Poll to see if there is any correlation between gender, and being aromatic/romantic

Data

1. 1. In topic descipriton.

• Aromantic female
    • Aromantic male
    • Very high romantic drive female
    • High Romantic drive female
    • Average Romantic drive female
    • Low Romantic drive female
    • Very low Romantic drive female
    • Very High Romantic drive male
    • High Romantic drive male
    • Average Romantic drive male
    • low Romantic drive male
    • Very low Romantic drive male

This poll is closed to new votes

is curious to know what the difference between high and very high romantic is... obsession?

pawprint prettysure

I'm genderqueer so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to answer.

Anyway I have a very low romance drive.

After much deliberation....and lack of sleep, I came up with this. Let me know what you think:

Aromantic female/male-- "I'm too asexy for this poll"

Very high romantic drive female/male-- "I will pummel you with my lovehearts until you succumb to my awesomeness...or death"

High Romantic drive female/male-- "Nice shoes. Let's have cake."

Average Romantic drive female/male-- "Tea for two, and two for tea...."

Low Romantic drive female/male-- "Crushes and Squishes and Friendships, Oh My!"

Very low Romantic drive female/male-- "I'll have my people call your people..."

*new* Anti-sex female/male-- "I. Will. Cut. You. Period."

A technicality because other people are going to mention it: sex and gender are not the same thing. Sex is what you are physically (primary/secondary sex characteristics, chromosomes, etc.), whereas gender is your internal identity. There are two common sexes of male and female (with intersex individuals somewhere inbetween), but there are many genders. Since you only list male and female, I'm assuming you're interested in the biological sex, so that's how I answered. My gender is genderqueer, though, so if you mean gender, I don't have an option in this poll. So unless you're only looking from answers from cisgendered people (whose sex and gender match), maybe in the future keep that kind of wording in mind, or always err on the side of caution and include an "other" option. :)

Also: very nice, imonroe. :lol:

I suppose as a demi-romantic bio-female (gender ambiguous) I should answer low romantic drive female? :mellow:

I suppose as a demi-romantic bio-female (gender ambiguous) I should answer low romantic drive female? :mellow:

Sounds fine to me. I didn't include all possible orientations, and genders becouse the poll have 12 options even now when it is "streamlined".

• 2 years later...

Low romantic male. I'm not aromantic that I know of, but I doubt that I do have romantic feelings for people and I can manage to talk myself into and out of them if I think about them too much. If I don't over think it I do have feelings, but they generally aren't very strong.

• 2 weeks later...

I put myself down as very low drive female. I guess I identify as grayromantic asexual. I do, in essence, "like boys," but I have no interest in dating anyone and rarely actually feel any interest in boys.

RandomGirlK

I am female, and I am not sure what my romantic drive is so I put average. Im certainly not low because when I do get a crush on someone I like thinking about being romantic with them and have a tendency to get a bit obsessed with thinking about them, but I have never actively seeked out a partner, and can go years without being in a relationship without feeling that I need to be in one-and most of the time it doesnt matter to me that being with the person I have a crush on in a romantic way would be impossible.

Interesting results!

I voted "Very High Romantic Male". LOL

But, if I hadn't had experinced love feelings before, I would probably have voted "Low Romantic Male".

Ase of Spades

I chose "Low Romantic drive female" since I'm demiromantic and that seemed like the best fit.

I chose low romantic female. It's kind of odd, I don't see the need for any "roses and chocolate" romance, I'd much rather have "cuddling during the action movie" romance, but at the same time I really like fairytale-style, old fashioned courtship. And all of this I feel should be subtle and seldom.

I hope there isn't any correlation between romantic level and gender, otherwise it'd be very hard for heteromantics to find a partner. :wacko:

I don't think I fall on the gender binary. Crap. o__o Did you mean biological sex?

Notte stellata

This is the first time I heard of the term "romantic drive". Interesting. :)

I guess my romantic drive is low to average (I voted for average). I think it's nice to be in a romantic relationship, but I'm not a super romantic person (especially not interested in roses, chocolate, candlelight dinner, etc), and I can be happy without being in a romantic relationship as well.

Aromantic male.

Interestingly, the aromantic % isn't that far off from each other at present.

non-Sushimitzu

As an antisexual, I would like having this option. Maybe with a different wording, though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm female, and I chose high romantic drive, though I have to admit I am not entirely certain of the criteria you might have been using. . .

I have a pretty deep-seated desire to have someone to be intimate with - in, you know, the non-sexual sense. Talking and cuddling and kissing - when I like someone I like being able to touch them a lot of the time, though I do that with friends as well, there is definitely a shift between friends-cuddling and partners-cuddling in my head.

On the other hand, if I don't have a partner at any particular time, I am pretty much entirely unlikely to do anything more than playfully flirt (which I kind of do by accident, apparently? Having never been very alert to anything relating to sex without a direct point-up, I just bat sarcasm and wit and whatnot back, 'cause it's fun, and have been informed that it comes across as flirting back to people. Oops?) that lack is almost certainly due more to some severe anxiety disorders, insecurity, and my general lack of outings where I might meet people than a lack of desire to acquire a partner.

So I hope that answers your query in something resembling sensible fashion. . .

red_brick_dream

I think there need to be more "gender" options here than "male" or "female..." I'm having difficulty answering this poll.

After much deliberation....and lack of sleep, I came up with this. Let me know what you think:

Aromantic female/male-- "I'm too asexy for this poll"

Very high romantic drive female/male-- "I will pummel you with my lovehearts until you succumb to my awesomeness...or death"

High Romantic drive female/male-- "Nice shoes. Let's have cake."

Average Romantic drive female/male-- "Tea for two, and two for tea...."

Low Romantic drive female/male-- "Crushes and Squishes and Friendships, Oh My!"

Very low Romantic drive female/male-- "I'll have my people call your people..."

I <3 you

I personally cannot see anything more than sex meaning what in your pants regarding gender only because I disagree with this genderr thing. Since I am born male, I am a male now.

Also, I am a person who prefers to live in solitude who could not give a care about others at all, so I am an aromantic

Seien Hananosei

I'm genderqueer so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to answer.

Seconded...

When I was young I would have answered very high romantic drive female. Today I consider myself more an average to low romantic drive female.

• 2 weeks later...

I answered female aromantic because I was AFAB, but I'm agendered, and the poll says "gender," not "sex," so I am a little confused? Is there a possibility of adding more options, three separate questions, romantic drive for females, romantic drive for males, and romantic drive for others? Sorry, you can ignore this if it too much trouble.

Archived