Adultery

Arvandor

Coming soon to a theater near you: "invasion of the green monkeys"!!!

Starring Carrie-Anne Moss as Monkey #14... "curse this land and its lack of foliage!!!"

Patrick Stewart as Monkey #63 "Make it so, monkey number one"

Charlton Heston as Farmer Jackson, first human to encounter the green monkeys. "Take your hands off me, you filthy green monkey!!"

and Will Ferrell as Colonel Stacy, leading the human defenses. "Prepare chicken cannon! Fire at will!!"

Watch the struggle between monkey and man as it's never been pictured before! In theaters this friday!!

Heeheeheeheehee (curls up in a ball and giggles)

(Col. Stacy and the Chicken cannon are ripped of from the royal canadian air farce)

Adultery to me ranks right up there with murder, etc. And I don't think it's "wrong" in the criminally punishable sense...it's MORE than criminal. It's an irreversible negative act. (Punishment in my opinion is meant for rehabilitation, I'm NOT necessarily talking about jail time.)

I mean it in this sense: Just like murder is irreversible, and a lot of wrong things have to be in play before it happens, so with adultery. There can be no "punishment" for that lack of trust. Trust, once lost, can never be replaced IMHO.

You can bet adultery (IF I cared enough to date and marry..which I don't) would be a major dealbreaker for me.

But of course, I am a theist and have a theists' set of ideals to sort of go by.

Edit: I'm not talking about people who just met, and are not married, and screw one another, then both of them go out and hire hookers or something. I'm talking about two people who have *promised* each other, long term, they'll exclusively have relations only with them. That's when the damage is done.

biggreenmonkey
It´s the invasion of green monkeys. At first they were silly. Now we´ve got a big one.

Yep. After the asexuals have taken over the world, the 'green monkey' sect shall take it over from you!

Shouldn't of said that. Sorry silly, I guess we need a new plan. 8)

Yes!! My campaign to discredit them succeeded!! Now the spockian dominance plan can go ahead on schedrule (-:þ

Oops, guess I blew it too... Plan B!! Plan B!! (drops smoke bomb and runs away)

There's a shrine to the Jade Money on my webpage, soI guess that Makes me the High Prist of the Green Monkey Sect :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

just thought i'd iclude my own story of adultery

i think adultery is a major sin, but still forgivable. a sin is a selfish action.

the woman i loved once was (very unhappily) married, separated from her husband because of ruined trust based on the past. Not having a sexual drive myself, i saw it as safe to be in love with her, but it was a selfish act on my part, wanting to be loved by her and not considering her commitment to her husband as being as important. My sinful mind reasoned that surely it could all be worked out happily, and that my loving her would help her to be strong and work out things with her husband. But after spending a night in bed with her, my conscience really kicked in, and the mistake became more apparent. That's when I really started feeling the need for forgiveness from my creator :? And i started, with God's help, weeding out the thoughts from my mind that contain some level of lust. I mean, I have no sexual drive, my sexual organs do not function, but my mind did have the habit of wanting to be desired by others. I was very selfish, very lacking in empathy, hopefully improving now, but still a long way to go. But i do believe in forgiveness, that to be forgiven one has to forgive everyone else. So, plenty of adultery here mentally, made apparent by one physical act.

I do kinda think adultery should be a crime. Maybe premarital couselling should be promoted more, too, so that marriage can be more successful in the quickly changing world.

:shrug:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Frigid Pink

Adultery is wrong because nobody wants to be cheated on.

I would classify it as a "sin" because a sin is something considered immoral or wrong.

If you are not sexual and adultery does not directly affect you, that doesn't make it any more right or wrong than if you are. If it is something that happens to others and not to you, that also doesn't make a difference whether it is more right or wrong. We should care about other people in addition to ourselves. I may not have to face the consequences of adultery, but if someone I know has been cheated on etc., and it is clearly wrong because I can see how much they have been hurt by it, then I will not be apathetic to the situation.

i see it as a breech of contract and trust. and a little less so because until the cheated spouse finds out...nothing changes. :lol:

waht might happen is that...small breech of faith can lead to bigger ones...and the danger is that one later on. adultery is just a small step to show how untrustworthy the spouse can be.

I don't view adultery as a sin. This is partly because I know of several couples who have an unspoken arrangement where one or both partners conduct affairs. In all these cases, the marriages were very bad matches, both not really liking each other, and the adultery allowed the couple to spend time away from each other time to time, and avoid huge rows when together. This has allowed their children to live in reasonably happy circumstances which would otherwise not have been possible in the event of an otherwise inevitable divorce.

What I am very much against is a very common result of adultery, namely paternity fraud. I've heard of some pretty horrible miscarriages of justice regarding this, so I believe that paternity fraud should be penalised with fines or custodial sentences.

Loki

a sin? I dont know about that.

it's a matter of broken trust. I could never go back to the way things were if I wuz cheated on. I'd get a divorece right then and there, even if I still loved my husband, I could never trust him again and I couldnt live like that.

What the hell am I talkin about! I dont have a boyfriend let alone a husband! I dunno

i share that indignation but sometimes people do compromise for practical reasons. think Hillary Clinton! now why would a woman as intelligent and qualified as her continue? except for love. please dont tell me that she did it because she is eyeing the Presidency in 2008.

ahem. welcome back Orpheus.

I don't have much experience in my circles on adultery, because most of the people I know either aren't married yet, still are, or can't marry because they're gay or lesbian.

(Two close friends of mine know a man who caught his wife and her lover - he shot them both, and while disposing of the bodies, killed a fisherman he suspected of witnessing the dumping! (He is awaiting trial...)

The act of cheating on a partner utterly sickens me, it's a betrayal of trust, otherwise said, totally gutting. In my wildest dreams I can see myself killing a fisherman while I'm dumping bodies... though I wouldn't. I have a deeply primal reaction, utterly devoid of reason concerning this- and have indeed experienced such betrayal AAARRG.

There again, I am capable of having tea and cakes with lesbians (who I tend to frequent) who hold that one should "follow one's desires and needs, above any spurious moral principals" (I live in Postmodern France). I know three such people who've left one partner for another (several times) - one fine day, one of them got utterly riled when her partner exchanged her for someone else. Ha! I had little sympathy.

Sexual desire is too often inconstant, and people do fall for others during their lives, but it's how the change-over/dumping is handled that makes a difference. Fine words, anyone who works out how to dump gently deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm so gald to be far away from all that mess now.

Today a sentence was passed condemning a man who was separated (but not legally divorced) to pay a fine of ARG $50000 (enough to buy a middle size car) becasue of adultery. While I'm fine with it (as I've stated before that cheating is a one sided breaking of a legal contract), I am somewhat disturbed that the criteria used was the man's public appearances with the other woman. I mean, I could go out with lots of people but that doesn't mean I'm a polyamorous bisexual!

Archived