anyone past 50 on here?

4 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

Feral pigs...wow!!

It was actually kind of tame because the boat operators would feed it (and the raccoons).

Feralpig.jpg

• Like 7

@daveb, that pic is quite the tableau.  Looks like taxidermy. 😂

1 hour ago, daveb said:

5 or 6 days/nights, I think.

I would have loved one more night.  We talked a lot about going to either Poverty Point (an important archaeological site, but a 4-hour drive) or Clark Creek Natural Area (with fifty waterfalls ranging from 10-30 feet high, but a 2 1/2-hour drive).  I could catch one or both of those places next time.

• Like 8

I'm 57 in February 2020.  Oh I guess this is a very old question.  I wish I would've know about asexuality 10 years ago. It would've cleared up a lot of confusion. 

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, angelaesp said:

I wish I would've know about asexuality 10 years ago. It would've cleared up a lot of confusion. 

At least you know now. :)

Welcome and :cake: ! 

• Like 6

Welcome, @angelaesp:cake: :)

@cdrdash I wondered what those things were on the sand, then got to one of your closer shots and zoomed in for a better look to see that they were seals! 

@Muledeer Cute dog!

@daveb I couldn’t see the pig at first, it blended in with the wood. I thought of Rocket Raccoon when I saw the raccoon. Maybe he was looking for Groot?

I got a text message on my phone telling me I need a new phone to continue my service with Tracfone. I did a little searching and Verizon was to end 3G network already at the end of last year, but it has been extended to end this year instead. I have been able to make calls and receive texts. I guess I will have to look for new phones for both mom and I. Hopefully we do have until then end of 2020. Do any of you have or know about this issue? We want a simple flip style phone. Not a smart phone. Hopefully we can get it in the 4G LTE that the article seems to say we need. We really like the phones we have, its annoying that we will have to get something else.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, angelaesp said:

I'm 57 in February 2020.  Oh I guess this is a very old question.  I wish I would've know about asexuality 10 years ago. It would've cleared up a lot of confusion. 

Welcome!  It’s an old but still active thread.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

Hopefully we do have until then end of 2020

That is the new shutdown date Verizon issued last summer, so you should be okay until year end.

I believe all US carriers are dropping 3G. 4G is also quite dated but I have not seen official cutoff dates for it yet.

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

We really like the phones we have, its annoying that we will have to get something else

I felt this way about my iPhone 5S when the battery started failing late last year... but I do have to admit I love the camera, speed, and battery life of my new phone.

• Like 6

@ryn2 I would hope we don't switch to something else and then have to switch again soon if 4G will be discontinued. I wondered if I should just go to 5G but just read that it’s sort of unnecessary and the risk from radiation is much higher. Yikes! I very rarely use cell phone, but still, that is scary.

• Like 4

@angelaesp, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

Our flight to Iceland has been delayed by 32 hours, so we've had a whale of a time rebooking internal transfers, car hire etc. Just hope tomorrow goes smoothly. At least we were able to play tourists around Tunbridge Wells for a while. 

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@angelaesp, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

Our flight to Iceland has been delayed by 32 hours, so we've had a whale of a time rebooking internal transfers, car hire etc. Just hope tomorrow goes smoothly. At least we were able to play tourists around Tunbridge Wells for a while. 

32 hours! Wow, that's a lot. Is it weather related? 

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

the risk from radiation is much higher

The jury is still out on this but the bulk of any exposure risk is from cellular towers... so you wouldn’t be protected by using an older device.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Our flight to Iceland has been delayed by 32 hours

Ugh, what a hassle!

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

@ryn2 I would hope we don't switch to something else and then have to switch again soon if 4G will be discontinued. I wondered if I should just go to 5G but just read that it’s sort of unnecessary and the risk from radiation is much higher. Yikes! I very rarely use cell phone, but still, that is scary.

Could be worse.  You could be using your 5G device under a wind turbine and get cancer along with having bald eagles dropping on your head.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Could be worse.  You could be using your 5G device under a wind turbine and get cancer along with having bald eagles dropping on your head.

🤣🤣🤣

It's a super rainy day in Portland.  I'm baaaaccckk!!!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Why would the eagles be bald? Windturbines blown their feathers off? That would be double bad luck! 😂

I know what bald eagles are btw

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

@cdrdash I wondered what those things were on the sand, then got to one of your closer shots and zoomed in for a better look to see that they were seals! 

Yup.  Harbor seals!   I think they like that beach as humans don't go there (at least rule abiding humans don't go there)  and it is protected from the elements fairly well.  They looked very comfy.  We were standing a few feet away from the cliff's edge observing them and that is where I took the closer shot.

Cathy

• Like 7

Keflavik Airport has basically shut all day because of blizzards 

• Like 5
Just now, Skycaptain said:

Oh no!  Hope you can be on your way--safely--soon.

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

I'm sorry but the first image this brought to mind was a certain photo of your hair on the last Iceland trip. And I was trying to imagine it with added snow

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

I'm sorry but the first image this brought to mind was a certain photo of your hair on the last Iceland trip. And I was trying to imagine it with added snow

🤣 🤣 

• Like 4

Too bad about the blizzard delay, @Skycaptain! Hopefully it lets up enough soon and you can enjoy your Icelandic holiday!

(chuckling at the image @Midland Tyke conjured up :lol: )

Had my coronation this morning. It went very well. They didn't have to adjust the crown at all so I was in and out pretty quick. Spent the rest of the day enjoying a full day of good steady rain. It's still raining even now. :D 

• Like 8

@Muledeer I can't believe you have that photo!!  Per @daveb, the puppy in the front is Marybeth.  She's an English Cream Golden Retriever and the one the background is Isabelle, who is a Yellow Labrador Retriever.  

Since NOLA came up, here's a photo of Samantha at the Zoo.

3-B50-FFD2-8-F46-4-F0-C-894-B-7-A0-A981-C41-C9.jpg

Here is her in her work gear...

1-C466-F9-C-5-D22-44-E7-A851-7534163-CAB

All 3 monsters.....

D75-A6-F09-2-A26-4880-9-C6-E-766-BD0-A671-E2.jpg

• Like 10

That harness pic reminded me of this, from old tv shows:

tumblr_p0oor2DNSG1ui6mc4o1_400.jpg

Samantha is a good dog! :D 

• Like 9