anyone past 50 on here?

Hi and welcome...have you had your traditional welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: ? If not, allow me to offer some traditional welcome :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :D

thomwest2634

Welcome, Thom. I hope you find some answers.

Have some :cake: (it's something we do here, because cake is better sex)

thomwest2634

Dave, I lived for years near Santa Monica and Wilcox, in Hollywood and will have fond thoughts of that forever. It's kinda hard to live there and be asexual, y'know? I wish I had the energy now. Are you anywhere near that location? Isn't Southern Cal. GREAT? Lets hear from you soon. Keep on trucking. Thom

thomwest2634

Welcome, Thom. I hope you find some answers.

Have some :cake: (it's something we do here, because cake is better sex)

What?????????????????????? You can't have sex and cake at the same time? And here I've been going without the cake too. dang.

Dave, I lived for years near Santa Monica and Wilcox, in Hollywood and will have fond thoughts of that forever. It's kinda hard to live there and be asexual, y'know? I wish I had the energy now. Are you anywhere near that location? Isn't Southern Cal. GREAT? Lets hear from you soon. Keep on trucking. Thom

Naw, I'm a bit farther east. I'd rather not live too close to LA. ha ha

What?????????????????????? You can't have sex and cake at the same time? And here I've been going without the cake too. dang.

I suppose you could do both, but I'd prefer to concentrate on the latter. :P

Sex is messy enough but sex and cake at the same time would be just terribly gross.

• 2 weeks later...
thomwest2634

I'm really beginning to think you guys are right - it's just that I don't want a self imposed asexuality, or denial of sex, and I'm not sure that isn't what's been happening. At my age, should I care? In a way, because I've only recently begun to "touch" other people and "feel" them "touching" me, as in making contact. It's scary when you've been a tramp for so long. :redface: I may only have a little while left, but an answer that fills the bill would be wonderful. As I said in the "chatroom", whatever the occasion, wonderful Holidays to you all and blessings. thom (remember, I'm 77.) Oy.

• 2 weeks later...

Uaaauuuuuhhhh..there are a lot of asexual people over 50 here!!!!,however,in AVENes,unfortunately there are only 3 people over 40,I am the only with 50 years old,so,I am the older in the web,I don't know why,but in this web all people are very young,teenagers or over the twenties,only a few over the thirties and only 3 over 40.It is a pity,but I can't talk with people so young because we have a very different mentality,I don't know the reason,buy I am very surprised that in this web there are so many people over 50,perhaps in latin countries,only very young people are connected and older people don't.

Ms. Loving Life

Hi everyone. I'm 51 and still in the process of "growing up". LOL. It's nice to see others who think and feel a little like me...and who UNDERSTAND it. :)

Welcome, Ms. Loving Life! (good user name!) :) Have some :cake:

Indeed, I do feel like you and understand it. :)

• 1 month later...

Yes, here. I'm middle-aged 60 (lol).

Just a kid. :cake:

• 4 weeks later...

I am now 50 and a few days...yay... it is funny how your perspective changes, when i was younger, I was campaigning for a more fair society, going on marches, being very political! These days, I just concentrate on surviving from week to week :)

• Like 1

Welcome to you, too, QV! Have some :cake:

(I'm almost midway between 50 and 60. 2 months to go.) :P

• 3 weeks later...

@Thom West: My quote, Thom, is from Henry David Thoreau of whom I had heard but not seriously studied until my favorite male rock musician Tomas Ledin admitted that he had read the man's works as a student. On discovering this, I checked Henry David out and discovered some brilliant quotes and theories which are still relevant today.

Henry was a man well ahead of his time and a brilliant scholar.

The rather infuriating thing is, the over 50s never seem to go to meets.... :)

I went to two about four years ago and was the only person over 30, and much younger people pretty much make up the meet-up group in my area. The only thing we asexuals have in common is...asexuality. A great age difference often means differences in life experiences, attitudes, interests, etc. That doesn't matter on-line, when you can choose what discussions you want to engage in. But an in-person meet is a lot more intense and sustained, and you really need some commonality to make it work. Once you say, "Yeah, I'm asexual too", other stuff has to happen.

I went to two about four years ago and was the only person over 30, and much younger people pretty much make up the meet-up group in my area. The only thing we asexuals have in common is...asexuality. A great age difference often means differences in life experiences, attitudes, interests, etc. That doesn't matter on-line, when you can choose what discussions you want to engage in. But an in-person meet is a lot more intense and sustained, and you really need some commonality to make it work. Once you say, "Yeah, I'm asexual too", other stuff has to happen.

Lol, bless you, yes, unless there is some mutual talking points, an asexual meet with the wrong ingredients, could suddenly seem extremely contrived, inducing a multitude of ahems, copious coughs and much checking of the mobile phone. Haven't had that experience yet, though!

I tend to stick to meets where I know a few people, it really does make it a lot easier. Before I moved away, six or seven years ago, I had friends in the extreme ends of the age groups and further back in the in the early 90s,I went on holiday with a group who were in their 60s to 70s (I was circa 32 then), oh my, were they so much fun to be around, but again, there was a huge area of commonality in our unremitting love of live music.

Friendly pointer to Sally, if a meet is advertised to rendezvous at McDonalds...I think it would be rather judicious to to stay at home :)

Yep, 58 and counting upwards.... :excl:

Welcome and have some :cake:!

I'm over 50 and and also one of the few people that has showed up to meets in my area (and even a bit outside what I would call my "area"). In fact, I've been to 3 AVEN meetups, one younger AVENite (early 20's, I think) also showed up (and was actually the organizer) to all 3. One other young person showed up to 1 of the meetups. We seemed to do alright other than just general awkwardness I feel around anyone new.

I've been to a few - they even had an 'extra' for my 60th birthday...I had the best day out ever! I've started working weekends now, so I haven't been able to.

Hello out there, folks ! :) I look forward to "meeting" fellow over 50's here.

Bloody hell...it's a relief to know others like me are out there who don't feel the need to go through that whole tiresome screeching, panting, groping and laying on sticky wet sheets shtick.

When I was married, I just couldn't and still don't understand the big deal with sex - totally overrated in an increasingly sex-obsessed society. But more than that, as a wife, I felt very burdened by the inescapable male biological need that I was required to fulfill so reluctantly. Dreaded the approach of bed time and the only way I got through it without chucking the poor man off me to the floor each time was to mentally disassociate myself entirely from the present moment.

Needless to say the marriage as such did not last very long and while I was much relieved to be without that chronic sexual tension, my fantasy today is to have a male companion who feels the same as I do - someone who can just enjoy my company without feeling the need to take it ot he next level, so to speak?

Most men I've met are sure not in that category - would be glad to connect with others who feel same way?

Welcome, ecila! (are you in the looking glass?) Have some :cake:

Yep, there are a few of us who don't feel that "inescapable male biological need". :)

• Like 1
... Dreaded the approach of bed time and the only way I got through it without chucking the poor man off me to the floor each time was to mentally disassociate myself entirely from the present moment.

First off, Welcome ecila! (I'm fairly new here myself) Have some :cake: !

Your comment reminded me of the time I told my mother a sex joke (not something that happened often):

What's the difference between a mistress, a lover, and a wife?

The mistress says, "Faster, faster."

The lover says, "Deeper, deeper."

And the wife says, "Beige. I think I'll paint the ceiling beige."

Well my Mom enjoyed the joke a lot more than I expected her to and then told me that when she married my Dad, her own mother advised her to just lie back and think of pleasant memories. That comment made me wonder if my maternal grandmother might have been just a little on the asexual side herself (a genetic link to asexuality, perhaps?).

Anyway, this is a great place to hang out once in a while.

Oh, and BTW, I'll be fifty-one and a half this month.

• Like 1