anyone past 50 on here?

BobRossRules
11 hours ago, Blissful_Sins said:

OMFG SKYCAPTIAN, FOR SHAME xd

I still dunno what you're talking about tho, I'm trying to figure it out but oh well, you said its dirty so FOR SHAME

I don't know either, even though I started this whole bean stuff.:lol:  I'm assuming fart stuff.:P  All the black beans are gone now...too bad.  However, I'm making some garbanzo beans (chickpeas).  I'm going to make a creamy casserole out of them later.  

The temperatures are a little cooler today.  Nonetheless, I'm brewing some sun tea on my porch now.

@EarthMama I hope that footbridge gets repaired soon.  What a lovely sight!! 

• Like 10
Blissful_Sins
Just now, faraday☘ said:

I don't know either, even though I started this whole bean stuff.:lol:  I'm assuming fart stuff.:P  All the black beans are gone now...too bad.  However, I'm making some garbanzo beans (chickpeas).  I'm going to make a creamy casserole out of them later.  

The temperatures are a little cooler today.  Nonetheless, I'm brewing some sun tea on my porch now.

@EarthMama I hope that footbridge gets repaired soon.  What a lovely sight!! 

Ughhh I hate vegetables (except potatoes and broccoli) and you're making all this veggy stuff Im dead, but I read creamy and I like creamy food xd 

• Like 9
BobRossRules
Just now, Blissful_Sins said:

Ughhh I hate vegetables (except potatoes and broccoli) and you're making all this veggy stuff Im dead, but I read creamy and I like creamy food xd 

It will have broccoli and potatoes in it.  

• Like 7
Blissful_Sins
Just now, faraday☘ said:

It will have broccoli and potatoes in it.  

Wait lemme figure out how to teleport and I'll be right there 😂

• Like 8
BobRossRules
8 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

Wait lemme figure out how to teleport and I'll be right there 😂

A stargate would work good too.  

6 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

@faraday☘ is feeding us all this week!

Yep, come on over!!  

• Like 8
Blissful_Sins
Just now, faraday☘ said:

Yep, come on over!!  

Where am I gonna find a stargate on such short notice D;

• Like 7
Just now, faraday☘ said:

Or a TARDIS...

• Like 9
Blissful_Sins
2 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Or a TARDIS...

Ryn I lost my TARDIS ;-; Plus I might be 10 years early or 10 years late

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

You're one up on me. I like potatoes, but not broccoli. :lol:

(the other main "veg" I like is corn/maize - and I will eat salads, uncooked carrots or celery, and dishes made with tomato sauce, such as pasta, pizza, enchiladas)

• Like 8
Blissful_Sins
Just now, daveb said:

You're one up on me. I like potatoes, but not broccoli. :lol:

(the other main "veg" I like is corn/maize - and I will eat salads, uncooked carrots or celery, and dishes made with tomato sauce, such as pasta, pizza, enchiladas)

I can't remember the last time I ate a salad wth

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

I can't remember the last time I ate a salad wth

I practically never make them myself, nor do I ever really order one, but occasionally if I'm out somewhere and they come with the meal I will probably eat at least some of it (salad dressing helps make them edible :lol: ).

• Like 7
Blissful_Sins
5 minutes ago, daveb said:

I practically never make them myself, nor do I ever really order one, but occasionally if I'm out somewhere and they come with the meal I will probably eat at least some of it (salad dressing helps make them edible :lol: ).

Speaking of ordering, never get salad delivereddddd, somehow it tastes different than just straight up ordering it at a restaurant like what

• Like 7
On 7/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, daveb said:
On 7/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, pickles mcgee said:
On 7/6/2018 at 11:53 AM, Thea2 said:

Boring is good, I think. :)

As the (robot) saying goes, "Does Not Compute."

As I see it, it means what many people would consider boring, but some of us (mostly introverts?) consider relaxing and enjoyable. There's not much to "write home about", and it wouldn't make for interesting workplace "how as your weekend" types of conversations. It's more like "what did you do today?", "nothing much". I couldn't always even say where all the time went. And part of it could be what my grandfather used to call "coasting". :D 

Oh!  I was thinking that the person themself would think of it as boring, so didn't understand why that would be good.  But if it includes things that other people might find boring, or things that wouldn't make for good office water cooler chat, then count me in.  I love to putter!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Blissful_Sins said:

Ryn I lost my TARDIS ;-; Plus I might be 10 years early or 10 years late

Good point!

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

These mosquitos are eating me alive Omfg 

This was me last night.  So Many Bites.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

This was me last night.  So Many Bites.

Me too!  And the night before.  At the risk of talking about something interesting (haha!), I've just come back from beach camping at a place I've been to many times before.  Have never had a problem with mosquitoes there, but the ranger said I just haven't come at the right time.  She said they hatch out after the rains and then the winds eventually move them along.  Luckily the other campers in my group thought to bring bug spray, but I still managed to get quite a few bites.  

• Like 8
Autumn Sunrise

Mosquitoes - ugh!! Thank goodness it's winter here :lol:

Speaking of which: It's almost 9am, but it's so cold (-1.8 Celsius, according to the local weather station) that I'm still in bed. I doubt if the chickens really want to run around in all that thick frost I observed on my way to the bathroom, and they have plenty of grain and water in their house. I'll go up and let them out when it gets a bit warmer- say, above freezing, and maybe with a bit of sunshine :D We lost our last little "Golden Girl" a couple of nights ago :( She was old, and we've had a series of cold frosty nights; maybe she just couldn't take it any more, even though it's significantly warmer in the house than outside. 

On a more cheerful note, the (newish) kittens are doing well - very cheeky, and very entertaining, and almost twice the size they were when they first arrived! Gemma seems to have established a kind of armed truce with them, but Tosca still growls if they come too close to her special place. They don't seem to mind, though :lol:

• Like 10
Autumn Sunrise

PS Only -0.7 degrees now :D Do I have to get up?

• Like 9

The weird spring weather here seems to have resulted in extra mosquitoes.  I’m told the biting flies are out early in the Adirondacks and Algonquin too.

It was more than 32C warmer than that here today, @Autumn Sunrise.  We should average. 

• Like 7

I was thinking Gemma like gemstone, not Gemma like gamma, but now I’m wondering too.

• Like 7
57 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

I was thinking Gemma like gemstone

That's the way I always thought it was pronounced (not sure if I ever heard anyone say it, but it makes sense to me that it would be similar to gem). :) 

• Like 7
Gentle Giant

I had a bug bite on my neck that was bothersome, finally healed up and I got bit 2 more times higher up and it was back to being bothersome again! It’s much better today though.

• Like 6
Autumn Sunrise

Soft "G", @pickles mcgee and @ryn2 - like "gemstone". I had a girl called Gemma in my class at primary school - that's how I know :D Which one were you hoping for, pickles?

• Like 7

I really do love them both, and thought it was like Jemma most likely, but was hoping a bit for Gemma. 😊

I love names in general.  I get to hear so many great ones through my teaching and meeting so many batches of new kids each year.  Portland is pretty famous for being a hippie/hipster enclave, and lots of the names are beautiful and amazing.  

• Like 9

All the Gemmas I've known have used the soft G. 

Happy days, temperatures are back to the low twenties for a few days, rather than thirty plus. Now, if only there was the possibility of some rain.. 

Boo for bugbites, it's getting to that season around here. 

• Like 7