Have you ever experienced an orgasm?

toujours

1. 1. Have you ever experienced an orgasm, either by yourself or with a partner?

• Yes, and I enjoyed it
    • Yes, and it was just OK
    • Yes, and I was indifferent to it
    • Yes, and I didn't like it
    • No. I've never tried to have one (either by having sex or masturbating)
    • No. But I have tried to have one (either by having sex or masturbating)
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

This thread was dead... Why did you resurrect it?

There is a unique story on this behind me but I won't tell it because it's WTMI.

carried in bags

No. But I have tried to have one (either by having sex or masturbating)

It used to really worry me. I even talked to a sex-therapist about it. I tried it on my own, with several different people - both male and female. I do wonder what it'd be like. If I've not had one by now, I never will

never odd or even

i felt some sort of random sensations down there at weird and random times, and sometimes in dreams. and its mildly nice i suppose. i'm more curious if thats just random sensual action down there or if thats an orgasm. if it is, i'm not very impressed. i've tried on my own and with a partner and was soon very bored and feeling ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
AmusedByMusic

Have ONLY had them by myself. Have tried with girls, guys and someone I was "in love" with but nothing. I don't masterbate as much as a guy would/does typically, but maybe more so than girls I know? I don't know, its hard to tell because not everyone is open and honest about it. Whatever, I could live with or without it. Its usually a boredom thing or to relieve tension that happens out of nowhere occassionally.

What does it feel like? I've tried...but...I...just...don't...have...them....

LaughingWolf

With someone - don't see that it's worth all the work

Alone - can do it fast and then it might be worth it... maybe. Sometimes it just makes me depressed.

Yes. To get rid of the annoying tension and sometimes stress from school and stuff. I don't think I can if someone knows when I'm masturbating; I wouldn't be caught dead having one with anyone else.

I find it enjoyable most of the time, but I'd rather listen to music or play video games since I become totally indifferent to the short-lived physical pleasure I just experienced.

• 9 months later...
Janus the Fox

Enjoyable, some of the time, its quite hit and miss and most of the time its more of a need, rather then a want.

Other, since some of them are accurate. "Yes and I enjoyed it, Yes and it was just OK, Yes and I was indifferent to it & Yes and I didn't like it" all fit at some point. My physical/mental connection with sexual sensations is just weird & can be tricky to keep together, so yeah, that's why my answer's all over the place.

Oh wow, pretty old topic.

no and i've tried with someone and alone. i just found it frustrating because i felt like i was getting close but it would never happen. i gave up because i became more repulsed by sex and don't like touching myself. i really would like to know what it feels like though.

I...have no idea...

I've always wondered if I've had one or not. I masturbate and stuff...it feels...good I guess...but I've never known for sure if I've orgasmed or not. I've always heard the "you'd just know" excuse...but I don't buy it because, how am I supposed to know?...so I have no idea if I've ever had one.

Not sure if this is necessary, but just a warning for those sensitive people.

I've masturbated since a very young age and never really had one until just a few weeks ago. I used to think ejaculating equaled orgasm, but I was so wrong. I was amazed at what some sexual discipline can accomplish.

By myself; yes, I found it Ok, as away to reduce stress, but as far as 'the rush' goes I feel more stimulated watching Grimm.

With someone else; *Connection to brain failed* I can't even comprehend that... just... No.

oh, this is too funny. there are really that many people who wonder if they have?

let me just put it this way: if you're not sure, you haven't.

Not sure if I have or not. I mean, I have masturbated, but that's not the same thing as an orgasm, is it?

I am Asexual but I have had them both by myself and with a partner, they felt good but I could go the rest of my life without needing another.

I breathe a lot, my back arches, my shoulders contract a lot where I'm being raised up off the bed in a thrashing movement, I sort of pelvic thrust a bit, my toes curl, my legs wobble like Bambi on ice. Those are all involuntary movements, and they probably vary a bit from person to person. I also usually make a bunch of moaning sounds or say things like "oh, oh God, oh" or "yes, yes" - but I can hold that back if I don't want to be noisy. Your heart rate goes up, and when you're done, if you feel down there you're probably a bit wetter than before you orgasmed. Often, orgasm will wear you out, and you'll just be a noodle - totally relaxed and relieved.

Okay so...going by your description...I've done this...or, came VERY close to this but...I...didn't really like it. It left my arms feeling incredibly tired...and feeling tired, to me, just isn't something good or exciting or enjoyable. It's not relaxing to me at all. More of "crap, I'm so frickin' tired now! UGH!" I...don't like it, at all. Now, imagining "stuff" until I get close to that point and a little pressure until my arms start to begin to feel tired (I have weak arms okay!) then...that's it...I feel good there...no more...any more and it just becomes overkill. After I get to that sort of feel good point, that's all I need. I'm done. Go on about my normal daydreaming after that. If I'm watching something to help me out, after that point, it's just becomes a useless and boring video. Turn it off, turn on my JPop music instead. Off to dreamland.

Also, before you knew it was an orgasm...how did you know? What made you finally decide "Ah! This is an orgasm!"? I think that's probably the issue with myself originally and many other's not being aware of whether it really was an orgasm or not. Saying you'll know when you have it...isn't really helpful...unless it brings you to a sheer utter bliss, of course you're going to question it. I figured I'd never had one...because most people explain it as a rush of great feelings (I even noted the description of what an orgasm would feel like and cause physically in a woman on The Doctors) but even that didn't help! I sort of experienced what they said, but...since it wasn't something I really enjoyed and most people claim how great it is, I figured I hadn't. I even did research online, but everyone gave almost the same answer "you'll know." That's...not really the case every time apparently.

OK, look. here's the most perfunctory way to describe it: an orgasm is a genital sneeze. not a polite sniff into a handkerchief, but a full-fledged, dust-driven, sinus-clearing ATCHOO.

if that sounds familiar, you'll laugh and say, 'OK, yeah, i get it now, i've had that.' if not-- trust me. you haven't. keep trying. when you get there, you'll know it.

end of story.

ETA: to answer the question about how to know before one knows what an orgasm is-- i didn't know what to call it. i was 11, and all i knew was that i thought i'd broken something and swore i'd never do it again. about a year later-- after i'd done it again about a hundred times-- i read a definition of an orgasm, and said, 'oh, so that's what that's called!' i never had any question.

you may consider this a Public Service Announcement.

Your arms...feeling tired? What are you doing with your arms? :blink: Do they flail around involuntarily? I mean, my "active arm" can get tired from stimulating down there, but that's not a result of an orgasm, that's because I've been playing my downstairs like a piano for a good half hour and my arm is tired. There's a difference.

Uhh...just creating pressure...down there...that's it. I use my non-dominate arm for an extra bit of strength. I meant that to get to that 'orgasm mode' it takes more...so my arms get tired.

Okay, it brings you sheer utter bliss. Seriously! I am not kidding. It is the difference between "unf, yes, genital massage" and "OH FUCKING HOLY SHIT DAMN THIS IS AWESOME"

It's good enough without the full blow effect to me. Going to that orgasm point is just too tiring, too much work...I'd rather get really close to it and stop...I'm blissfully happy there.

Considering how quickly your arm seems to get tired, I doubt you've gone all the way there. My hand gets worn out about 30-45 minutes in. If you're a n00b masturbator, that might not be enough time to orgasm. An average is about 20 minutes, if you know what you're doing.

30-45 min? 20 min!? Are you serious!? Dude, it takes like 3-5 minutes total to get to my 'good point.' I use more visualization than anything, that and sound...from video's or what have you. My imagination is mighty! XD But reaching all the way down there...while laying down...is tiring...I don't have super long arms...and no upper strength whatsoever...plus being fat means more to reach over. (Put it this way okay, in Kindergarten, I'd have to switch hands when trying to raise my hand to answer a question several times while everyone else still had the same hand raised. Okay? I've always been like that. My upper body/arm strength is incredibly easily drained.) I've been "playing around" with myself (wouldn't really call it actual masturbation when I was young...but I was definitely doing 'something' down there...with meaning) seriously for 14 years.

This is also HIGHLY accurate. The buildup to an orgasm is like the buildup to a sneeze. Once you've "sneezed", you don't feel the buildup anymore.

And the fluttery feelings are also not buildup. It's hard to describe.

Once I get to my 'good point' (not full orgasm) I don't feel the buildup anymore...I feel quite content.

Okay so, I feel just fine with the way I do things. Maybe I have gotten all the way there, maybe I haven't. But you know what? I'm happy with things, I feel more than good enough. So to be quite honest, I don't really care whether I have or haven't anymore. I'm fine with my own way of doing things. You're fine with yours. Enjoy it! We're different...so is everybody to some degree.

I don't really get turned on or have much of a sex drive so noo. Not for lack of trying though, believe me. Time I'll never get back.

Archived