Zdravstvujte! :D

McPhail

Privetiki,

Est' kto?

Moshete boltat' po Russki tuta ;)

Hey that's cool :D

Da, a kak vi nauchilis' russkomu yaziku?

I'd type the cyrillic letters, but lol by Russian keyboard..is um somewhere else :D...also it'd take so much longer :D

Eto zdorogo, ya officalno nerusskaya...da i ni Anglichanka toshe, tolko na bumage ^_^

Познакомиться. Я изучила русский язык в университете. Я не Русская. Мы с родителями Американцы.

I haven't activated the cyrillic alphabet on my current computer yet, I'm using some program I found on google. My other comp has it, but I was stuck with old Soviet keyboard because I wasn't able to download the current Russian one :x

Kak kruto! :D

Malo kto reshajetsa izushat' russkij, potomuchto on sovsem nepohosh na drugije jaziki. Nu i kak chasto tebe prihoditsa izpolzovat' Russkij jazik? :D

Cool wow, I'd love to have a program like that, is it similar to the Japanese character ones...where you'd type in 'nii' and it'd give you a symbol for it? :D

Я изучила русский язык потому что я думаю, что это интересно. Я также изучила российскую историю и литературу. Но, я не использую это (русский язык).

Так, я забыла много. Я не говорю по-русски дома. Я не знаю российских людей. A вы?

is it similar to the Japanese character ones...where you'd type in 'nii' and it'd give you a symbol for it? :D

if memory serves me correctly you didn't have to type more than one letter to get a cyrillic letter, my prof gave us a print out of the Russian keyboard design, and because there are more letters in cyrillic than ours, some letters took up other spaces like the "[", "", "]" and other such keys. But it was a while ago so I might be mistaken.

Da, ya toshe ljublju drugije jaziki. Ya takshe znaju Latishskij (Latvian). Sovershenno drugoj jazik :D. Hotela nauchitsa Italkjanskomu, no *hihik* stala sovsem lenivoj ;).

Vi izushali literaturu?...A Pushkina znajete? :D...navernjaka ;)

'U likamorja dub zeljonij, zolotaja cep' na dube tom...I dnjom i nochju kot uchonij, vsjo hodit po cepi krugom ...' :D

oi, I'm gonna have to dig out my text to check the grammar case :P It's good review, but there's probably a lot of errors.

Я хотела изучить немецкий язык. Я учился один курс и я думала, что немецкий язык был легко. Mне нравится это.

Я читала Достоевского, Толстого, Пушкина, Чекова, Лермонтова, и больше. Я люблю Достоевского и Лермонтова. Я люблю рассказы Пушкина, но не его поэзию. Я не люблю роман. A вы?

I wasn't able to translate part of that quote, but I got some of it. Phonetics are really difficult for me because it's hard to translate some Russian letters and sounds.

lol naw, seems pretty much okies so far ;)

>Я учился один курс и я думала, что немецкий язык был легко. Я любила это.

Ya uchilas' odin kurs... chto nemeckij yazik bil ljogkij...

lol gotta think about that one ;) not sure myself XD *slaps brain* Damn you 3 am! :D

Ya, k soshaleniju, nechitala mnogo russkoj literaturi. Za iskljuchenijem fantastiki...

Strange sci-fi stories by Belyayev :D. Novels about 'Ihtiandr' and 'Ariel', mer-man and the dude who could fly, respectively. :D

>Phonetics are really difficult for me because it's hard to translate some Russian letters and sounds.

Sorry about that 8), yah, I don't know the proper Phonetics with these letters...so I am basically guessing, although I've heard that there are rules there too...

:D

Strange sci-fi stories by Belyayev :D. Novels about 'Ihtiandr' and 'Ariel', mer-man and the dude who could fly, respectively. :D

I'm not familiar with him, but it seems worth looking up.

I also loved Bulgakov's Master and Margarita. It has a Faust twist, the devil and his gang visit the Soviet Union in the 30's to find a woman (Margarita) to celebrate a Spring Ball, and the at the same they keep going back to the time of Christ (Master's also writing about the truth of Christ and Pilate).

Are you familiar with the contemporary writer Pelevin? I have two books by him (only finished one of them though)

From what I remember, Buddha's Little Finger's about these mental patients who have flash backs to the 20's civil war. The main character is a side kick to Chapaev (a famous Bolshevik officer). I remember in some of the other deliriums Arnold's Terminator character shows up, pretty strange stuff.

Homo Zapiens focused around drug using New Russians (I love New Russian jokes) and the hierarchy of power in Russia. It ties in Assyrian mythology.

lol you must forgive me...but alas I am so uneduceted in the contemporary and classic Russian literature :oops: . Yah, we left Russia to study in Latvia...so missed a lot of the 'mandatory' literature classes. I kinda regret it now, as any language is so beautiful in the hands of a poet...

:mushy: :D

OOooooh...The 'Buddha's Little Finger' sounds intriguing though :D

Time travel and craziness seems to go well together ;)...such as, on a tangent subject, Donnie Darko...Twelve Monkeys, the Butterfly Effect (which I am yet to see) :D

LOL! The new russian jokes, :D can't beat those ;)...never tell them to their faces *meep* :P

I loved these, I can't get enought of them (no disrespect for Russians)

joke 1 - The son of a new Russian writes a letter back home:

"Mom and dad, I am doing just fine, people here are nice. By the way I

don't need the new Porsche you sent me becuase everyone here rides on a

bus."

A few weeks later he receives a letter from his parents:

"Son, we are glad to hear that you are doing well. Unfortunately we could

not find a bus for sale around here so we are sedning you a minivan. We

hope it's only for few weeks, while we are looking for a bus."

joke 2 - A New Russian comes in to buy a car. He tells the salesman he wants a gray Mercedes. The salesman finds for him exactly the car he wants, and the man pas for it right out of his pocket. As he is about to leave, the salesman asks him, "Didn't you buy a car just like this from us last week?"

"Oh, yes, I did," replies the New Russian, "but the ashtray got full."

joke 3 - Two NRs meet, and one asks:

- Hey, Vasya, where did you get your nice tie?

- At the Valentino store. Cost me $2000.

- Phew, - the other one says with contempt, - I know a place where you can get exactly same tie for $5000!

LOL!

Nice one indeed there :D, great jokes there. :D... I miss the story-like jokes, as most of the 'short-verbal' humour in England is based on puns...

Such as:

What did the ghosts eat on Hallow'een?

...SPOOKhetti... *snort*

lol, *seeks the net for some New Russian jokes. LOL it's much more difficult if you don't have a cyrillic keyboard*

Едут в машине простой мужик, Новый Русский и хакер. Вдруг глохнет двигатель, и машина останавливается. Простой мужик говорит:

- Пойду посмотрю, что случилось.

Новый русский:

- Неее, типа, ненадо. Ща, типа, позвоню на мобилу: братки приедут - всё нам забацают, как надо.

Хакер:

- Может выйдем из машины и снова зайдём?

:D

Alexander Zorin

Hello all, i'm from Russia (S-Petersburg)

really pleasant seeing so many people here

did anyone hear about www.antisex.cjb.net (www.ruantisex.cjb.net) ?

Naissur9

Oh, yes, Bulgakov is really great

Privet,

Horosho chto nashli nas...

Tot sait jesho nevideli... I pochemu tam slon? :D Geroj anti-sexualov...slon XD

did anyone hear about www.antisex.cjb.net (www.ruantisex.cjb.net) ?

yes, that site has been mentioned and I believe some members here found AVEN through that site.

Alexander Zorin
yes, that site has been mentioned and I believe some members here found AVEN through that site

точно, сайт был сделан Yuri Nesterenko - нашим "russian antisex ideologist" (летчик, писатель-фантаст, программист, участник телепередач, известная online-персона)

...No ved' navernoje, antisex eto sovsem neto chto asexual...?

Ya mogu oshibatsa konechno, potomuchto eto vsjo taki novoje ponjatije.

Anti-sex eto ljudji kotorije protiv vsego 'takogo' i neodobrajut eto v drugih. A asexuals im...v principe vsjo ravno? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to translate non-cyrillic letter Russian?...:P

Hee hee, lol...

online translations translate sentences word for word, which would make the results grammatically incorrect or just sound obsolete. Instead of "у меня есть компьютер" you'd probably get something like "Я имею компьютер".

and what's wrong with the wording?

online translations translate sentences word for word, which would make the results grammatically incorrect or just sound obsolete. Instead of "у меня есть компьютер" you'd probably get something like "Я имею компьютер".

and what's wrong with the wording?

:) I see what you mean... A german friend of mine was trying to get a russian version of 'independent dog', but she got 'the stray she-dog' instead XD... lol

...those are good for the general idea, however...

Und, which wording? :)

Besides, both of those phrases sound right... :D

'independent dog', but she got 'the stray she-dog'

wow, that's quite a jump :lol:

Und, which wording? :)

that was directed towards legion cuz he made a comment on how my sentences were worded.

Besides, both of those phrases sound right... :D

my professors said that "иметь" shouldn't be used when talking about possession. I think they said it was obsolete or something. I remember reading Puskin's "the Shot" in Russian and they used "иметь" a lot and someone asked about that and professor said that it was used more back then.

(I am a native speaker)

Я хотела изучить немецкий язык.

You should say "выучить" not "изучить"...

Я учился один курс и я думала,

"Я училась"

что немецкий язык был легко.

"что немецкий язык легкий"

You are trying to say "that German was easy", but you don't use the word "was" in Russian in such a sentence. So your setence looks like a direct translation from English.

Я читала Достоевского, Толстого, Пушкина, Чекова, Лермонтова,

"Чехова"

и больше.

That doesn't work, it's an incorrect usage! You say "итд" (etc).

Я люблю Достоевского и Лермонтова. Я люблю рассказы Пушкина, но не его поэзию.

Well there is nothing technically wrong here, but it just looks artificial. ;)

Я не люблю роман.

"романы"

Right, and there is stuff like this in other posts too. It looks like direct translation of English words to Russian ones.

Well you didn't have practice in a while, so don't worry about it, it's natural i guess. :)

Ugh, perfectives/imperfectives were always one of my weaknesses. I always struggled with when do I use написать or писать, or читать/прочитать, покупать/купить. Am I still doing the action or am I completely finished? :?

ah yes, нравиться. I actually forgot about that verb. I'm so used to using любить because it just seems so easy and you don't have to fumble with the dative case.

And with regards to вы/ты, cultures that use formal/informal "you's" have etiquettes on which to use and when to change from one to another. As a foreigner I was also told, "when in doubt use formal, except when speaking to a child". So I figured formal would be appropiate.

• 1 month later...

swoon :)

russkie na pole brani :)

actually I didn't expect to see many russians here :P with russia still stepping into the "brand new" area of capitalism there's much more of sexism in the country. especially among the youth. Along with that a visible downgrade of the morals occur.

It's like after the years of the stagnation of the communism age youth finally feels that it's "cool" to be like beavis and butthead - and they are like them.

Only with ages passing people will start to get rid of this, getting more cultural potential in themselves and starting to see something else but pussies and willies ...

ehh :P

• 2 months later...
Alexander Zorin
There is a forum for russian asexuals at www.asexuality.ru

Wow !

the number of online asexuals increased by 17 percent (1/6*100%) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Zdravstvujte!:)

Ja negavarim pa rusky, zato citaju :) Nedostavaju cyrilicu....:/

(erh, I am sure I made some mistakes............... I just couldn't let it go, because I love Russian language and Russia soo much...........)

Archived