy you that Dublin trip @Skycaptain.  You're going to Hoath headland, I think. I walked around it a couple of years ago - well, mostly around it. The mist rolled in and I had to leave the path and get onto a road cos I couldn't see. Very atmospheric. Have a good journey ( and plenty of Guinness?)

• Like 7

My previous employer had a site in a tumbleweed-prone area.  Tumbleweed used to do a lot of minor damage to cars in the parking lot.

• Like 6

Think I misspelt that Irish headland, but too much time has elapsed for me to edit it. How large can these balls of tumbleweed get?  The one in the video looks about half a metre (half a yard. I voted Remain (Brexit) and  so I'm using metric )

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

Think I misspelt that Irish headland, but too much time has elapsed for me to edit it. How large can these balls of tumbleweed get?  The one in the video looks about half a metre (half a yard. I voted Remain (Brexit) and  so I'm using metric )

Howth?

They can get to be over a meter in diameter, maybe more.

• Like 6

My friend gathered up all the tumbleweeds on his land into a pile then set them on fire.  Problem was, the smoke and fire created its own breeze, and the wind also came up, and the whole thing started to blow like one giant flaming tumbleweed 20 feet in diameter,  It began to blow away from his property and threaten the neighbors' structures.  He had to call the fire department.   Sorry for the wayward tag below @ryn2  I was going to respond to one of your earlier posts and got sidetracked and now I can't delete it.

@ryn2

• Like 7
BobRossRules
14 hours ago, ryn2 said:

don’t get any high from novocaine.  :(

The novocaine just numbs you, it won't make you high.  However, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) does.  At least to some degree.  It affects people differently, mostly a relaxing sensation.  

Idaho Falls had a bunch of snow fall last night  I had to do some plowing today!!

• Like 6

When I left my hotel at 0330 it was 12°c, so not used to that heat 😋 😋 

@daveb, @Tunhope, yes it was the Howth peninsula. Had a wander round the transport museum and along the coast with four AVEN pals. Getting five of us (not all of slimline build) into a Ford Fiesta was a bit of a squeeze.

Only one Guinness, we found a craft ale bar, much more interesting 

• Like 7
Guest Jetsun Milarepa
12 hours ago, ryn2 said:

Yeah, the parking lot attackers were taller than SUV hoods.

I had to recap on the previous page before I realised the above comment wasn't about people!😄

11 hours ago, Muledeer said:

My friend gathered up all the tumbleweeds on his land into a pile then set them on fire.  Problem was, the smoke and fire created its own breeze, and the wind also came up, and the whole thing started to blow like one giant flaming tumbleweed 20 feet in diameter,  It began to blow away from his property and threaten the neighbors' structures.  He had to call the fire department.   Sorry for the wayward tag below @ryn2  I was going to respond to one of your earlier posts and got sidetracked and now I can't delete it.

@ryn2

Wow! What a scare! That must have looked like the Stonehaven fireball Festival!😲

We don't have exciting moving plant matter (not even Triffids) here, but all the spring bulbs in  my garden have grown 3-6 inches this week. In January. 

7 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

The novocaine just numbs you, it won't make you high.  However, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) does.  At least to some degree.  It affects people differently, mostly a relaxing sensation.  

Ohhhh, okay.  I thought I was missing out!  My dentist won’t give nitrous routinely, and it always requres a driver.

• Like 6
On 1/6/2019 at 1:13 AM, cdrdash said:

...  Here is a video of a tumble weed well, tumbling, at a high speed due to the high winds.   I made it public and I hope that is enough so you can all view it.

I liked the video, there's nothing like that around here, I only know it from old cowboy movies. 🙂

• Like 6
10 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

Triffids

Ha! :D What a day that was.

• Like 7