Overweight?

Kensta

"Overweight" or not?  

1. 1.

• Under or Equal to 'Normal' level
    • Over 'Normal' level
    • I dont want/cant be bothered to know/say/find out

This poll is closed to new votes

First option, although I have weight problems (it moves from underweight to normal and vice versa all the time).

I'm 6'1" ~215 pounds. That's overweight, but only about 15 over my ideal.

silentdreamer

I am overweight, and haven't had much support when trying to shed the pounds. I'm about 50lbs over what I want to weigh and more so over what's considered "normal" weight. But I don't want to be normal weight. It does effect my self-esteem, but I weigh less now than I used to a few years ago so I'm making progress. As soon as I get into a more supportive environment, I'm sure I'll do a lot better. It's tough to watch what you eat when everyone else is eating cake in front of your face <_<

• 7 months later...

Weight is just the measurement of the force of gravity on your total mass... or something. I can't be bothered to make that make sense.

I'm actually a very healthy, happy person. Considering I was "overweight" because of a disease, I'd say I'm doing freaking well now that I don't have it and am still chubby.

I can't the elitist attitude that says we need to be thin. Sure, there are cases when a person is so large they're bodies can't take it- but give us all a break. There's no proof that being a chubby/large person automatically gives you a crappy life.

And believe me- I've heard all the crap about how being overweight causes health problems. It's true in some cases, but to use that as an excuse to spread more hatred? No thanks.

I know I'm big, but that doesn't matter. I'm just me, and beating myself up over gaining weight when my body was broken- will NOT make me feel better. So what if I'm healthy now and still eat less than 1000 calories a day- and the weight goes nowhere.

I'd rather eat enough to function properly and leave it at that.

Sorry, I just get worked up sometimes.

Archived