anyone past 50 on here?

I remember my mum telling me of a mishap - wardrobe malfunction I believe it is called now - when my dad was attempting to teach her how to swim.  She stood up in the pool and the top of the swimsuit stretched down revealing all.  Apparently my dad pointed and laughed which made everyone turn round and stare before mum could pull the suit up and exit the pool.  She never did learn to swim. 

• Like 9

I haven't encountered that, but I did once have a male customer whose trousers fell down as they got out of the taxi, fortunately they were wearing something underneath 

• Like 8

That's a very unusual response to getting a taxi.!

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Mz Terry said:

I remember my mum telling me of a mishap - wardrobe malfunction I believe it is called now - when my dad was attempting to teach her how to swim.  She stood up in the pool and the top of the swimsuit stretched down revealing all.  Apparently my dad pointed and laughed which made everyone turn round and stare before mum could pull the suit up and exit the pool.  She never did learn to swim. 

That wasn't very nice (to say the least). :( 

• Like 8

A friend of mine dove off her (now ex) boyfriend’s boat and came up (sans bikini top) alongside a boat some distance away.  Turns out some of her father’s coworkers were on it.

Her then-boyfriend found it much funnier than she did.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

A friend of mine dove off her (now ex) boyfriend’s boat and came up (sans bikini top) alongside a boat some distance away.  Turns out some of her father’s coworkers were on it.

Her then-boyfriend found it much funnier than she did.

OOOPS!

• Like 7
Guest Jetsun Milarepa
5 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I haven't encountered that, but I did once have a male customer whose trousers fell down as they got out of the taxi, fortunately they were wearing something underneath 

3 hours ago, Tunhope said:

That's a very unusual response to getting a taxi.!

.... @Skycaptain  ! Get your coat! You've pulled! (not me- the customer!)....😆

10 minutes ago, chandrakirti said:

.... @Skycaptain  ! Get your coat! You've pulled! (not me- the customer!)....😆

"barf" 

• Like 6
BobRossRules

I have yet to have a bathing suit accident.  However, a few years ago, my skirt was caught up in my tights.  I had no idea how long I was walking around with my butt showing.:o  No one said anything to me.  When I discovered it, I was mortified!!  Especially the thought that I might have seen patients that way.:redface:  That day I bought a full length mirror that I installed in my office so I can check myself before entering the exam room.  If people don't know the story, they must think I'm vain having a mirror in my office.:lol:     

• Like 11
1 hour ago, faraday☘ said:

If people don't know the story, they must think I'm vain having a mirror in my office.:lol:     

I love mirrors.  Not because I like to see myself but because they make the room seem bigger and brighter.  One time I had a "date" come to my home for dinner and she commented something about being narcistic with all of the mirrors I had mounted in my home.     Never went out with her again, but it really made me think about how others would perceive  multiple mirrors.

I had a delightful evening.  I watered all of my spruce trees that have been growing for 30+ years since I planted them.   It was fun just hanging out with my dog and my trees.  I have watered them about twice per week since they started growing late last month.  Some of them have almost a foot of new growth so far!  I have the day off tomorrow so I plan to get a lot of misc. ranch chores done.

Congratulations to @Tanwen for the academic success!

• Like 11

Speaking of co-workers, an ooops moment of mine from many years ago. There was an attractive female summer student working not too far from my work area. One day two construction workers that I knew were working nearby in the factory. One of them commented that Mario's daughter was working over there (the student). Mario who I asked. They replied with his full name.

EXPLETIVE! 

The other two started to laugh and I said now you make me feel like a dirty old man. Why they asked? Mario was in the grade ahead of me and her mother was in my home room for crying out loud.

Of course they had to ask me what her mother looked like... 

• Like 7

One of my work colleagues has sent me a text "sorry, can't work today, I had too many beers last night", he's 62 and married FFS. Talk about immaturity. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

One of my work colleagues has sent me a text "sorry, can't work today, I had too many beers last night", he's 62 and married FFS. Talk about immaturity. 

You’d think by age 62 he’d’ve learned to just call in sick without any details!

• Like 10
10 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

... a few years ago, my skirt was caught up in my tights.  I had no idea how long I was walking around with my butt showing.:o  I was mortified!!  

:o oh, I can imagine you were mortified, so I do sympathise; but it did make me laugh so much. :lol:

2 hours ago, ryn2 said:

You’d think by age 62 he’d’ve learned to just call in sick without any details!

:lol: exactly. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

However, a few years ago, my skirt was caught up in my tights.  I had no idea how long I was walking around with my butt showing.

Many years ago I did PC Support work for a medical device company with a large local manufacturing facility.  The company was still “full business dress” for all non-manufacturing staff, so I had to work in a skirted suit even though my job involved a lot of crouching down and crawling into cabinets and under desks/tables.

One afternoon, after I’d spent six hours with my jacket off (so, just in a shirt and skirt) crawling around installing equipment in a printer room, one of the very few women downstairs nicely pointed out that I’d buttoned the back of my skirt but neglected to zip the zipper.

If I’d been standing it would have been fine, but bending at the hips... not so much.

Wouldn’t you know that’s the day I wore sheer hose over bright red thong underwear.

Oops!

At least I knew why so many of the manufacturing supervisors (all men) had shown such unusual interest in the new equipment...

• Like 10

@ryn2, and they probably had no idea that, being ace, the "new equipment" wasn't for use by anyone else 😋 😋 

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@ryn2, and they probably had no idea that, being ace, the "new equipment" wasn't for use by anyone else 😋 😋 

Yeah, that was many years before even I had any inkling I was grey-ace or whatever... but none of them stood a chance with the equipment regardless.  😂

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Muledeer said:
16 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

I love mirrors.  Not because I like to see myself but because they make the room seem bigger and brighter. 

I find them useful for reflecting light from the windows into areas where I grow indoor plants. Also, across from a window they make another window. 

• Like 7

I remember my then-husband's brother and wife had a wall of mirrors behind their couch.  If you were sitting on the couch and they or one of their five children were talking to you, they did not look at you, but looked at their reflection in the mirror instead.  It was eerie.  I was in my early 20s, and it left a strong impression.

Edited by pickles mcgee
Word choice correction
  • Like 8
8 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

they did not look at you, but looked at their reflection in the mirror instead.  It was eerie.  I was in my early 20s, and it left a strong impression.

That must have felt pretty weird...more blatant than most examples of being more interested in ones own performance than in the person one is speaking to.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, pickles mcgee said:

I just noticed that I wrote wall of windows instead of wall of mirrors. It was definitely mirrors.

Ha! I read "wall of mirrors" - I guess the context made my mind make that adjustment. :lol: 

• Like 7

I wonder if mirrors have become less fashionable since the advent of electric lighting. In days of yore they maximised the spread of light around a room, and were a status symbol as they were very expensive. 

• Like 10

Got the 'feedback' on my final assignment. It wasn't as detailed as the tutor's but got 4 'Achieved', 3 'Well achieved' and even 1 'Excellent'!!! Mark of 74% -- so, yes, well chuffed :lol: 

The topic I chose was 'What makes a site sacred' 

• Like 13
7 hours ago, daveb said:
7 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

Ha! I read "wall of mirrors" - I guess the context made my mind make that adjustment. :lol: 

me too🤣

• Like 5