Why do people like snow so much?

Cupcake_Master

Cupcake_Master

It's all about opinions, I know, but I can never get what's so good about snow. Sure, it's pretty. But rain, and even hail at times, is pretty too. That doesn't mean you're going to go outside in the middle of a thunder storm or hail storm..Though snow isn't as much of a hazard in a certain sense.

Why do you like snow, if you like it?

To me it just makes winter worse. Winter is my favorite season, but it's so cold..When it snows it's even colder, since it has to be a certain temperature to snow.

When you're outside you have to be watchful for ice and puddles. It looks gross once people and cars start walking it too.

It's just..Bleh.

When I was a kid, I liked snow. Now I'm a grown up, and I freakin hate snow.

I detest snow with a passion.

But My hatred is associative. I associate Winter with some of the worst and most trying times of My life, and I associate snow with some of the more specific events because it always seemed to be frickin' snowing then.

And yeah, it is annoying (and potentially dangerous) as all get-out to get around in.

I'm so glad it doesn't snow down here.

I enjoy snow mostly because it's pretty (I love all precipitation, except for those kinds which are dangerous), and because it creates a nice environment for walks (etc.)

And, as a teenager, I appreciate the occasional snow day.

Snow is fun because you can throw it at people while still remaining socially acceptable. You are likely to get into trouble if you throw water or a chunk of ice at someone.

I've never seen snow. Just icy roads and "snow" that's really just rain once it's close enough to hit our heads. Our whole city shuts down because of that "snow."

I enjoy snow mostly because it's pretty (I love all precipitation, except for those kinds which are dangerous), and because it creates a nice environment for walks (etc.)

And, as a teenager, I appreciate the occasional snow day.

Welcome to AVEN, Pugnacioun. Glad to have ya' aboard.

Even though I am now in my mid '50's, I still fondly remember "losing" a day of school to a snow day. I recall many times when I would roam the house chanting "snow, snow, snow" almost every time it clouded up during the winter.

When I was a kid I enjoyed snow far more than I do now. Of course we used to get quite a bit more of it than we have been lately.

I am curious -- how much snow does your hometown receive in a typical winter?

I used to like snow as a kid cause we used to have a gigantic hill in the back yard since i lived in the country side.

It just started snowing here in Southern Ontario and I'm already sick of it. It can go away nao =__=

Sure, it's pretty. But rain, and even hail at times, is pretty too. That doesn't mean you're going to go outside in the middle of a thunder storm or hail storm..

Oh, so it's just me that does this then? :blink: Being outside in thunder and hail storms is amazing.

I usually love snow, especially when I'm back up North in the Pennines. It is simply gorgeous :wub: though it can be a bit of a pain when you get snowed in, especially when I'm staying on a friends farm. Then it means having to go check the livestock and possibly losing some due to the cold and the like... which is never good. When it snows up there, it snows like it means it, unlike Portsmouth and the South of England in general...

Everything seems to grind to a halt with the tiniest bit of snow... like when London pretty much came to a stand still with only a couple of inches of snow. That made me giggle as I'm used to anything between 2 and 6 ft plus.

I do begin to hate snow after a couple of days. Once it melts and then re-freezes it's horrible. It then just becomes a death trap soley designed to cause injury/ embarrassment...and once it becomes all slushy, it's just horrible.

Why do I like it? It makes the world look even more gorgeous, and makes for hours of entertainment, especially since several of my friends have young children so I get to be a big kid and build snowmen and the like without feeling daft (not that this usually stops me :P) Plus, when it snows, it can make the place seem warmer. All in all it's rather awesome, to a point....

When I was a kid, I liked snow because it was a rare event. Texas doesn't get much snow. I moved to Colorado not too long ago, and my opinion of snow has greatly changed. There's just so much of it and it's really hard to walk in, especially when it's turned to ice. (I still do like little bits of soft snow powdering sidewalks and the way snow looks on trees and mountains, but I'm tired of the cold and falling down on sidewalks all the time.)

Also, I like to go outside and play in the rain. I've sat outside just to watch lightning and listen to thunder. ^_^

Snow's only slightly better than sex. Seattle has hills and the snow gets covered with ice and it isn't pretty anymore. Maybe sex = -5, snow = -1.

I love snow. I grew up in a town in North Dakota where they only closed schools because of snow if the snowplows froze to the ground. Every day as soon as school let out I'd head out to play in the snow and practically had to be carried kicking and screaming in for the night. Amazing I never wound up with frostbite or anything.

Here in this part of Kentucky, we get rain. Cold, miserable rain that floods the yard and turns it into a gooey muck of mud that persists till spring. And it freezes every night into an ice rink. Everything becomes a drab gray-brown that even a sunny day can't touch.

I'd take snow over this rain any day. At least snow is easier to slog through, less nasty to get covered in while working, and looks pretty.

Winter is my favorite season because of the snow. I'm not really sure why I like snow, but I do haha

because its to hot where i live for it to snow naturally i get that i wouldnt lie it so much if i had to live in it but i dont so meh :P

mgiht also have something to do with the fact that its quater past midnight here and 24 degrees C sooo not nice humidity is through the fricken roof!

Snow is awesome. This is not up for debate.

It's the accompanying celebratory season which I hate.

I love snow and the winter. I'm so pissed off that I'm stuck where I am this winter, where I'll barely see any snow whatsoever. Of course, I do tend to get awfully sick this time of year. Last two christmases I was so sick I couldn't even stand up.

Sure, it's pretty. But rain, and even hail at times, is pretty too. That doesn't mean you're going to go outside in the middle of a thunder storm or hail storm..

Oh, so it's just me that does this then? :blink: Being outside in thunder and hail storms is amazing.

No... I do that all the time. I just love the diversity of weather. It doesn't snow where I live other than a light dusting of white on the local hills. To me snow is something that I need to go to and usually it is during some type of vacation. I love watching it snow and uncovering my car and walking and drinking hot cocoa.

The thing I love the most about the snow is.....

SNOW = SNOWBOARDING = <33333333 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hurling my body down a mountain at a high rate of speed makes me happy!!! I ski more than snowboard, but I love them both!

It's fun to play in! :D You can build things out of it, throw it at people, ski, sled, snowboard..It just opens up all kinds of reasons to go play outside! :D Plust it's beautiful. I love snowy nights. Have you ever seen snow on the ground in the moonlight? Divine! :wub:

I think it's beautiful when it glitters in the sunshine and when the flakes are very large and fall slowly. Other than that, it's too cold and when it dissolves it makes everything disgusting. :\

I also have this wierd thing where when it rains or storms I need to be outside in the rain (if possible) and I feel refreshed. Then again, I secretly think I'm a mer-person with legs anyway. lolz

It got us out of school. That is a good thing. It was okay when I was little and it is scenic. Other than that... damn it! It is cold! Covers, heater, cat!!! Need warmth! >_<

To me, snow is beautiful. It's true that it causes a lot of problems, especially on roads and highways with winter driving, but untouched snow is absolutely mystical. Snow places a blanket on nature, which allows you to be able to do certain activities that summer wouldn't allow you. That extra cushioning releases my inner child, and I smile and spin in circles with my arms out when it's snowing. Friendly snowball fights... making snow angels while holding a friend's hand... snowmen who steal your coat and gloves somehow... yes, shoveling the snow from your driveway and decks can hurt your back if your body is not used to strain, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. Winter's my favourite season, unfortunately, we've been slaughtered with too much snow at once. So, if anyone is looking for some Canadian winter snow, I'll be glad to mail them some. :)

I love the snow! It's the only time when I don't mind if it's cold.

Ice, on the other hand...I don't like. I'm a clumsy person and when there's ice I always slip... <_<

I lovelovelove snow! And rain! And Ice! And cold, "sad" weather in general! I think it's beautiful, sometimes I'll go out in a mild hurricane and just enjoy the thunderous amazingness! I love weather, the kind that calls for attention! I just love bundling up in layers on a snowing evening and going for a walk with my dog or watching and hearing the pitter-patter of rain against the roof of my room. It's all amazing.

And with snow, all that winter joy and cheer is included!

Oh gawd, I sound so so optimistic xD

Mizal, I am CRAVING that Canadian snow! xD hahah!

I lovelovelove snow! And rain! And Ice! And cold, "sad" weather in general! I think it's beautiful, sometimes I'll go out in a mild hurricane and just enjoy the thunderous amazingness! I love weather, the kind that calls for attention! I just love bundling up in layers on a snowing evening and going for a walk with my dog or watching and hearing the pitter-patter of rain against the roof of my room. It's all amazing.

And with snow, all that winter joy and cheer is included!

Oh gawd, I sound so so optimistic xD

I totally agree, I love the power and beauty of nature, especially it's bad side. :blush:

Mizal, I am CRAVING that Canadian snow! xD hahah!

Alrighty than!

snowopen.jpg

snowclosed.jpg

Be sure to point to the bottom of the envelope in-case the mailman complains about all the letters getting wet. 8)

SNOW = SNOWBOARDING = <33333333 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cool, I've always wanted to try out snowboarding.

I happen to love the winter weather. Rain, snow... just the whole cold weather in general. :wub:

Mizal, those are some awesome pics! The snow looks lovely. ^_^ I like how you put the 'eh?' at the end. Very Canadian. :lol:

One of the reasons why I want to move to Russia more than Spain. It snows in Russia (I think it does in Spain too) and...

I LOVE SNOW :D

Whenever it snows, I watch it's beauty from usually inside the house and my eyes probably sparkle with happiness like they do in Anime lol

Archived