anyone past 50 on here?

On 1/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, tdot said:

59 in March

Hey, me too.  On March 24th, ☺️

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

@michaeld Oh I’d like to see that Picard show. But isn’t it on Netflix and not on regular TV?

I have some terrible news. My brother died in his sleep. Mom and I are in total shock! I just can’t believe it. He was almost 52.

So sorry for your lose @Gentle Giant.   

• Like 7

@Gentle Giant, sorry to read that horrible news. Our condolences to you.

@cdrdash, thanks for posting the photos

So far Northern Iceland is even more spectacular than the South, although it'll be a while before I get home and find time to upload everything. 

• Like 9

@Leo 6 welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

• Like 7
On 1/24/2020 at 9:25 PM, tdot said:

59 in March

I'm guessing by your username you're from T.O.? 

Welcome to AVEN :cake: from a former Oshawa resident and frequent visitor to Toronto. I still try to get up there a few times each year to cycle along the Waterfront Trail and the Don Valley trails.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Leo 6 said:

Here in Tennessee 56 

Need to know more people like us

Welcome to AVEN :cake: from the Great White North.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, Gentle Giant said:

I have some terrible news. My brother died in his sleep. Mom and I are in total shock! I just can’t believe it. He was almost 52.

Oh, no, @Gentle Giant. I am so sorry. I am just catching up. It must be such a shock. Sending you and your mom condolences.

• Like 8
On 1/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, Midland Tyke said:

😲 how much on-line shopping do you do? 

Only teasing...

Everything I buy is online.  All my household supplies, dog and cat food, even my groceries.  I also buy clothes, etc online.  But only if I can do free returns and exchanges.  

On 1/25/2020 at 9:10 AM, Nick2 said:

Knowing my luck, the dogs would ignore me but the UPS and Fed Ex drivers would be there asking for their treat.

LOL, I should have some people treats on hand!:lol:

• Like 7
On 1/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, michaeld said:

A while ago we were discussing Star Trek on this thread! Anyone watching the new Picard series? The first episode is now out. (I'm saving it till I visit my parents in a few weeks: I always watch star trek with my mother.)

I LOVE Star Trek.  I remember when Patrick Stewart made the announcement at Comic Con about the new Star Trek, and it was so hush-hush regarding the plot.  

I haven't seen Star Trek Discovery either as it's on CBS as well.  That's the only network channel I don't have access to because of streaming conflict with Hulu.  I might just purchase CBS Access for 1 or 2 months and binge them.:D   

• Like 7

Didn't need a crown to repair my tooth. Apparently the dentist was able to fill it like a cavity.

• Like 7

I had a broken tooth extracted yesterday. It only took a minute or so . Today its sore though. No: today it's very sore indeed. I am only eating soft foods like soup and yoghurt but I made some chocolate mousse with Nutella ( hope folk know what that is - a sort of chocolate/ hazel nut spready thing) so now Im a bit happier cos I do like chocolate! Glad you were okay, though @will123

• Like 11
6 hours ago, Tunhope said:

I had a broken tooth extracted yesterday. It only took a minute or so . Today its sore though. No: today it's very sore indeed. I am only eating soft foods like soup and yoghurt but I made some chocolate mousse with Nutella ( hope folk know what that is - a sort of chocolate/ hazel nut spready thing) so now Im a bit happier cos I do like chocolate! Glad you were okay, though @will123

Used to eat Nutella as a kid.

Luckily there was no pain/discomfort from the broken tooth. Unlike one about 15 years ago that my tongue would touch the sharp edges.

• Like 7

@Tunhope, hope you're less sore this morning

It's back to the grindstone after the week off. Already planning Iceland 4, looking to the East Coast next time. Two inhabitants of Sky Towers greeted my return by running straight to their dinner bowls 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Two inhabitants of Sky Towers greeted my return by running straight to their dinner bowls 

They weren't "kitten" around. 😺😺

2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Already planning Iceland 4,

Oooh...tell us more about Iceland 3.  I'd love to see pics.

• Like 8

@pickles mcgee, pics will be a little while, I'm not super quick at uploading them 

• Like 7
6 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

They weren't "kitten" around. 😺😺

I wanted to paws a moment and acknowledge your great pun. It gets me right in the felines.

• Like 8