Why do people like snow so much?

Cupcake_Master

I do love the snow and was sad to move away from it this year. *looks forlornly out the windows at the RAIN* Snow can be dangerous and last year the snow fall was so bad I 'lost' my car under it for a few days, but I liked being able to go outside and walk to the store, meeting all the people with their families that would be out and playing in the snow as well.

Even a bad snowfall like we had (three times last year!) which left parts of my area stranded in the snow for a few days was nice. People got outside, helped others dig out their cars/trucks/front doors/kids/etc and were just all around pleasent. I think it's partly how you and your community deal with it. We were used to it, so ... we had fun with it!

Also, I can SKI and ICE SKATE this time of year!

Where I'm from, winter means that it's going to get super cold and icy. + it always rains no matter the season... :rolleyes:

So it might as well get cold enough to snow.

Besides, I'd rather bike through snow than rain.

I doesn't snow that much anymore though, probably because of the whole World heating up and stuff. I say, don't save the environment because of the poor ice bears, save it to help Danes regain our white Christmas...! ;D

Kafka Sometimes
It's all about opinions, I know, but I can never get what's so good about snow. Sure, it's pretty. But rain, and even hail at times, is pretty too. That doesn't mean you're going to go outside in the middle of a thunder storm or hail storm..Though snow isn't as much of a hazard in a certain sense.

I'm really into photography, and I think snow is fairly pretty. So, I tend to enjoy going outside while it's snowing so that I can take pictures of various things. I don't, however enjoy the cold as a general rule. It's just the look of the snow, and the way snow makes things look, that I enjoy.

Also, don't always assume things. I happen to love rain, and I also happen to love being outside in the rain, too. =)

OMFG YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FWEND!

Have some EPIC CAKE!

caek.jpg

SCORE!!!!!!!

Also, I LOVE that picture!!! Totally reminds me of that Spongebob episode with the cardboard box, when he says "imagination" to Squidward and there's a rainbow; but Spongebob doesn't have EPIC CAKE!, so I win!

Mizal, those are some awesome pics! The snow looks lovely. ^_^ I like how you put the 'eh?' at the end. Very Canadian. :lol:

Haha thank you. That snow actually collected in my wheelbarrow by the house, there was so much snow recently that I only found it today. I had to find some packing snow to pack in the envelope, doesn't melt as fast. ^_^ I actually added the "eh?" at the very end, I figured it was appropiate since she mentioned she wanted the Canadian snow, eh? ;)

Also, another reason I adour snow so much is that it brings wildlife towards our property, especially white-tailed deer. We usually have around 25 every year and we feed them three times a day, every day. They're beautiful creature, and the best news is that I don't hunt - at all! So, the deers are fed because I love nature, and of course, I tape them for memories in the summer! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ourdeer

Check out my profile, the

lasts 10minutes. :wub:

Nothing is funner to me then doing 45 MPH side ways in a wide open parking lot with three of my friends. Absolutely love driving in the snow as long as it's not on the road with people that don't know how to drive in it.

Snow Boarding, Skiing, Sledding, and Snowmobiles are also a ton of fun.

I've never seen snow because of my lovely (Er, not) warm climate in CA. Though it is snowing onthe mountain near me. I can't go up there and play in it though.

Snow isn't so bad, because its fun to have snowball fights. However, I HATE ice. I've broken my freakin' ankle on ice TWICE.

I reckon I like the snow primarily because snow = cold and I love the cold. And snow is so pretty, too! *_* But we don't get nearly enough of it up here and far, far too much rain over autumn and winter; about a week or two (overall) a year is it, and temperatures seem rarely to drop below -5C during the day, probably most frequently being in the low positives for most of the winter.

And now I'm all happy again. Yay for winter! ^_^

Sage Shalamar

Hey... I have have this one video game. This particular video game is for gamecube. It's Animal Crossing. Have you heard of it? Snow is very beautiful on some video games, but I don't really like it in the real world. In reality, I hate being cold. I hate walking outside when it's cold. I get cold easily. In autumn, it's not that cold. That's just my opinion. Did you know that snow gets dirty after people walk outside in it? I must admit. It is beautiful when it falls from the sky. Is this a good post? Yes? No? Hmmm? I'm not so sure. ??? :unsure: :redface:

snow is made of magic.

magic makes puppies.

therefore snow is puppies.

and everyone loves puppies.

therefore everyone loves snow.

My logic never fails.

I love snow, but I hate the cold!

If snow were warm and came down during the summer... I'm not even sure what I'd do. It would be perfect. Imagine! Warm snow! Doesn't that sound amazing? It wouldn't be so horrible to scrape off of your windshield every morning, you could pick it up without freezing off all of your fingers... So many possibilities, I can't even think of any more right now! But warm snow really would be a great thing. :D

Besides, I'd rather bike through snow than rain.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/surly-pugsley/index.html

just the tool to do both

I COULD SO HAVE USED THAT BIKE TODAY! I feel like I jinxed myself with my other post, because today it has been snowing like crazy! This morning when I went to school, It was snowing a bit, then when I was done with all my classes, there was almost half meter layer snow on the ground, and it was still going strong. It was very hard to get home, my College is in the semi-country site of my city so both the pavements and the bikeroads were filled with snow. The whole thing was rather weird, on one side I was busy and had to go home rather quickly, on the other side I thought the situation was so interesting and could almost not believe what had happened.

I felt bad about all the ambulances I passed, though.. :(

I just looked out of my window, and it's still snowing, in a mild way. I got reminded of something amazing about snow. Yesterday, at this time, it would be pitch black outside, but tonight it isn't, all the snow, covering everything, brightens the whole street up as if it were noon. ( winter noon, though.. :rolleyes: )

I can't wait for Dinozzo to see snow for the first time...and will it be anything like my two boys who loved the look but then they discovered it was cold and wet :D

I love snow because in Canada, it spontaneously generates baby harp seals for the cutest photos evah. :P

I love watching snow, and walking through it is fine if I have the right boots. I only hate it when it turns to slush and that slush freezes into ice making it dangerous for walking or driving.

I rarely saw snow growing up in the South, but in Puget Sound it has snowed every year. I just wish the snow plows wouldn't shove all the snow on sidewalks--I have to walk on those sidewalks, ya know.

The most beautiful sight I've seen so far was an Anna's hummingbird investigating my ladder in the midst of a snowfall. I never thought I would see a hummingbird in the snow. It was magical, and I really mean it. However, I wonder what they are eating during the winter--insects or just thriving on feeders?

Archived