anyone past 50 on here?

Welcome, newbies.

It has been another hot day here, and Little Dog has been chillin' out in front of the fan.

20180715_200030_resized.jpg

Earlier he saw a butterfly in the garden and chased it, not sure which was cuter, him or the butterfly, which was unharmed.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Mz Terry said:

... Little Dog has been chillin' out in front of the fan. ...

:lol: If you say so. Ha, ha, there’s a lot of hair alright. 🤣 Seriously, Little Dog looks adorable. 😊

• Like 9
On 7/15/2018 at 9:04 AM, daveb said:

Gotta save the kids from seeing nipples. 

Most people have nipples, but the kids only need to be saved from half the population's nipples.

I was talking about this with a friend just today.  We were at a beach on Sauvie Island in the Columbia River with his two young daughters, but he'd forgotten to pack his almost-five-year-old's swimsuit.  He told her she could swim in her underwear, but she wouldn't hear of it--ended up swimming with her dress on.  There were boys all around us with chests of every size and description--shirtless, of course--and quite a number had what I would describe as large breasts.  It is not the size of the boob that matters (flat-chested women must still cover up), it is only the assumed gender.  I wonder if a trans man who has not had top surgery can get away with going topless (not that trans people "get away" with much; I'm not proposing that trans people have it easy).

It's not such an issue for me personally (the cultural sexualization of breasts took care of my ever wanting to go topless except in a very safe environment), but it seems like it would be nice if any 4-year-old could feel free!

On 7/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, Tja said:

Can't tell heads from tails, in this photo, @Mz Terry.😋

I was going to say the same thing!  That photo is adorable and hilarious, @Mz Terry!

Good luck, @Tanwen!  We are rooting for you!

On 7/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, daveb said:

Got up to at least 100F here today. :(

Lord, yes!  It is blasting hot!  My apartment has no AC at all.

• Like 10

It was 94* in central Ontario today. 

• Like 8
To Each Their Own
4 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

Everyone has nipples; the kids only need to be saved from half the population's nipples.

N=1 I don’t have nipples. 😉

• Like 6

@Peace.of.mind, @susan mary, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

@Tanwen, hope you get the right result 

@Mz Terry, my cats have been sprawling like Little Dog, it must be hot when my tabby (Sheeba) is hiding from the sun. 

They're threatening that the weather here may turn a few degrees cooler, but still no rain 

• Like 9
Autumn Sunrise
6 hours ago, daveb said:

Got up to at least 100F here today. :(

Ouch! It's been so cold here that the frost isn't melting until late morning! Yesterday morning the water in the chickens' water bowl (inside their house) had ice in it - poor things, but they seem to be coping OK so far.

Welcome @Peace.of.mind an@susan mary :cake: :cake: :cake:. Hope you enjoy the company and conversations here :)

Good luck with the module results, @Tanwen :)

@Mz Terry That picture of Little Dog is unbelievably cute :D

*cats* and I had a lovely meeting and High Tea with Kazbe a few days ago: it's so nice to have the chance to spend some "real life" time with the occasional AVENite  :D

• Like 11

Wasn't expecting  my result until tomorrow, but others in the group siad they'd got theirs so went over to my home page and --- I PASSED!!!!!

Dinozzo was BRILLIANT at Scentwork training this morning. So I've had the BEST day :D

• Like 12
To Each Their Own

Have a brilliant day, Everyone!

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Autumn Sunrise said:

@Tanwen Congratulations! :wub:

ditto

Yay and :cake: !

(nice to get the results earlier than you expected, too)

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Tanwen said:

Wasn't expecting  my result until tomorrow, but others in the group siad they'd got theirs so went over to my home page and --- I PASSED!!!!!

Dinozzo was BRILLIANT at Scentwork training this morning. So I've had the BEST day :D

Congratulations!  That’s all awesome!

• Like 5

@Tanwen, congratulations for you and Dinozzo

Cribbage League annual accounts, and club branch monthly accounts are done, a successful evening 

• Like 7
Gentle Giant

Congratulations, @Tanwen!

I’ll have the next 2 days off. I’ve been taking some vacation time here and there throughout the month. Wed. will be a very busy day.

• Like 9
BobRossRules

When I was a kid I used to pretend I was a boy so I could go topless.:lol:  This wasn't just at the beach either.:o  Too shy now to do any type of topless, let alone nudity.  I barley have the guts to wear a bikini.    

• Like 10
1 hour ago, faraday☘ said:

When I was a kid I used to pretend I was a boy so I could go topless.:lol:  This wasn't just at the beach either.:o  

I tried this once.  My friend’s mother tattled and my mother was extremely peeved at me.

• Like 9
To Each Their Own
3 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

I'll edit my post!

🤣 

• Like 4
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Haha! @faraday☘ . I inadvertently went topless when I was 25....I took my mum to Spain, where we lounged by the pool, her in her sensible light clothing nd I in my new bikini. It was a bright green halter neck one that tied behind the neck. I swam around a bit, then got up and walked through the crowds towards her. I couldn't help noticing how horrified she looked (I'll leave you to guess the rest!). That little boy in the adjacent room to us will probably never be the same again!