anyone past 50 on here?

10 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

@Thea2 I like the new avi.  

Thank you 8)

10 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

Congrats on the update, it's always cool discovering new stuff about yourself.  I have yet to figure it out myself.  

It's an ongoing thing for me. :D They can put my label on my grave plus: here lies Thea, this is as far as she got in the quest for true self :lol: It's all good fun though. 

... puns, ...  I ... have a hard time understanding them at first... But once I get it, then I enjoy them, but it's a delayed laughter.:blink:  

"at first" :lol:  "at 10th" for me. Sometimes I ask for clues, other times I just give up. 8)

Oh, it just started raining here!  I like the rain!

I like rain too. 8)

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Muledeer said:

@EarthMamaI used E cigs to help me quit smoking several years ago.  I never really got the satisfaction from vaping that I did from smoking.  Sure glad I quit, though.  I remember more than one time I thought that I had "blew a lung" from smoking too much.

Vaping weed? yea, that is really a thing now.  I tried it once last summer and.....wow... it is very different than smoking it.  And then there's the "edibles" that you can buy in the weed stores in Colorado.....chocolate bars or candies or drinks infused with THC......that can be a five hour adventure!

I've had vaping gear of one type or another in my hands for 9 years now...and no plans to give it up.  I've brought my nicotine levels down to the 3mg/ml though, so I'm happy with that.  

Never really got into the THC or MJ scene (cop's daughter, that programming runs deep), although I have no issues with those who wish to partake (OK, not THAT deep :D ).  I figure substances that alter reality shouldn't be forbidden, but a choice of the individual as long as they do no harm to others while on their trip.

11 hours ago, vega57 said:

*rolls up sleeves* 

LOL!  Don’t get too cocky just yet, Tja.  After all, toucan  play at this game!

You must be high as a kite to think you could just snipe at me with that little speech of yours.  Not too swift of you!   

After all, don’t you know that the first cardinal rule about puns is that they have to be…loony?  You’d have to be cuckoo not to know that! 

And even though that speech was a little ruff, you won’t be robin me of the spotlight anytime soon.    

It’s obvious that you’re just parroting others and anyone with an eagle eye can see right through you.

So, it would probably be in your best interest to stop raven about it...

...and don't even think about getting my hackles up!  

*drops mic* :lol::lol:

(p.s.--what you wrote was pure genius!  :))

6c3.gif

Encore?

• Like 6
12 hours ago, vega57 said:

drops mic

I don't know if I can swallow much more of you people hawking your puns.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, daveb said:

I don't know if I can swallow much more of you people hawking your puns.

So is this your swan song on this subject? 

• Like 8
45 minutes ago, Semisweet said:

So is this your swan song on this subject? 

I don't want to be robin anyone of their accolades.

• Like 7
On 3/21/2018 at 11:07 AM, Skycaptain said:

Skipping the bird puns from heron in, the good news is that the more sensationalist media are threatening us with a white easter, we have a hike planned for Easter :(

Omg I was just randomly reading this thread and I saw you say you were getting threatened with a 'white Easter' and I was thinking.. "where is everyone who isn't white going?" D: ..then I realized you meant snow. I need to stop listening to political debates on YouTube :P

18 hours ago, vega57 said:

*rolls up sleeves* 

LOL!  Don’t get too cocky just yet, Tja.  After all, toucan  play at this game!

You must be high as a kite to think you could just snipe at me with that little speech of yours.  Not too swift of you!   

After all, don’t you know that the first cardinal rule about puns is that they have to be…loony?  You’d have to be cuckoo not to know that! 

And even though that speech was a little ruff, you won’t be robin me of the spotlight anytime soon.    

It’s obvious that you’re just parroting others and anyone with an eagle eye can see right through you.

So, it would probably be in your best interest to stop raven about it...

...and don't even think about getting my hackles up!  

*drops mic* :lol::lol:

(p.s.--what you wrote was pure genius!  :))

bowing.gif

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, Thea2 said:

@FictoVore. :lol: It’s funny to see you on this thread  :D Welcome and have some cake 🍰🍰🍰:lol:

Thanks!! I'll be 30 in September so then I'll only have to wait another 20 years before I can actively partake in this thread ! I feel like a total imposer right now by the way :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

... I feel like a total imposer right now by the way :ph34r:

Ha, ha, no need to. You don’t have to be over 50 to be on this thread. :D 

• Like 5

thankyu for keeping it simple for people like me lol n its nice to meet you,,,,,,,, I just came out tonight but wished I would have waited in

til the weekend to come out with everyone face to face then drinking a shot of yagermeister lol to celebrate with my ...place in the world...I'm not broken I'm special :}

• Like 9

@miacor5, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

I think coming out is easier than a shot of Jagermeister :P:P

Sheeba, tabby cat is not very popular at the moment. She decided to start playing with a mouse toy at around 0300, and meowing very loudly whilst doing so -_-

• Like 7
50 minutes ago, Thea2 said:

@miacor5 Welcome to AVEN 🍰

I voted yesterday in the local elections, and ‘my’ party (no final results yet) seems to have done quite well 😊 They have an English translation on https://www.partyfortheanimals.nl/

Well, that was a fascinating read.  I have never heard of the Party for the Animals.  Ending ritual slaughter (mandating the stunning of all animals), buying cows' freedoms and ending pig tail docking are just three items on their agenda.  And their agenda is much broader than domestic animal protection.  I think it is a great idea - after all, the animals can't represent themselves so somebody needs to step up for them.  I can't really see that movement taking hold in the USA because of the limitations or our two-party political system.  In fact, it would likely be laughed off the ballot in Wyoming.   

• Like 8
11 hours ago, miacor5 said:

thankyu for keeping it simple for people like me lol n its nice to meet you,,,,,,,, I just came out tonight but wished I would have waited in

til the weekend to come out with everyone face to face then drinking a shot of yagermeister lol to celebrate with my ...place in the world...I'm not broken I'm special :}

Welcome to our little slice of the interwebz.  How about more :cake:?  

Yaknow...everyone who joins us ends up gaining a couple of pounds :D 

4 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I think coming out is easier than a shot of Jagermeister :P:P

Most things in life are easier with a shot of jager...and it keeps the porcelain god (who's name is Ralph) fed. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Muledeer said:

...  I think it is a great idea - after all, the animals can't represent themselves ...

... it would likely be laughed off the ballot in Wyoming.   

Thank you very much for your positive comment. 8)

There's quite a bit of 'laughing off' going on here as well. But as the party keeps on getting more and more votes, it gets less so. :lol: :lol:

• Like 6
BobRossRules
On 3/20/2018 at 10:40 PM, pickles mcgee said:

Is that where you are--Idaho Falls?  We are driving, but we head south after Burley, so we'll miss you by quite a bit.

Yep, I live in Idaho Falls.  

@miacor5 Welcome!!

@chandrakirti I recently watched some of Gary Yourofsky's presentations.  I agree with much of what he advocates for, but I also don't condone his violent approach.  I appreciate his statement about humans, which are the only species if were completely wiped out of existence, the earth would benefit and flourish.  Pretty much anything else, such as sea life or bees, the loss would be devastating to our planet.    

@Thea2 Party for the Animals seems to be right up my ally!:)  @Muledeer It would be laughed off the ballot here in Idaho as well.  I like your new avi!

• Like 8
On 3/21/2018 at 4:21 AM, Thea2 said:

:lol: And 14 miles by foot or plane too. :cake:

No, it's 9 miles as the crow flies, but 14 miles of roads.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

So about 14.48 kilometers by jetpack?

• Like 8
Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, @miacor5 :cake: :cake: :cake: I'm sure you've realised by now that we're a pretty mad lot, but it's a nice madness :D Hope you have fun here!

We've gone from heatwave to (almost) winter here. Thankfully we didn't get the catastrophic rainfalls that some areas had, but we've had enough to wet the gardens nicely and fill up the dam and water tanks. All our harvests seem to be coming at once, so we've been making lots of pasta sauce, with all the tomatoes that our four plants (plus a couple of volunteers) and three eggplants, produced. I planted fewer tomato plants this year, hoping for a more manageable harvest, but they've been extremely giving! It's a good thing we like pasta dinners, because I think we'll be eating a lot of them this winter. We had a massive plum harvest. . . I think we've enough home-made plum jam to last us for several years :lol: (have to do lots of sharing and swapping!) We also had scores of "Golden Queen" peaches, so I've been busy cooking and freezing them for winter puddings :P Plenty of apples still coming on as well! Who's idea was it to plant all those fruit trees?? Whoops, I think it was mine :o :lol: As a former townie, I had no idea how much one small tree could (and would) produce. Ah well, whatever else happens, we won't starve!

*cats* and I are going into the city tomorrow, to take part in a huge (hopefully!) Climate March. Lots of farmers coming in from all over the state, and apparently many of them are floating horses in for the march, so it should be spectacular. Now we just need to make sure we behave ourselves and don't get arrested :lol:

• Like 10
6 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

Oops, forgot about that 8)

4 hours ago, Autumn Sunrise said:

... lots of pasta sauce, ... enough home-made plum jam to last us for several years ... scores of "Golden Queen" peaches, ... Plenty of apples still coming on ..

Yummy!

... we won't starve!

:lol: That’s the impression I got. :D

... we just need to make sure we behave ourselves and don't get arrested :lol:

:lol: Enjoy  :)

• Like 6
BobRossRules

After breakfast, I saw my dogs devouring one of my pepper plants with several peppers on them.  I discovered they also ate most of the peppers of the other plant too.  So far, they've been leaving them alone and they didn't seem interested.  I guess I need to work at keeping them out, maybe putting a dog gate in.  I did some training to detour them after the incident.  I suppose as the peppers ripened, it smelled pretty good?  Anyway, here are some pictures of my indoor garden (what's left anyway).:D

Spoiler

29497991_2027835217542536_1087355173202606100_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9c07b8f6509000268ac2b622a67f698d&oe=5B29A23F

29511071_2027829837543074_2943816797646612993_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=99fcfe1e90549e562a213e29dea0172c&oe=5B2A0BF7

29541934_2027829660876425_3607049098841500871_n.jpg?oh=99bc5ec57e3b7ef101c9b6148bf1d4b6&oe=5B44EE29

This was the guilty party, look how proud she is:lol:

Spoiler

29511932_2027837137542344_1327786313065883894_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f34561b8404be5a0be93872ee2e78938&oe=5B2C8CCC

• Like 12