UK Telegraph article

ehartsay

Live R Perfect

Well spotted indeed! The telegraph was the only broadsheet that I haven't kept my eye on :)

Interesting tangent they take at the end there!

From the 'asexual movement' to medical ethics, the Telegraph covers it all. Well-researched and thoughtful, even with the agenda.

Interesting article, but I have a few niggles with it. That's the press for you though, I suppose.

Asexuals, like all embarrassed minorities, have found a haven in cyberworld.

Who said we were embarrassed?

The chatrooms of the Aven website are full of men and women (in equal numbers) who share his physical squeamishness, and his reverence for the purer forms of intimacy. In their eyes, sex debases love; and those who practise it - "sexuals", as we are dubbed - are regarded with pity, disgust or bewilderment.

I'd disagree with most of this, it's very generalistic. I don't think I've seen anyone here saying that sex debases love, most seem to accept it as just one expression of love. And I don't think the general view on AVEN is to regards sexuals with "pity" or "disgust" (back to the anti-sexual argument again).

I can't fathom why the article suddenly started talking about medical ethics, though. :? Seemed completely off the point to me, like the author had run out things to say about asexuals.

Well spotted indeed! The telegraph was the only broadsheet that I haven't kept my eye on :)

Interesting tangent they take at the end there!

Actually my dad found it for me!

*grabs thread*

*holds it down*

Cate

What a good article- very perceptive!!

The asexual movement is a useful reminder that happiness does not always reside between the legs: that ardour should not take precedence over love.

So true!!

Archived