anyone past 50 on here?

That caused confusions :P:P

• Like 6
13 hours ago, daveb said:

Ha! I meant my new crown (on my tooth). :D 

Sort of a coronation al dente. :lol: 

As you are a bit scared of the dentists, does this make you a coronation chicken?

• Like 8

Well, (to spoil the joke, which doesn't quite cross the "pond" - had to look it up) it's not that I am afraid of dentists. It's more that I don't like the discomfort involved. And the cost. :P 

At least getting a crown put on is pretty tame and doesn't require any sort of pain-blocking or drilling.

• Like 4

@Midland TykeGroan :P:P

• Like 4
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Well, (to spoil the joke, which doesn't quite cross the "pond" - had to look it up)

I had to look it up too!

• Like 7

Senses of humour have national boundaries too!

(Should that be sense of humours? Is it like spoonsful and spoonfuls? I don't know. probably doesn't matter.)

• Like 7

Very much enjoyed a visit from one of my old college chums the day before yesterday.   I showed her and her son the Google campus and took them out to dinner in downtown Mountain View.   And now, I am very much enjoying not having house guests and having a cleaner house :P 

• Like 7

It's "Bring your kid to work day" today at Maxar Technlogies and I think at other bay area companies!    It is rather fun to hear giggles all over the office.   It is a good thing I don't have anything to do today that requires lots of concentration as the kids are a bit louder this year than in previous years!   Hearing them makes me smile for the most part.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Tunhope said:

Senses of humour have national boundaries too!

(Should that be sense of humours? Is it like spoonsful and spoonfuls? I don't know. probably doesn't matter.)

I don't know if it's the sense of humor so much as the cultural references. :) 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

I had to look it up too!

For those who don't want to waste time, Coronation Chicken was created to celebrate the coronation of the current Queen, back in the early 1950s. Coronation chicken sandwiches and sandwich filling is very commonly available in the UK.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

Hopefully not chicken!

Hahaha!  Mmmm... cake...🍰🍰🍰

Just finishing up a poker game with some friends here from out of town.  I was one of the two losers, but it's only a $3 buy in. 😊

• Like 7
AllThisTime

Not to be confused with "the" Queen Elizabeth cake. Honestly @will123 I must be a bad Canadian because I didn't know that's what this yummy cake I like so much (cake!) is called. 

Spoiler

IJgWzxQ.jpg

• Like 5

For the record Coronation Chicken is best consumed wearing dark glasses - it's a rather alarming shade of a of orange 

• Like 7

Coconut, yuck. :P 

Coconut is to cake as pineapple is to pizza - turns something really good into something really awful. :P 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, daveb said:

Coconut, yuck. :P 

Coconut is to cake as pineapple is to pizza - turns something really good into something really awful. :P 

I agree on the coconut...blech. And coconut EVERYTHING seems to be the trend these days. But I think your statement (on both coconut and pizza) will open the proverbial can of worms! Have we had the pizza discussion before? It seems familiar.... 😏

• Like 7

^^ Not that I mind the discussion, I just can't remember!!! 

• Like 8
Sleepy Otter

I have food issues, so I have to use coconut milk, oil, and flour in some recipes (not all together).  Coconut oil is not  bad on vegetables or to cook with and I have gotten used to whipped coconut milk - that is the most coconutty of the three.  The flour is fairly neutral.  Coconut is not my favorite but I have made peace with the fact that if I am going to eat anything considered "normal" it is going to have coconut in it...although if I were able to eat everything, I probably wouldn't pick a cake with coconut flakes in the icing.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, teatree said:

Have we had the pizza discussion before?

Not sure if we've had it on this thread, but it certainly has come up on AVEN in various places. :lol: 

• Like 6

Coconut oil is purportedly the healthiest to cook with 

• Like 4

I like coconut in candy. Preferably, covered in chocolate. That's about it.

Coconut flour is good for pancakes.

I cook everything in EVOO.

• Like 5