What was your first kiss like?

Cloud_Kitten

That is sweet indeed. I wish you both the best. You're very lucky to get somebody like that! I hope you guys have a wonderful life.

That reminds me of this girl in highschool that had her boyfriend since she was 13, and when I met her again in college, she was already married to him. :lol: I told her that I had always admired her relationship through out highschool, [being in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship since before that far back!? It's pretty amazing!] IT was the only relationship that I ever saw in any of my classes that didn't end! Most people in highschool weren't even able to last a week in a relationship. Also, she was also a very smart and clear headed person. She wasn't like other girls who worried about trivial things and wasn't into vanity. So I was very happy that she was still with the same guy years after highschool and she seemed pretty happy too. I also remember something interesting that she did in highschool, she had an album of photos of her and her boyfriend that goes back years. It was cute. Its kind of neat that there are people like that and I'm happy to have at least seen that kind of pair in this world.

So yeah, knowing about these kind of stories makes me happy.

Thank you :blush: I think I am very lucky too.

&That is a very cute story. Stories like this make my happy as well ;*

I find the one week 'flings' very sad... (no offence to anyone)

&I hope you find your special someone someday <3

My first kiss was awkward and badly done, as was my first kiss with tongue. My partner laughed and smiled and told me I was cute; he also won't let me forget about it years later. It makes me embarrassed which makes me angry.

Thank you :blush: I think I am very lucky too.

&That is a very cute story. Stories like this make my happy as well ;*

I find the one week 'flings' very sad... (no offence to anyone)

&I hope you find your special someone someday <3

Oh my, thanks, but people always say that. :lol: Even on the very, very first forum I have ever been on which was when I was 13 years old. Some online pair told me that I would find her someday and I was all like "really?!" when we were talking about relationships in some thread. That was 12 years ago. :wacko: Lots of people say that. I appreciate it though although I wouldn't know anything about my future. I already dislike how old I am, 18 was the maximum limit for me to get a girlfriend. I find it hard to justify getting a girlfriend at this age to the point of pretending. x _x Trying to justify a girlfriend at this age is weird.

My first kiss was awkward and badly done, as was my first kiss with tongue. My partner laughed and smiled and told me I was cute; he also won't let me forget about it years later. It makes me embarrassed which makes me angry.

You are still with the person you gave your kiss to? :P That is so amazing, and you don't even mind too since your still with him! I think thats great! Hope you give kissing another try! I think if kissing goes wrong on the initial try, it doesn't mean future tries will be the same. It's just a theory though.

If my initial kiss goes bad or feels like nothing, I won't freak out about it but I would want it to be with an asexual girl because they probably wouldn't worry either and we just do something else like play games instead. The thing I would mainly want from a girlfriend is hugs. I bet hugging must be so great. = <

Mine was about 3 years ago.

After about two weeks of this guy friend I was living with at the time smothering me into his couch trying to get ME to initiate it, I got fed up and it happened. It was too wet, way over the top, slightly disturbing, and highly offending after he asked me to take my shirt off, twice, when I refused him the first time. (and the second time).

I think the undressing request really holds the most of the 'EW" feeling from that memory. Neither of us had kissed someone before... and that's just NOT something you ask someone after having your first kiss, EVER.

Of course, if I was REALLY counting, I did kiss my best friend in the second grade a few times because I loved her (in that 'you're my best friend you're my everything' childhood way), until she told me to stop because it wasn't something we were supposed to be doing. But I only recently remember that that even happened at all :P

Personally I think I'd like kisses, if I could ever find someone I have chemistry with. I feel like they have the potential to be amazing.... chemistry provided.

I had a pretty good first kiss which seems to place me in the minority here! I was 16 and had been 'going out' with this boy for about a month; as kisses go it probably wasn't that great (wet, a bit clumsy) but I was so excited and probably buzzing with hormones so I really enjoyed it! I don't really remember much of the actual kiss though, just my feelings after :wub: !

After the first few though the novelty wears off and I started to find them a bit boring. But, I went out with him for a whole year after that so I obviously didn't mind much!

Personally I think I'd like kisses, if I could ever find someone I have chemistry with. I feel like they have the potential to be amazing.... chemistry provided.

I sort of agree with this - a kiss in the right situation, with the right person i've found can feel great! I've never really enjoyed many kisses over the years but there have been a few which worked (My best kiss has to be with this guy I'd been friends with for a while and we were at a party and started dancing together... :blush: he was such an amazing kisser!)

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

My first kiss? Hmm...

*thinks back to the fateful day--my 16th birthday, incidentally*

*!!!!^+BRAIN SHUTS DOWN+^!!!! ++++MELON MELON MELON++++ ++++WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR HOGSWATCH?++++ !!!!^+BRAIN SHUTS DOWN+^!!!*

Huh. Must have been pretty bad.

I'm in that awesome club of people who've never been kissed. Though I can't say I mind much. It bothered me much more at 15 than it does at 20 now. Actually it doesn't bother me in the slightest now. I think of it as a fun fact about myself.

I remember, when I was 14, in Eighth grade, I read a fact: "Average Americans get their first Kiss at the age of 13".

I was like "Oh No! I'm too late". Three years later, I still haven't been kissed... :lol: I kind of like that. Most kids I know would be embarrassed that they haven't been kissed, or had a Girl/Boy Friend, but that's part of me.

I'm the same way. Most would be embarrased about it, but I'm perfectly comfortable with it. :)

~Shenhua

My first kiss was on a park bench, with my friend at the time. I was 14 yo and he kind of jumped onto my face in the middle of conversation and started pushing his tong into my mouth, which was all so eager and nervous and took me by surprise that I pushed him away and started laughing and laughing, almost fell from the bench from laughter 8)

I felt so sorry for the poor guy later, just couldn't embarrass him further with explaining how I was actually laughing at life, to my silly dream of a perfect kiss and how it will all be like... And then a friend jumps on my face! omg...

It took me a while to get that perfect kiss, there were other disastrous attempts, but it eventually came :D

Well mine was with my friend in a just sorta messing around way (though apparently she had slight feelings for me and blah), it was short and therefore I didn't mind.

However the first guy I kissed was way too into it, and it lasted more than 4 seconds, which let me focus in on the sound.... I hate the sound.

So I ended up punching him in the chest. :lol:

Typical Power

My first thoughts were "Why the hell is she moving her mouth like a squid attacking me face?"

That should sum it up.

First three kisses on my first ever date with my first ever boyfriend were really not the phenomenal, although at this point I've kissed worse so I can't say he has bad, but I did break up with him soon after, a portion of the dumping because of the kissing.

The first good kiss I had was with my last boyfriend, and I attribute that to the fact that he had had over eighty girlfriends prior and knew exactly what he was doing. He seemed to think he was really turning me on, but I would have been pretty content staying at that kissing place for quite some time, and he wanted to push the relationship to further depths. Hmmm.

The first good kiss I had was with my last boyfriend, and I attribute that to the fact that he had had over eighty girlfriends prior and knew exactly what he was doing.

over eighty girlfriends?

yikes. i'm not certain i've even known eighty girls in my life.

Junior school...pursing my lips whilst sucking air in with tightly shut eyelids... Having both of us with closed eyes, I think neither of us connected properly:)

The first time... I was drunk, and I didn't even know the guy's name. We were doing some serious french kissing too. I didn't think it was horrible, but I did feel it was long and pointless.

The second time... slightly better, but I was still drunk.

The third time... I was sober, and I did it willingly. I think I enjoyed it, though it was longer than necessary, and I think I would have preferred to just cuddle.

Anyways, I don't think kissing is that bad. I'm not sure I'd ever take the initiative to do it myself though.

Ugh. I can't really remember my first kiss, but I'm sure it was nothing special at all or else I would be able to remember it. I do remember that first kiss I had that lit a spark and was magical, but I never found that kiss ever again.

I'm in that awesome club of people who've never been kissed. Though I can't say I mind much. It bothered me much more at 15 than it does at 20 now. Actually it doesn't bother me in the slightest now. I think of it as a fun fact about myself.

I remember, when I was 14, in Eighth grade, I read a fact: "Average Americans get their first Kiss at the age of 13".

I was like "Oh No! I'm too late". Three years later, I still haven't been kissed... :lol: I kind of like that. Most kids I know would be embarrassed that they haven't been kissed, or had a Girl/Boy Friend, but that's part of me.

I'm the same way. Most would be embarrased about it, but I'm perfectly comfortable with it. :)

~Shenhua

I'm with you all on this one. I'm progressing through my twenties (at a seemingly alarming rate) and I still haven't had my "first kiss." I kind of had to redefine it as an "I love you" kiss with a boy/girlfriend since I lived in some cultures where you give a kiss of greeting but it's was more like a peck in the air or near the cheek. I suppose that I'm saving that first kiss. :)

CautiouslyOptimistic

I cringe just thinking about it. I was 18, and I really liked this guy, he made me laugh which is really important to me. He pushed me against a wall and kind of swayed to me like he was trying to be sexy. My first thought was "EW!!!" my second was "Hell no, this isn't for me". Since then I've done some more kissing and realised I can handle them in small doses but if there's so much as a hint of tongue I'll be sick.

Also, the strangest thing ever happened after my first kiss- he blew in my ear. What the?! That's just creepy.

Not all it's cracked up to be (though she apparently enjoyed it). I've had some very pleasant kisses since then, however.

This is an interesting thread. It is making me want to kiss someone! XD

I will be 21 next month, and I have never kissed anyone. I have always thought I would like kissing, but after reading this thread, I don't know. One person I am really attracted to often kisses me on the cheek, and I always much enjoy that. But kissing someone on the lips I'm sure is very different. Last fall someone who claims ze is straight around everyone except me asked me to do the kiss-in with hir. Part of me wanted to do it just to see what a kiss is like, but I said, "I've never kissed anyone before." Then ze said, "Oh, nevermind. That would just be weird." I didn't really want to kiss hir because I wasn't attracted, but there are definitely people who, if they asked me to kiss them, I would do it. Whether or not I would enjoy it is unknown.

My first kiss was horrible! I was 17, drunk for the first time, and it happened during a game of truth or dare...anyway, it was really mechanical, when I got sober, some hous after that, I actually cried lol, hating myself for wasting my first kiss on something so stupid (I was kinda seving it too, anyways, as I said, stupid me).

I have tried to kiss two other people and it was equally mechanical and...well...disgusting. If it was just the lips, ok, not good, not bad, but the whole French kiss thing is just plain bad to me. I don't know if actually loving -not only liking- the person would change anything, but I am afraid of testing it again lol.

I was seventeen. One of the guys I work with--who I'd fallen hard for two years earlier--decided to take one for the team and give me my first kiss. He was wonderfully silly about the whole thing, and I rather liked it. No fireworks, maybe, but I wouldn't change anything. First french kiss was all kinds of awkward, but I kind of got used to those. Kind of. I'm really more of a hug person, though.

Guest MWotton

I don't understand why a first kiss should be so much better than any others...

My first was in a forest and a good friend just told me he wanted to kiss me, i didn't struggle. It wasn't too bad. I thought it wasn't as great as it should be because i knew the person too well ( kiss has never been about love for me), so i tried again with someone i met during a party, and it was much better with a stranger...

But i don't kiss strangers everyday. :rolleyes:

well, I didn't mind kissing him. I s'pose it was boring, but still exciting because it was the first. I didn't hate it before his hands went weird places. Ignored him for half a year after that.

You are still with the person you gave your kiss to? :P That is so amazing, and you don't even mind too since your still with him! I think thats great! Hope you give kissing another try! I think if kissing goes wrong on the initial try, it doesn't mean future tries will be the same. It's just a theory though.

If my initial kiss goes bad or feels like nothing, I won't freak out about it but I would want it to be with an asexual girl because they probably wouldn't worry either and we just do something else like play games instead. The thing I would mainly want from a girlfriend is hugs. I bet hugging must be so great. = <

He was, and still is, my first everything. First kiss, first date, first love, and if we ever break up, he would be my first ex. We're married now, and have had many wonderful kisses. Every now and then we still have a horrible one :P Hugging is awesome, and sometimes comical. "Come snuggle with me!" "I don't fit there." "Here, I'll move!" *shuffles 2 inches* *I sit, he puts his arm around me, and somehow my neck gets twisted in this horribly uncomfortable position.* "I told you I wouldn't fit." "What are you talking about? You fit fine." "I'm getting a drink." *I try to stand up, but he's hooked his arm around my leg* "NOOOOOO! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!"

I would generally say not to worry about your first kiss going badly, (or your first sex, if you ever decide to have it). These things do get better with practice. (At least, they did for us. I know of other couples where that didn't happen.)

My first french kiss was horrid. I just started working and I took a girl on a date to a club. We both had to much to drink by way of gummi berry juice. So she suggested we should go for a swim at 1 am. Against my better judgement we slipped into some public pool where she grabbed me and kissed the bejeezus out of me. She was plastered and her tongue was out of control! Stuffing my mouth, trying to reach my heart through my throat. I nearly gagged.

It was so bad that later that night I had a nightmare that she was still kissing me!!!

Oi. Mine was nothing special. It was when I was 17, with my first (and only, so far) boyfriend. I just assumed that if we were going out, then I was supposed to kiss him. I put it off until the third date, but eventually caved and we basically decided to kiss for the first time. I wasn't necessarily expecting fireworks ( I wasn't exactly crazy about the guy), but I was expecting a little more than I got. It was wetter than I had hoped. And very uninteresting. And I didn't 'feel' anything the way they talk about. He liked it, I suppose, since we ended up doing it several more times throughout our relationship. It never improved. I kind of got used to tuning it out.

Never had a french kiss- which I don't plan on changing anytime soon. The concept just sounds disgusting. I didn't like when he would try to lengthen or deepen the kisses, or when he would try to do several in a row. One or two scattered across a long period of time wasn't too bad, but I never really enjoyed them. Overall, I'd rather claim the proud status of a kiss virgin.

I'm thinking it would/will be a lot better with someone I had chemistry with. Or someone I felt really strongly about. And trusted a lot. I'm not completely closed the the idea of kissing, but my past experiences weren't great.

Archived