anyone past 50 on here?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 53! I was so happy and relieved when I first found out about asexuality. For the first time, I felt like a normal person. It was so nice to find out I was not alone. :)

Adrienne.Felicia

I just got here and I'm setting up. I'm back in school, so I'm busy a lot, but I'd like to start some e-friendships. Most of the other people I know are not interested in what interests me.

I'm 51 years old and starting a new career in health information technology.

My name is Adrienne--I have to set up my signature!

May I ask, can you flip a pancake?

Not without a turner/spatula. My Dad used to be able to flip pancakes without the aid of utensils.

You are not alone in the "people who don't share my interests" club. But my motto has always been "Dare to be different".

That's simple - never!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

this

(growing up is overrated)

56, and discovered this network - and the concept - yesterday. What a relief!

welcome and have some :cake:! I know what you mean about the relief.

Welcome Quercus have some more welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: . It's a wonderfully liberating feeling to realize you aren't alone - and you're most definitely among friends here :D

Never ever ever grow up, whatever else you do! Growing up is deadly. :P

I do admire someone going back to school when past 50. I am thinking on that myself....

Finding myself

56, and discovered this network - and the concept - yesterday. What a relief!

Welcome! Many of us felt the same when we found AVEN. It is great! Have some welcome :cake: - enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Pinning this thread as well - after all there are fewer in this age group and it may get lost. :D

Tanwen

Older Asexuals Mod

Hi I'm 57, soon to be 58 and never knew such a site existed. Thought I was the only one. Glad I'm not. Love connecting with intelligent and caring people. It seems that our society offers two options...a sexual relationship or a lonely life. Don't like either of those options. So I have a lot of pets!

This is a new experience. Never talked to other asexual people. Thought I was all alone. Would like to connect to others with my same orientation. Our society seems to only offer two alternatives -- a sex-centered relationship or isolation. Is there another option? So I have a lot of pets and pray a lot.

5_♦♣

Just think, there's probably 30 decades of people still alive out there who have no idea that there is a name for something they've felt all their lives.

30 decades? Last I checked, that's 300 years. And who has ever lived that long?

Just think, there's probably 30 decades of people still alive out there who have no idea that there is a name for something they've felt all their lives.

30 decades? Last I checked, that's 300 years. And who has ever lived that long?

:redface: I don't even know what I should have said. *is braindead*

Oh, I probably meant to say...no, I still don't know, except that there are lots of old people who don't know what to call themselves, except "bad at sex".

welcome, bmango! No, you are not alone. :) Have some :cake:

I'm 60, looking for friends I can meet IRL (In Real Life.)

I just did my profile and my sig three times, don't know how to get my gender and location under my avatar.

5_♦♣

Go to your profile, click on edit profile. From there, fill in the gender and location boxes.

Welcome and :cake: , volvox!

That's the beauty of AVEN :cake: - it's whatever kind you like. so if you like lots of frosting it has it. :)

(I love dark chocolate cake:, with lots of dark chocolate frosting.) :D

Welcome and :cake: , volvox!

That's the beauty of AVEN :cake: - it's whatever kind you like. so if you like lots of frosting it has it. :)

(I love dark chocolate cake:, with lots of dark chocolate frosting.) :D

That sounds good. I like that concept - individuality and acceptance.

That sounds good. I like that concept - individuality and acceptance.

yes! :D

Alphaprocess

Yes (just), though I suspect there are fewer still in the English Midlands where I am.

I had this marvelous post all composed in my mind on a walk I took at Shoreline park last Sunday and now it seems to have flitted away to who knows where. I'm tempted to make a joke that its a being past 50 thing but heck this has happened to me most of my life ;) . Perhaps I can squeeze it out by just starting from what I do remember ...

It had to do with rites of passage. I consider my recognizing I was an asexual being a rite of passage for me. Maybe it was musing on what its like to have a rite of passage in my late forties (51 now but was 47 when I declared my asexuality to myself) rather than as a teenager and what the differences might be. Or maybe it was what do I do after my rite of passage and being disappointed that life hasn't changed in a bigger way for me since then. Or was it that I felt so excited after realizing I was asexual and now I felt as if I am returning to normal and sort of missing that initial excitement. Some how I think I have missed the key point I was thinking about. Oh well.

Were you excited by realizing you are asexual? If so, are you still excited or has the novelty faded away and things pretty much returned to normal? Was this realization like a rite of passage for you or more ordinary?

Cathy