Opinions needed...

Ok, for those who didn't read my welcome post I will do a little explaining.

I didn't know why I felt so different for ages and ages until I found this site. I used to think I must be a lesbian, but I never felt right with that label. Now I know I am not and this site finally gave me the explanation.

Now someone of my aqquaintance recently came out as gay...but I was talking to them the other night and they said that they weren't undersexed and had no desire for it whatsoever...sound familiar?

And I am wondering if perhaps they are in the same place I was, knowing they are not "normal" and assuming that a lack of sexual feelings towards the opposite sex makes them gay when in fact they might just be asexual. Either that or they're a gay-a.

But then I wonder how on earth to talk to them about it all...I haven't actually told anyone yet.

Live R Perfect

Maybe you could send them a link to one of the many articles (maybe the New Scientist one?) and say you stumbled across it and that you thought it sort of matched up with what they had told you about themselves?

*seconds Liver's recommendation*

*makes room for more people*

Cate

I can see where you're coming from, while I never personally felt I was gay, I've had friends ask me if I was more than once in the past. These accusations came mostly from the fact that I never talked about sex or oogled random women that they thought were "hot".

I never knew quite what was up with me until I read an article about Asexuality a few days ago. I knew I wasn't gay, and I felt sorta like I was straight, but I never felt sexually atracted to anyone.

Anyway, I agree with Liver, send them the link to the article, that's what helped me.